Crysis Remastered Trilogy

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, May 21, 2021.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Why don't they fix the original remaster first..... the game still using the same old single threaded code base.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Don't be silly, that would require effort.

Xtreme512, mbk1969, AsiJu and 2 others like this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I preferred the setting more. An abandoned, desolate city is more atmospheric to me.
    The tropical jungle setting never grabbed me.

And, yeah the levels were open ended... but... was still point A to point B.
    Crysis 2 just felt more focused. Combat felt better, level design... story and characters. And the upgrade system with the suit.

Crysis 3 looks great, the bow is awesome. But, story takes a dive. Upgrade system is awful... and it's insanely short.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im gonna talk about the positives of having a remaster:
    1- game was super optimized, i remember i was able to run the game at 30 fps with gt 220 1gb ddr3 and a core2duo 3.0, so cryengine version of the game was very good.
    2-loved the movement and the character animations, in that regard it was the first game to upgrade the character animations into a whole new level.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    How do u want them to fix the remaster when they are not even using the latest cryengine version which is used in snipee ghost warrior contracts, i ranted a lot on that thread of what could have the remaster be if the assets of the cryengine of sniper ghost warrior contracts were used....especially the weapon models and the animations...

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The fact that they used the Xbox 360 code for the Crysis 1 remaster on the PC is all you need to know about Crytek these days.

Based on Crysis 1's programming, it needed a remake, not a remaster with a console version as it's base.

ramthegamer likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    To be fair the console code-base was indeed what was supposed to help with single-threaded problem.
    Also PS3/X360 versions readily used CryEngine 3 as opposed to CryEngine 2, apparently.

Consoles wouldn't have been able to run Crysis without some level of multithreading given low IPC.
    Of course, that just makes it even more baffling why Remaster basically has the same issue on PC as the original.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Old Crytek is dead. That's what you get for treating your core base(PC) as peasants.

H83 likes this.
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what cryengine 3, there s nothing in the xbox 360 game that shows anything related to cryengine 3, cryengine 3 is the engine of crysis 2, it s just a gimmick to tell us that they worked on a different engine
    the animations, the weapon models, everything is cryengine 2 the whole rendering of the assets is cryengine 2,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    look at the difference in a static image, clearly, better quality on the model and hands, u can t see animations unless u check a youtube vid, but the animations are a major difference, how could they say that it s cryengine 3, it isn t not by a bit.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm not interested at all in a remaster of the games from the Crysis franchise, they won't see a single dollar from me.

11. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I thought the animation and physics for the vegetation and destruction was toned way down in the Remaster because of the X360 code base.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If they actually did a proper remaster i dont see why not. Its good and well known franchise.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Idk Wiki page said Cryengine 3 for PS3/X360, maybe you should show those pics to the author.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    CryEngine 3 solved the single-threaded issue of CryEngine 2.

Xtreme512 and Undying like this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It was a huge improvement. Crysis 3 made use of more than 8threads in 2013.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    that s something technical, nothing in the matter of graphics changed for the xbox 360 game, im not talking here about support and how the game should run on a cpu... im talking graphics here

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Now it's a trilogy pack

Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch in fall 2021

Xtreme512 and Undying like this.
  18. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Ugh. As soon as I saw the Saber logo at the start I rolled my eyes. With the botch job of Crysis remastered, it doesn't bode well. IMO the last 2 games don't even need remastering. They're such a leap over the original game in terms of tech.

ramthegamer likes this.
  19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    saber interactive, big eye roll and mehhh