Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Seems like you need to read up on the changes. The biggest changes are to the gameplay in ME1, and much needed changes.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Also updated NPC models in ME1 are much better. No texture or AA can do that.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Very true, but not just that, environment is updated quite a bit - everything from textures, vegetation, water, to most importantly lighting.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Mass Effect 1 update is mostly nice but, good lord, those human character eyes still look really unnatural and distracting compared with the later games. I actually think that the improved textures and lighting actually make the issues with the eyes look worse. Strangely, the non-NPC alien eyes all still look great, even the human-looking ones like the asari so I'm not sure what went wrong with the actual human ones.

Otherwise, I am really enjoying replaying the first game so far (about 12 hours in). Eyes aside, the only other gripe I have is the sub-missions where you land on a planet in the Mako and explore cut and paste installations. Sure, the objects inside are placed differently but surely this could have been changed for the Legendary Edition to add some variation to the internal layouts? It does make playing these missions a little tedious in all honesty. The story, writing and characters are still great and while the combat is a little clunky with dodgy A.I. and a hit-and-miss auto-cover system, it nevetheless remains a lot of fun to play, although Mass Effect 2 remains the best game in the trilogy in my opinion.

BlindBison, darrenj and cerebus23 like this.

5. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    How would I know unless I ask and you answer the question like a normal human being and not an asshole?

drandiiski likes this.
  6. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Damn - that's awesome, thanks man just want to run it on a 3070 max q...

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You write the question on a pc forum, and i doubt anyone bothered buying it for both pc and console. Perhaps there are some youtubers that has made a comparison vid... But pc is just always better, simple as that.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Stop fighting. I handed out the first infractions here.

10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Well yeah
    Seeing I played all three games back in the day as pirated versions, I'm just happy to be here. Everything seems to be okay, 'cept dem eyes!
    I think I have ME2 as a freebie deep into the annals of a second Origin account with a lost password.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/update-5-17

Almost 9 GB !

Btw, I met a glitch in minor side quest "Scan the keepers" - it triggered successfully finished on 19th keeper instead of 20th. I checked the journal to see how many keepers I scanned - it was 17/20 - and it was finished after two scans. I always scan last keeper near the Normandy (when Anderson steps aside), but this time I have not reach it yet.

Upd:
    Looks like they improved eyes on human NPCs.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Nice little patch this, been busy at work last few days but off tomorrow and will be getting my covid jab in the morning and if it doesn't kill me, I'm all over this tomorrow!

Redemption80 likes this.
  14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
  15. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Could you see a scenario where I am not fighting? This member of yours has a known history of being divisive, patronizing, incendiary. Hilbert if you want to be blind to the fact you are enabling your own Trolls in a community you've built don't grow thin skin on me and turn face and dish your "infractions" quoting the ever "thin" and subjective forum rules. Ever they so casually enforced by the way, if there were a time to paint yourself inconstant it's there. I'm not an avatar I'm on here as my actual identity. It's been that way since day one, I'm pretty laid back and post casually & for me to notice something off or make a claim to someone's behavior is a bit out of character. "Why is Kevin saying that - hmm maybe there's a point that might be more worth looking." Or you can pounce on everything like a 16th-century puritan freaking out over the "7 deadly words you can't say on Guru3d." - George Carlin reference those of you who didn't get it.

Seriously feels like children of the corn here for a moment

Last edited: May 21, 2021

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If someone is really annoying you just click on the individuals username and then click "Ignore", their comments will then not show.

Keno34 and Kevin Mauro like this.
  17. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    :) Thanks man. This is true all true. I will be using it then thank you, I have nothing else to say or add it was all pretty much the glaring obvious

EDIT: Holy cow what an awesome feature

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Gotta say that the ME1 remaster is everything i hoped it would be - gameplay updates are exactly what was needed, and the game looks really good at times.

[​IMG]

XenthorX and Passus like this.
  19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    XenthorX likes this.