NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for First Quarter Fiscal 2022

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    That's why I do not care for PC anymore. Look at these numbers during pandemic.

They make money from mining. They have us like nothing. Wannabe gamers paying for a rig as much as a cheap car..

I feel proud that I am a mere computer scientist and not a victim of specs. I also feel like hero that I do not lick my bosses arse or boots to give me a super rig with enthusiast specs to brag about. Pathetic.

Solfaur likes this.
  3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    You mean luxury 2nd hand car... you can have Porsche, Jaguar, Maserati for the price of a gaming PC right now...

BUT despite this result there is 3 point:
    - not so much people buy those PC (instead of PC the 2 biggest group best sale are light saber Solari for one, and electric bike for the second as an exemple and it will last until september from their com)
    - some important NVidia parts owner started to worry about this as crypto currency bubble popped, VISA group start thinking about another crypto instead of ETH and ETH 2... mean a stall or step back in future.
    - Bad company image in the pro GPU due to shortage (not acceptable for a pro...). AMD saved stock for pro (but it's clearly not so good... but aviable).

itpro likes this.
  4. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    Imagine how many spatulas there are going to be in his kitchen for the 40xx series release.

Some of them will be be made out solid gold.

Mined the old fashioned way ................................................

5. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    And bad news for LHR? (i am just hoping it is not LHR 3060rtx)...
    Sick and tired of this mining bullshit! Can't they mine on hair dryers, phones or something else?! They are still selling 1030gtx for 180euro here, 1660s for 595! I just saw a 120+ GPUs house mining farm video. This rich guy farms on 120+ gpus from AAA BBB CCC Companies. A 1 person, 120 gpus. People are still at Queues for some of those cards, some people Preorders cancelled who wanted to buy those cards. Yet 1 person got all those GPUs alone! on his awesome house, farming for FUN.

"reported record revenue" with awesome gaming GPUs.
    Look how proud they are also with Geforce NOW cloud gaming... This is where most people will end up in the near future with all these awesome prices. Already 10M+ subcribers.. Both amd and nvidia wont do crap about this, prices will not go back to previous msrp range. Never!

Kaarme, CrazY_Milojko and Solfaur like this.
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Don´t forget to say thanks to miners Nvidia!!!

Also they should consider selling the cards without the RT and Tensor cores, it´s no like miners are going to use them anyway...

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Really hope Intel become a major GPU player in next year or two so it will no longer be an Nvidia-AMD duopoly.

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Yeah, I've seen messages suggesting miners aren't happy with the card supply from Nvidia and AMD, so they are expecting Intel to help with the situation.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

clean profit of 2 Billion USD in a single quarter, and you're still yammering about "bad company image" ?

then again aren't you the guy who in otherwise hugely successful Nvidia managed to pick a single loser segment which can't even pay for its own expenses (automotive), and called it "very profitable and futureproof"
    in RPG terms that's like sneaking into a dragon's treasure room and pinching dirty socks of a dead dwarf LOL :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    You are from old world (or from usa wich is almost the same)...
    World change... And you look just in front of you while other look forward

New exemple to add to what bad image can do: Amazon fail in Australia and Sueden (both are not rentable at all)

Exemple of what good image do: LIDL ex hard discounter that take huge part of traditional market just by spending more money with local producer
    2nd exemple Tesla that sell car in positive % when the market is going down because electric have a good image.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    2 BILLION USD!

amount of money that 2 years ago used to be their entire REVENUE , it's PROFIT now

scrw image

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    That % increase in net income is truly mind blowing. Keep in mind, even though the RTX 2000 series was underwhelming, Nvidia was still very successful. So for them to get a 103% increase over an already good year really puts their success into perspective.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    what about ARM acquisition?

A very simplistic outlook:
    USA will give pass because its good for the economy. EU also because free trade spirit. UK will have to go along or else. But China will be harder to please.
    Yes they can go ahead w/o China or EU for that matter, but it would be far from ideal to say the least.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No reason to not fully cripple 4000 series hashrate then.

They made enough money to give back to gamers...

15. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    "They made enough money...." and this is where u wrong.
    Man, this situation will NOT change until the bull market is OVER, Im in crypto TRADING and this is expected to happen around end of this year or begining of the next year. +/- few months (Nobody knows apparently)

Than we wait at least a year for a prices to come down a bit. So realistically, my GTX 970 will have to endure another 2 years +/-
    I already reduced the power limit to 75%. It just has to hold. If it dies, I swear to god I take it as a sign to end gaming for good. Will buy the cheapest card so I can view trading charts and thats it. Done.