AMD Radeon RX 6600 and RX 6600 XT Start listing at EEC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 11, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    imo this is gonna be 256-bit but no infinity cache
    may be interesting

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I think it will be dependent on what is cheaper to produce 128bit + infinity or 256bit no infinity , with the tsmc production lines being tapped out and most likely no inf cache will produce smaller chips it is a possibility your guess to be right.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    8gb needs to be standard even in these range of cards.

olymind1 likes this.

5. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Imo they will have to got with 128bit or 192bit and 6gb which I see as more likely for this class of card.

6. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Aaaaaaaand they're all gone...available at a convenient re-selling website for 2x the MSRP.

7. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    I found it interesting that the makers keep releasing new models and versions so quickly when they cannot relatively make that many and no one can buy them. But someone on this forum nailed it and I think its the same for every release. They are discontinuing old SKUs and creating new ones often times so the MSRP can be bumped. Remember that article on the one where they even wiped out everyone's backorders?

Yeah, so every time they release a new version/model to great fanfare they are just raising the prices for the most part.

Silva likes this.
  8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, but, in here there's hardly any fanfare as most people here aren't that interested in these kind of cards. Even less so as soon as 128bit bus was announced. That's not to say they're not being scalped already.

Imho, unless crypto crashes this year, then, the current situation is going to be the new normal for every product launch.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Well that's the thing - crypto isn't going to last forever, at least as long as people stop making new currencies to mine (ugh...). But also, more fabs are being built, which will increase yield and therefore narrow the gap between S&D.
    Seems to me that prices are pretty normal outside of the enthusiast and console markets, so although the chip manufacturers are trying to maximize profit from the shortages, it's still possible to get something for a reasonable price, so long as you're not building it yourself.

Stormyandcold likes this.
  10. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    6700xt sells for 1300-1480$ here. I don't wanna know this low end GPUs price... Can you believe that, there are still shortages on Vrams, and i heard TMSC has low on water sources too... What a fkn world.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Navi 22 XT sounds pretty cool.... not that I will ever have a chance of purchasing one.

Silva likes this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You will have the chance at tripple the msrp. :p

Silva likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    As I was saying, I will not have a chance at purchasing one, since 2006 I have only purchased medium range video cards that are under $300, currently even low end video cards are more than $300 where I live, and the cherry on top funnily enough is that there are literally no low end video cards available, they are all sold out with no eta on restock..

There are no medium range video cards in the price bracket of under $300, medium range video card price bracket has been pushed up to $800 to $1000, so basically AMD and Nvidia don't have medium range video cards, only low end video cards being sold at over medium range video card prices, medium range video cards being sold at high end prices, and high end video cards being sold for the price of a old second hand car.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  14. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    Not to mention when they release a new line of graphics cards, even in the same category there is an increased price tag attacted to them. Look at 5700XT ->6700XT. They just release new faster cards at higher prices (they are doing the same thing with their CPUs). No wonder lower tiered cards don't/barely get performance uplifts. It's like they stucked at GCN4/Polaris level of performance and pricing since 2016 for midrange.

Maybe i'm greedy but i would like to a buy a graphics card with 8 GB vram at 5600XT - 5700 level performance for 250€.

15. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    you all seem to be complaining about inflation without realizing it, cryptocrap notwithstanding

yes the rtx4080 will cost more, and so will the 5080, thats how it is for those who can pass on the problem(money debasing) to us little ants that cheer when getting a 2% anual salary increase as if that could put a dent on "rising" prices

CEOs and the like have a clear understanding of this, thats why their pay is constantly heading for mars and beyond

Silva likes this.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I was considering purchasing an RX 580 Red Dragon Edition 8GB that I had been keeping an eye on for a few months, it was just under 300 dollars last I looked at it... $280 something I think was the last I saw it listed at, when I actually went to purchase it along with my cpu + motherboard + memory upgrade at the start of this year it's price had been increase to $749.

inflation.... ha.. no

Silva likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You should have gotten that 580 8gb while they ware 200-250$ at the time. It would be a much better pair with your 3600.

Venix and KissSh0t like this.
  18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    About 2 years ago i recommended to a friend an rx 570 8gb it was 127 euros new from a store and he is not a big gamer he plays pretty much just league of legend and he literally called me and ask these price /performance card he can get where i went and looked and except if i missed some offer or something the price was insanely good. So if a 570 could be found i bet you could find a 580 on the 150-160 euros mark easy over that would have made 0 sense at the time the cards are rather close to each other in perfomance.

Undying likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That RX 570 8GB card should be now priced at about 410 euro... as of me writing this now today, which is ridiculous.

Venix likes this.
  20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Yeah it is insane none should ever buy a 570 for 410 .... EVER hell even if it was first day of release that would have been 2xmsrp ...... Hell i bet i can sell an s3 virge for 50 bucks !
    And a riva tnt2 100 euros ...anyone interested ? :p