GeForce HotFix 466.55 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, May 25, 2021.

1. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Sorry i mean 465.89 :)

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  2. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Okay. Now just stick with it :p

3. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Moved to 466.47 no prob until now, but 465.89 performance and stability are better ;)

4. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Samsung TU8000 series may say otherwise if on a budget, but if we're talking 4k/120hz, LG's nano 85 series is also a good deal for the money.

When you start to want VRR and HDR as well, yeah the 1000+ ($ or €) displays will be better for it.

5. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Now these drivers are crashing my 8k tv display when some games are launched.
    This is such a joke.

Edit: Rolled back to 466.47 and its no longer crashing on this at least. Hotfix brought in a bug :p

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  6. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    They dont even fix their mistakes in drivers. My 8K TV hasnt worked right in this driver branch. Constantly crashing when games are launched with the 4k side monitor

My 8K Nano95 series cost me £850. Rather spend it on a 55inch TV than on a 4k monitor with gsync

Honestly dont even bother until Nvidia fix the problems with LG TVs. Had this tv since February and its a roll of the dice everytime i launch something. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it crashes the display. Sometimes it crashes the system. This has been reported time and time again and ignored. Problem is nvidia only have 1 QA Bug guy in the community. He must be swamped by bug reports for such a big company

7. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    When it comes to 8k RGB color over HDMI 2.1 at usable refresh rates of 60hz or higher (understand that my definition of usable is subjective), you are dealing with DSC which is new to HDMI and has had some quirks over DisplayPort in the past.

Nvidia's drivers over the past 9 months have been back and forth with support for DSC.

In 4k/120hz land, all is fine using if you are using an LG OLED with G-Sync (HDMI forum VRR).

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    WhiskeyOmega likes this.
  8. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Bah only just thought of that. Colours still look great for 10bit even on YCBR420.
    I never wanted to go OLED.
    They are too dark in a lit up room and I work on photos and such so, it would be susceptible to burn in.
    It makes sense now why things are crashing if DSC is being disabled when new games are launched below 8k
    or emulators and such that cannot run in 8k and run in 1080p crash the display.

You hit the nail on the head there really. Still in awe of 8K though. Especially flight sim. Most games give me 30fps

Mda400 likes this.
  9. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    did you really just bought an 8K one with nvidia? ugh

10. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Can confirm this hotfix messed things up for tv users. Everything was fine on previous driver for 4k/120 now whenever i turn on the tv i might find it switched back to 60 or just a blank screen that requires i toggle game mode off and then back on, then it connects... tv is samsung q82t.

11. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Driver running excellent.
    Adaptive vsync + RTSS plays very smooth with modded GTA 5.
    Previous two 466.47 GRD and 462.59 NSD weren't so smooth with minor stutter at certain camera angles, which using, no vsync would fix.
    But temps and pwr are more acceptable with adaptive vsync + RTSS so I'd prefer to use that combo.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Quit blaming the driver for Windows issues,

The driver has zero say in what resolution/refresh rate/dpi your system uses powering on your tv from an off state, this is all handled by windows.

13. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    TBH i dont know who to blame any more, HDMI 2.1 rollout was a shitstorm for most brands of TV's, cables and whatnot. Bought Sony "4k/120" TV just to return it since it used undisclosed interpolation for that resolution, like for real. Then buy Samsung which gave me the runaround with cables i was using at the time being "not certified" and by the time i could get a certified cable (since they lagged with release) Samsung also published a firmware update and voila even the old cables started working properly. Things also changed ever so slightly with nV driver releases too but mostly with how G-Sync behaved. The least change i felt was with win updates, didnt seem to affect any of my problems. Used 4k/60 tv since 2015. with 0 issues whatsoever.

So, in a sense, youre right. I have no idea what im talking about any more.

14. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I think you need to remind yourself that few users posses - or ever will posses - the knowledge you've amassed, and that a "nicer" approach (something I've seen you do; I'm not implying it's all bad) generally sticks with someone better for future problems.

There will always be people that just don't want to understand or behave bad in general, so if you feel you must, I suggest you just make the one correction and leave it. That's my take on it anyway.

It's of course lazy to not read through a few pages and do a simple search, though the latter tends to prove unfruitful unless you know exactly what to search for. I'm all too familiar with that.

I'm personally interested in hearing about where the real problem lies and why (even better if it's something I can fix myself), if it's not all too technical - one needs to understand what they're reading after all. :)

You do genuinely dish out some eye openers here and there, but sometimes I wish it had a less hostile tone (even if the user you're responding to may have been a pain in the butt), because then I think the knowledge also has a better chance to get passed on to others.
    I've seen how helpful you can be, and I'd like to see more of it, albeit in a calmer fashion.

Just some advice since I often se you up in arms around here; but of course up to you if you take it or leave it.
    Take a step back if you feel too frustrated and come back later, it may help get the point across better.
    I can only hope you take at least some of this to heart.

Not at all looking to start an argument btw, and yes, I realize most of this is pretty off topic, I just felt that this could be even better if maybe other users found something to take away from it as well, instead of just throwing it in a PM.
    I just hope the mods won't throw the book at me for it. ;)

SyntaX and SaiBork like this.
  15. ryek1981brd

ryek1981brd Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    466.55 is not working good for me. Crashing some games. 466.47 crash too but with 466.27 problem is gone. I working on RTX3070 Gigabyte Gaming OC.

16. Eyemaster

Eyemaster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080OC
    This driver is causing Project Cars 3 to freeze up when exiting the game or alt-tabbing out of it. 466.47 works fine. Running a 3080 with Samsung G9 at 240hz.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    more like your gigajunk 3080 OC is rendered unstable with these drivers

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Could be nvcrapia 3xxx series as well :D
    Joking, I couldn't resist

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    from what I gathered so far,I mean just looking at forum threads,Ampere isn't up to the same standard as pascals/turings as far as being hassle free
    it's not unreliable,but it's not trouble free either.

20. Eyemaster

Eyemaster Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080OC
    You're right, the problem is with "these drivers".