Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, May 6, 2021.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    When I had stutters in BOCW I reduced the vram in the config file to .55, the in game default minimum is 70 but I think if you change it in the file to between .65 and .50 it might help. Although I can keep at 70 now. This file does sometimes get overwritten and the setting gets changed back to the in game one.

//Fraction of video memory usage to target
    video_memory = "0.7" // 0.5 to 1

2. mrberthier

mrberthier Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor RX6700XT
    There is a well known bug with AMD and Warzone...

Go to Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
    Back up adv_options.ini.
    Open adv_options.ini and set VideoMemoryScale = 0.55

It should fix the bizarre stutters

jimpsar likes this.
  3. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    OnnA and Passus like this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    How can i check those?

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Is your cpu having to work harder with the amd card now?

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The only way to minimizw the stutters ia
    i don t know, i need something like msi afterburner to monitor, because this one affects the performance if installed

7. Tadeo

Tadeo Member

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 16GB
    [​IMG] Since this driver got twice that BSOD :O

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    nothing is working to fix that random stutter with the rx 580, it s less but still there, and happens randomly

9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Zero issues here with latest Windows Insider 21382. Auto HDR and all gimmicks are working as intended, gaming is quite smooth without need for freesync premium pro.

DanielRX likes this.
  10. deater

deater New Member

GPU:
    580 8 gb
    First driver for me that works without Probs on rx 580, stable oc, no stutters but im tweaking as good as possible, low latency etc.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    maybe u can give me a tip to eliminate that awful stutter i get in cod warzone, thx

12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Stop playing unknown bad coded freebies maybe?

Passus likes this.
  13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    So no fix for warzone?

14. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Guys, I think I've solved my Battlefield 1 CPU/GPU spike issues finally:

1) I now run the Driver-only install, use the newest Afterburner Beta for tweaking my undervolt on different P-states (thank god Afterburner added that feature recently, I had problems with Wattman not applying my custom settings) and only have to sacrifice the HBCC, Anti-Lag and ESync to get rid of the AMD bloatware.

2) I've found a hidden option in my BIOS which doesn't seem to be enabled by default, at least on my Haswell-EP: Hardware Power Management (HWPM). This is an optional processor power management feature in the hardware that frees the OS from making decisions about processor frequency. HWPM allows the platform to provide information on all available constraints, allowing the hardware to choose the optimal operating point. Operating independently, the hardware uses information that is not available to software and is able to make a more optimized decision in regard to the p-states and c-states. And yes, this works even with the Turbo-Boost-Unlock which I modified the BIOS with, and I've verified in Windows and Linux that it works stable. Albeit idle power consumption is about the same as with using the software-controlled version, you might notice some latency improvements in using the HWPM setting. When using the HWPM with Haswell-EP and the Turbo-Boost-Mod, I'd advise everyone to set the OS-controlled C-State settings to C0/C1 for stability. While Windows seems to be stable regardless while using the HWPM's native mode with C6 advertised to the OS, I've seen freezes under Linux which could be due to conflicts of the software-controlled settings with the autonomous settings or some other issues with the injected Turbo Boost EFI-driver. While using native mode and C6, I get an average power use of 76 Watt in Battlefield 1 while gaming and great performance. With OOB mode of the HWPM and C6 enabled (which seems to be overridden by the OS due to firmware issues according to the Windows logs), average power usage went down to 56 Watt but showed significantly worse CPU frame times. Also I had some stability issues in this configuration under Windows gaming, but that might also be due to an aggressive undervolt (-80/-70-/70).

3) I updated almost all game-provided DLLs in the root and the Core directory with newer versions from AMD AGS, Origin, Battlefield 5 or a higher but compatible Qt Toolkit version. Et voila, it now runs just as smooth with my tweaked user.cfg (to use 11 CPU threads, Async compute etc.) as I expected it to from the beginning (with DX 12). There are still some occasional stutters at the beginning of a new level when playing it for the first time, but once all shaders were compiled, it runs now far better even on 64 player maps with heavy on-screen action or near buildings at 144 FPS.

P.S: My Windows was already trimmed down and optimized to the max before, hence either one of these three points or all three together might have made the difference.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  15. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    For #1, try this to remove the bloat while keeping what limited functionality you want from Radeon Software.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/radeon-software-slimmer.433119/

AsiJu likes this.

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
  17. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Install Radeon software 21.2.3 driver which was the last driver that doesn't have random stutter and framerate drops, AMD Radeon software driver 21.3.1 to 21.5.1 (as in 5/17/21) has random stuttering with framerate drops.

Did three test, one without latest windows update (pause) with 21.2.3 and 21.5.1, two with windows update install with 21.2.3 and 21.5.1 and three with Windows 10 21H2 build with 21.2.3 and 21.5.1. (Note: test was done with a AMD Radeon 6900 XT Reference card with 1000w Seasonic gold PSU)

All three test show driver driver 21.2.3 did not show any stuttering/framerate drops while 21.5.1 show random stuttering/framerate drops in all three test, so it's a AMD driver issue not Microsoft.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    thanks a lot mate, fixed that stutter indeed, game runs very nicely now without stutter, woufff, that was a relief

DannyD likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats strange. Hopefully amd work on the issue with future drivers.

ramthegamer likes this.
  20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Glad you got it fixed mate

ramthegamer likes this.