MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Where did frame limit mode (async/edge) go in 7.3.2b?

2. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Hit 'Setup' and scroll down a bit, should not be that hard to find

upload_2021-5-24_9-45-9.png

3. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Yeah I derped my bad.

2nd question:
    What the status of anticheat compatibility with 7.3.1? Which ones whitelisted it? I might have been too hasty to use beta

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nobody is manually whitelisting new betas or new builds from anticheat side. Digital signature is whitelisted, every single build signed by it gets automatically whitelisted.

5. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Oh ok, it is the same sig, got it

6. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    woa I forgot about using the "PassiveWaitThreshold=0" until now and I have just tested doom eternal and the frame time graphic was a complete flat line in over 1hr of playing, no stutters or spikes or anything like that is like the game was a lot more stable at everything and I'm using vulkan with scanline sync fixed at 120fps with every option maxed out.

7. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    how does one go about this miraculous passivewaitthreshold magic stuffs , also does one set it to ones desired framerate ? both the frameratelimit and scanline sync limit? thanks in advance i too would like to get those solid perf boosts, also can one then set this global or does this have to be done game specific?

8. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    In "ProfileTemplates" folder open "Global" file with notepad. Search for "PassiveWaitThreshold"
    Or
    In "Profiles" folder add line "PassiveWaitThreshold=0" to any of the profile config files you wish

9. DNB

DNB Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900 XT
    Its "dynamic" in that it auto adjusts to the **monitor resolution**. I was hoping it would show the **frame** resolution for dynamic scaling game options to show the true render resolution.

orangewoolcry likes this.
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The game does not utilize the CPU core that is being blocked by the RTSS limiter. Therefore, how much CPU is used during that block period shouldn't matter.

11. terry_bogard_sv

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    well is not exactly a "boost", my pc is able to maintain 120fps even at 4k with some drops to 90s but I'm using scanline sync and 1440p just to never have 100% gpu utilization, but there is always some stutter or frame spikes for loadings or stuff like that, when using the PassiveWaitThreshold=0 (don't know or tried any other setting for that option) is like all those spikes get smoothed and everything is full stable.. at least with doom eternal, it was mentioned in other post here that it may not have the same effect in all games.

12. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    ohhhh...you mean like games with internal rendering aka for example outputting 4k but in reality rendering 8k aka doubling pixel amount ...gotcha, not sure tho how possible that is tbh , could be a neat addition tho aka Display REZ...and INTERNAL REZ, cool idea actually

13. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    where would i find this setting so i can try ? also dont work for every game like that? you sure? anybody else been able to confirm or dismiss this?

14. Unwinder

This “cool idea” has no unified implementation way, it is specific to game engine and it is just plain crazy to add separate implementation of it for any game, it was commented above. I ask you one more time to stop flooding this thread with OSD “requests”. Killing madflorz’s thread with it was enough, no need to make development related thread flooded by the same content.

15. Unwinder

A few more development related news, if it is possible to say so.

Traditional “nice” weekend completely eaten by MSI AB/RTSS related stories. Woke up to see reported necro post, where some random reader with zero post count in RTSS/AB section decided to open locked thread and demand the justice… Spend a couple hours of morning on dealing with it, asked Hilbert to remove my mod rights to make such kind of forum visitors happy. It left nothing but bad taste in mouth.
    Then one more “pleasant” story. The next ban wave in Fallout 76, and of course the next group of “fair” i_an_not_a_cheater kids covering their asses and declaring MSI Afterburner/Discord/Precision is the reason of their bans. Spent a few more hours on commenting it in different places. Even met a user who tried to declare that “Afterburner has already held a reputation for getting players banned from other games besides FO76.”. Tried to wake his mind up with no luck at all, it was as useful as talking to a brick.
    As a result, absolutely whole weekend is killed on dealing with a complete nonsense. No work mood to develop something for AB/RTSS in the rest few hours. No chances to have a rest after past hard work week, no chances to self restore. Just one of “nice” weekends, which leave just one idea in the end of day: do I really need MSI AB and RTSS do be parts of my life?

16. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    Some people just want to complain.I love the program and would not use anything else. Have a 3090 evga and most of the other software is junk. Personally I would just ignore it. On a brighter note thanks for the great program.

17. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    @Unwinder
    I understand completely what you're talking about. You're an old schooll guy trying to do everything by the book, as time passes less and less people today know to appreciate that kind of work and dedication to something, so many ungrateful smart asses today.... stress will eat you alive.

Few years ago it was the same story here on my side: business phone, personal phone, 2x personal e-mail, 1x business e-mail, business contacts via B2B... Viber, WhatsApp, stupid Facebook... and it was like that 7 days a week, literarlly my hair was falling off from the stress. Tbh I am quite stress-tolerant person (47 and still no grays on my head, enough said) but one sunday after the pretty harsh week at the office (90+ work hours that week) and probably 100+ calls, hours of talks on the phone(s)... one sunday morning couldn't shave myself in front of the mirror, hands were shaking from stress like never before. Looked at the mirror: "...wtf am I doing!? as much as I'm trying to help as many people I can there are always those ungrateful who think they could call me or text me anytime and ask for a help even over the weekend days and those most ungrateful ones were top of the line cheap asses I've ever met...". That was the turnaround point for me...

It's completely different story now: ditched Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook... On business phone I'm available monday-friday 9AM-6PM, saturday 9AM-2PM... and I'm available ONLY if I'm not working on something important, otherwise: "...he's bussy atm, send him e-mail or call him later...". Personal cell phone is completely blocked 24/7 for EVERYONE except customers who understand my job (appreciate my help when it's really needed) and of course wife, kids, parents, bestman, few friends and family members, few local Guru3D members I've met here. On saturday 2PM I don't want to hear anything related to business, till the monday 9AM I'm available only for the people listed in previous sentence and nothing else exists, I'm there just for my wife, kids, pets, parents, friends and few family members. There is no money on the world that could buy me that peace I'm having right now over the weekend days.

Life exists outside the internet, now I lmfao when someone asks me in wonder: "...where are you dude?... can't reach you on Viber, Facebook..." ...just gimme a break, will you, you know where you can find me.

As much as you're wasting your free time to help someone ungrateful people will suck up more of your free time, it's that simple.... for you my friend time has come to draw the line... just take my advice: saturday, go completely offline and enjoy the life.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/hey-you-are-a-computer-person-right-can-you.438136/

edit
    110% sure not a single long time member here on Guru3D would complain if you're unavailable here on Guru3D or anywhere elso on the net by the weekend days. You need that free weekend, EVERY weekend.

Unwinder, Andy_K and orangewoolcry like this.
  18. terry_bogard_sv

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    WTF?! I'm so sorry for your bad day man, but there will always be f*&%$! who would do anything to save their asses... I have been using ab/rtss for a while now and as I said before, I don't imagine myself playing without them anymore.. best apps around for pc gaming.

19. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    @Unwinder,
    sorry having to hear that my dude , yeah sometimes you gots stupids like that...who dont know what theyre talking about , getting banned cause of msi or RTSS ...lmfao, dont let that crap get to ya too much, just ignore those fucks .. and hope your next weekend will be better spent for sure , also keep on keeping on RTSS means alot to me and others , and MSI is good as well, some folks have NO idea how much skill, talent and mostly time is required to create something as great as RTSS nor Msi AB, youve got my highest respect for sure

p.s also sorry for being ...spammy? not my intention just really into RTSS OSD feature its the bees knees , also said feature requests would be epic to have should you have the time to take it on , besides the impossible second internal REZ support ...which i understand now after you explaining in detail why it being impossible

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There may be a legitimate issue, but that issue is on Bethesda's end

Any game worth a damn is whitelisting and preventing false bans based on a digital signature whitelist.

That said, the issue could even be a flaw in the operating system, the latest release preview cumulative update is not without stupid issues - like the task bar tray glitching when dpi increases.