Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Pretty much this.
    For 20 bucks you can't go wrong with it on PC.

There's a lot of marketing and surrounding fluff by comparison to which you could easily say the game hit the ground running right off the start gate not achieving majority of what it was hyped up to be but what's still there is pretty decent if you're willing to turn a blind eye to relatively often occurring non-gamebreaking glitches and don't expect much interactivity from the city itself. As long as you treat it as a pretty backdrop that you're only supposed to watch and not touch on your way between quests Mafia remake style, you can get decent entertainment out of the game.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Haha excellent!

Archives... as in VHS taped?

PS
    need 1h version

cerebus23 and Passus like this.
  4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Cyberpunk maker reports slump in quarterly profit amid Playstation delisting

[​IMG]

Things are looking a bit grim for CDPR.

5. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It looks about same as it did for past 5 months, it just becomes clearer that there won't be any major overhauls, magical NMS makeovers and other wishful thinking scenarios.

Snippet from 1:05:08 explains that they're going away from hotfixes and patches will be always just titled patches regardless of their contents in same sentence as announcing that next patch after 1.5 months is not expected to be big.
    I would blindly guess it would come around somewhere first 2 weeks of June and maybe it'll coincide with first minor free DLC piece, probably throwing in a late cut quest and unfinished/locked content like thermal katana and thermooptic camo.

Comparatively - By 5 months mark, Witcher 3 players were welcoming Heart Of Stone expansion.

Still, it's just a game and it's a progress. It'll be slow and underwhelming but hopefully at the very least steady. It's just the fact that it'll never live up to the hype, not even close to it.
    The whole first year is just an Early Access experience and the roadmaps aren't even hiding it, anyone who bought so far probably just did themselves a disservice since the game will be in "intended" state roughly by 2022 and that's when it'll start receiving proper paid expansions.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm surprised the deficiencies Sony have with the game havent been addressed, a long enough time has passed.
    What is it preventing Sony from accepting the game now?

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I would guess they want to just avoid the costs of refunds and customer support, the potential gain is not worth it and lets be honest the game is lacking.

Its a real shame especially from what the game was originally proposed to be but in the end, CD Project Reds sales of future titles will suffer badly(i for one no longer consider them the RPG darlings unfortunately as there's not many left)

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Finally started playing this proper, just played a bit of prologue so far but feeling good.

However I immediately noticed the "dig deeper and you'll find cracks" thing.

When you're driving from the radio tower to Jackie's hideout, there's a bunch of people around a table on a yard to the right past the garage.

I wanted to poke around a bit so left the car to check it out.

The men sitting around the table had some "idle" animations but there was a woman leaning on the table doing absolutely nothing.
    Must have severed a synapse during latest cyberware installation.

Immediately got the feeling of cardboard props if you get my meaning.

Ofc I crouched behind the woman to check out her high poly well textured ass and no one seemed to mind.

Apparently sniffing someone's butt is socially acceptable behavior in Night City.

Btw I hope it's possible to return to the starting area later and shoot the sheriff...

though based on dialogue you might get a warmer reception with Corpo class but could be just set dressing, gonna experiment.

First things I always do in narrative games is try to see how much choice you really have or just illusion of choice.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @AsiJu
    So how were her textures?

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Ass was detailed, somehow missed the rest... :p

Played a bit further and must say liking the game very much, gunplay is surprisingly good actually.

I'm a sucker for looter shooters so that bit fits.

For once I tried to create a character that looks something like me.
    Ended up looking like a dick, not sure I care for that implication :D

11. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    And I thought I was weird :D
    ;)

fantaskarsef and AsiJu like this.
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd...rior-to-the-release-of-cyberpunk-2077.437423/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ealpha_gameplay_2013_for_cyberpunk_2077_gets/

That's something, videos showing glitches and bugs, developer commentary and the like that's nothing new.
    This though I don't think I've seen or heard anything about a bug compilation being made apparently also close to when the game went gold and now it's gotten leaked and is spreading around.

Not much I can say, hopefully patches can at least improve the situation but yeah.
    [Bleep] this is a bit of a thing isn't it.

13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    The videos aren't anything new, every studio keeps those.
    Although yeah - there's no hiding they were severely aware of games state up to its launch and any claims otherwise on their part are just pissing in peoples ears trying to tell them it's raining.

The 2013 thing is interesting to me solely because it still follows pre-reboot storyline of player being a Max-Tac member trying to solve cyberpsychosis cases in NC.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Does sound more interesting being a "detective" tbh, though i do like the game as is.

15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Do you guys remember this leak from 5 months ago? https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975#7

Many of the things this guy claimed turned out to be true, so it might be that this month we will get something big from cdp. According to the guy the june's patch will reintroduce a lot of the cut content they didn't manage to finish prior release into the game. Finger crossed...

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Patiently waiting for the next update to be good...

But they said it wont be big...DAMN!

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep, people are still levitating and submerging into each other :)
    I guess the latter at least is due to the very loose collision detection between character models, as also the player will pass through NPCs after a slight bump.

I'm pretty sure that's by design though, to avoid getting blocked by NPCs.

Incidentally turned crowd density to Low, don't like having half the screen filled with random NPCs while walking the streets, even if it makes the city feel less alive.
    Got a decent performance boost too.

Still liking the game but having played some more getting a sort of GTA or Watch Dogs / The Division / (new) Deus Ex - hybrid feel from it.
    Not bad but not that original either.

Deus Ex is better as an immersive sim.
    GTA is better as an open world game.
    Scan / hack mechanic seems very similar to Watch Dogs - and Deus Ex still has, by far, the best hacking minigame imo.
    The Division is better as a loot driven game - and as a shooter, 3rd person though.

Story seems interesting but not sure it alone could carry the game. Still very early tho.
    Combat is surprisingly decent for an ARPG but as a first-person shooter Cyberpunk isn't that great. Not that an ARPG needs to be.

In short game is pretty much a sum of its parts, none of which are that original or exceptionally well made, so the sum is neither.
    Like has been said, decent.

I'll probably play this every now and then, think I'll continue my Days Gone playthrough more actively for now.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    They are deceiving us hehe... I'm still confident they'll manage to get things right in the future anyway...

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    + Same here, i believe.

11k players playing today...sure its not dead at all for a single player

JUST GIVE ME A BIG UPDATE.

Turanis likes this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU: