Metro Exodus’Gets Faster with a NVIDIA DLSS Update

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 6, 2021.

1. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Honestly it's silly having a performance mode as it's hilairously bad looking however I guess it could be used in next gen sports games to squeeze out another 100 FPS or something. Quality mode on the other hand is crazy useful.

Cyberpunk was the first game that made me a DLSS believer

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's a feature that will allow gpus go a full console generation without upgrading,and an absolute must have.

Dribble likes this.
  3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    If more and more games implement it ...then yeah i can see that ! But is not even that . In my eyes goes like that on a1440 p monitor you hit say 45fps , to hit 60 you might have to drop your resolution to 1080p .... But if you can fire up dlss and hit 60 it seems by far the best solution.

Ps. It is an example cause if i dial in settings and comparisons and talk about difference on x and y settings ultra vs high etc etc 10 pages will not be enough and we will not all agree :p

4. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's all that matters to me
    atm a 2070 is plenty to run 1440p
    in 2-3 years time - you'll have to upgrade,or just switch dlss on and boom,back to playable fps.
    it's pretty ridiculous when you think about it,just need developers to use it.

Venix likes this.

5. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    This got me

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Runs great for me on my 2070S at 3440x1440, runs much better than the original, had to run that on Ultra, with the shaders on 0.8, but this, im running at Extreme, Reflections on Raytraced, RT on Ultra, and everything else on (so maxed), with the DLSS on quality, and its absolutely flying :cool:

Maddness likes this.
  7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    that was my plan for the 3060ti i was planning to get ....no card ever came to my country bellow 600 euros(900++ atm ) ....soooooo i am going to wait either for prices to come back to Shane levels and if it goes for too long possibly i will get a 4060 or so .... But man i have to bump and mix details a lot for my poor 1060 6gb to hit the magic 60 fps number on 1440p :p

8. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    me too,3060ti is great value
    It was available for a little more than msrp after launch for some time,but I thought it was gonna get better.Now it's double that price.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    For me it's buggy AF. Whenever the game boots, the resolution is wrong, even if it seems to be "correct" in the game. Using DLSS is bugged with HDR, as it creates trails, and also every couple of game boots or so, the internal resolution of DLSS will be clearly broken (despite the values being correct in game), and I will need to either cycle the resolutions or the DLSS settings (or both), to have it behave properly.

There are also audio drop outs.

It's such a shame, this is the second game I was waiting to play with a proper monster of a machine the last year that is a buggy mess.

10. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Can someone please explain if possible?

I just saw PS5 Metro Exodus Enhanced Full Raytracing 4k 60 fps video

PS5's GPU is that powerfull like 3080 etc? This is so confusing for me.

11. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Using Ryzen 5900X with PBO enabled (up to 4.95Ghz). Doesn't seem to be CPU related.
    I guess I'll wait for some patches before playing.
    Other reviewers found performance more in line with what I get (59fps AVG at the same settings with RTX 3060Ti) which means Nvidia still lies in those graphs.

Last edited: May 15, 2021