NVIDIA starts teasing GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    With ETH at 2248 Euro in way down... Maybe we can have it at fair price and in volume.
    And if NVidia is greedy we will have 2nd hand 3080 and 3070 at good price... lol

3. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    These will sell out instantly and probably never be stocked again.

4. Serega_Mih

Serega_Mih Member

GPU:
    GainwardGTX1660S
    gamers :D

Solfaur likes this.

5. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    This is like being at sea on a life raft with no water to drink and company who provides still water currently , but not to you, say they can soon supply sparkling water....

But not to you.

It leaves a sour bitter taste in my very dry mouth .

:mad:

They are starting to take the piss. Which is probably what I will be drinking on my life raft at some point.

carnivore, GeniusPr0 and Legacy-ZA like this.
  6. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Still doubt there will be any stock and honestly this late in the cycle I many gamers would rather just wait for the next gen maybe then we will see an actual price to performance increase as well.

7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I've said it before, but I feel like the next gen won't be coming as quickly as it would under normal cicumstances. With most of the new GPUs in mider hands, the current gen would still be fresh for the vast majority of gamers. If the prices returned to more sensible levels (and there actually was supply), the current gen would still sell like hot cakes. Like always, the only incentive for AMD or Nvidia to hurry up would be the fear of the other one doing something much earlier. I don't think they need to worry about Intel for the time being, at least not in the gaming (or mining, har har) market. However, since both Nvidia and AMD ended up with little better than a paper launch in practice with stocks running dry immediately, they both might feel like filling warehouses first for the next launch.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

TheDeeGee and Dragam1337 like this.
  9. Godeau

Godeau Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GP
    Teasing new graphics card to the gamers, or mocking the gamers? :D

10. iicycube

iicycube Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080TI OC
    They still human will buy for 5000~7000 euro dollar for them.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wake me up in alternate universe where 3070ti 16gb and 3080ti 20gb ware announced instead.

12. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    what would you complain about in that case then ?

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Pricing ofcouse. ;)

mackintosh and cucaulay malkin like this.
  14. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yeah
    vram aside,
    this gen is already dead to me.
    but from the perspective of 3440x1440/4K gamer,you'll find higher memory bandwidth and dlss 2.0 more useful running such a display than extra 8g vram.

that said,i'm excited for chiplet rdna3,I heard people say in a year's time.that's not that far away.it's been 10 months already since I ordered a 3080.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Same. GPUs are in desperate need of a chiplet design to make production more affordable. And if they can be vertically stacked, that could be revolutionary. Sure, that could have a dramatic impact on thermals, but I'm pretty sure lowering clock speeds for otherwise double the transistor count would make a tremendous improvement.

Maddness likes this.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Fact.

The 3070 Ti is gonna be cheaper the first 3 minutes of launch than a 3060 Non-Ti.

17. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
  18. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    I wish Nvidia shared numbers of how many cards they've made. Is that information available? I don't think there's a number that could ever satisfy miner's demand anyway considering they fill entire warehouses with GPUs. They borrow on their home equity and they sell their own children for GPU money. Demonizing them feels good. You should try it!

Solfaur likes this.
  19. Loster

Loster Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It may sound crazy, but I am actually happy for the lack of new hardware availability. Let me explain. During the last 9 months my interest and focus for new graphics cards and cpus did fade away. Bacause I was sick and tired of being hyped for next gen, just to be disapointed that at the very first second they were all sold out immediately. 10 Months ago i gave my 2080ti away with the attention to buy a 3080, and we all know how that went. Anyway.... if you look at the most new game releases, which are not really looking next gen and are pretty unoptimized, well typical console ports. The next gen which looks promising may be the unreal 5 engine. But the stunning 25-35 frames per second with an RTX 3090 or an RX 6900 XT in 2160p resolution is not very promising. I am still following the hardware news etc. but the hype does not hit me that hard anymore. Why am I happy you may ask ? Well after not being able to get new hardware and being forced to use the old gen for longer made me realize that there is no need to always have the latest to play new games, now my hardware focus went from... buying the latest hardware and spending my hard earned money on it... to save some money for maybe later when really needed and reasonable. And my mind cleared up too, i was like trapped within the gaming industry. So thank you miners for freeing me up. :)

icedman likes this.
  20. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Well you won't be getting my Asus Rog Strix 3080 OC LOL! And most of those who have been able to buy 3080's & 3070's might not want the aggro or circs connected with their GPU purchases. My gaming system was 7 years old (including two 780's) and it suited me to buy a new one therefore. I plan to upgrade my 3080 in 4 years, not before.