3070 in stock uk

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DannyD, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Aegis

Aegis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim X
    I bought my 3070 Suprim X from that retailer two months ago and I (over) paid £900 for it - a few days ago they had more Suprims which they were selling for £1,300 and they all sold - never thought I'd feel 'lucky' for 'only' paying near double MSRP...

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Here is an RTX 3070, used:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143960119802?epid=23041893054&hash=item2184b119fa:g:X7cAAOSwEaxgN~VP

OUCH!, dude is looking for a true sucker to come around.

basically like 3 times the price, best of all, lol, its used.

Here's a new Gigabyte one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164822426290?epid=7042462810&hash=item26602ea2b2:g:5F8AAOSwyRVghSjb

And save best for last(LOL), Take a gander on this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224443705599?epid=15041887013&hash=item3441e328ff:g:GNQAAOSwWZFgive0

EDIT:

The one with the lot of 100, he JACKED up the price, SMH.

I mean what's the point of people doing this anyways, like anyone is going to buy it at that price, Lot of 100 too, Holy Smokes!

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    insp1re2600 likes this.
  3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    could have had 3 ps5's

Aegis likes this.
  4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    At that price might as well pay extra 100 an get prebuilt with full system.

insp1re2600 likes this.

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    This morning around 10AM on stock of B2B partner/importer company here in Serbia I've spoted 10pcs of Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT, price for me as a partner just to get one: 987€ + VAT 20% = 1184€ just to get it and mind you this is not a retail price, complete madness!!! OK, I always get -2% for advanced payment but it doesn't make a difference on such a scalped price. I'm sure they also are importing these way higher even than than MSRP but I'm also sure they are scalping these with price difference between import price and B2B for at least 20%. maybe even more.

Just checking stock on their B2B and total of 6 cards are left atm, so someone still buys these even with with these scalped prices. Just... can't believe this is happening and there are people here in Serbia willing to burn that much cash for a card that's not the high end one. Miners aren't buying these RX 6700 XT because of mining, are they?

Airbud likes this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    At some level I can, kind of, understand the shops that slowly reacted to the scalper activity by raising their own prices. Not the likes of Amazon who are the worst scalpers themselves, but more local brick and mortar types. In the end, the owners of such shops would watch a scalper buy video a card from them for, let's say, 550 euros. Then the scalper would sell it for 800 euros. That's far more profit than the shopkeeper themselves ever made! Not to mention the shopkeeper needs to pay taxes. I doubt the scalpers care about such responsibilities even if their shady business was large enough to require it.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  7. Aegis

Aegis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim X
    One of the UK retailers (Overclockers) has described it like this: firstly, the MSRPs quoted by AMD and nvidia were never realistic to begin with and even without Covid/Miners/Scalpers the cards by MSI, Asus etc. were always going to be more expensive.

Next, the distributors are having to pay extortionate amounts for shipping containers right now as prioritizing shipments of things like PPE, sanitizers and medical equipment have caused backlogs and bottlenecks for everything else that gets exported out of china - these costs have been passed on to the retailers.

So even at these scalper-like prices, the retailers aren't making as much profit as you might think at the moment (and are likely making the least profit of anyone in the chain). Overclockers has been making a loss on pre-orders stretching back to late 2020 as they're committed to fulfilling the pre-orders but with such limited stock coming in it's taking forever and the cost of the cards from the distributors is continuing to rise.

That doesn't mean that retailers aren't making a profit (they are businesses after all) - but the profits likely aren't as much as those obscene prices suggest.

*Edit* Here's a good quote:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    HandR likes this.
  8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Well, I wouldn't think so in the first place since I do know maybe 75% of the cards never leave China, as they are shipped straight to the professional miners. If some random store normally sold 2000 cards in a season, but now can only sell 200 because that's all they can get, the cards being up to twice as expensive as normal wouldn't still help the shop tremendously.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    3070s go for 1300 Euros here in the Netherlands as well.

The 3060 and 3060 Ti go between 800 and 1000.

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Ive used Box a couple of times over the last couple of years and they usually have good discount on.....but this is mindboggling.

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Within a week of receiving my Msi 3070 gaming Xtrio preorder from scan.co.uk(£539) last December i sold my 2080 for £535 which i had paid £625 for over a year before, definitely a worthy upgrade now but i fear a future upgrade on the gpu wont be so nice.

12. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Ive not seen many gaming gpu`s sold by Box so this is not a case of trying to recoup a loss.

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    You can't say that. Components never leaving China won't help retailers in the rest of the world. Shops would have expected they could sell plenty of card from the new generation, thus generating them the income they need to keep going. Instead they are receiving very little to sell. Furthermore, we do know from earlier news that the AIBs have raised their own prices. Component manufacturers, like TSMC, have raised their prices. Shipping has become more expensive (that one goliath ship stuck in the Suez Canal didn't help things in Europe, either). All in all the stores aren't making as much profit as they would have expected from that particular product category. Raising prices helps a little bit. Selling PC components hasn't been a goldmine business anymore for a couple of decades. In the 80's and early 90's random dudes established computer shops and relatively soon would be driving a Porsche or living in a luxury house, but in the late 90's that was already changing. When the century changed, things had changed totally, partially thanks to the Internet, and it was a cut-throat business where the small entities, and some not so small as well, got weeded out.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  14. Aegis

Aegis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim X
    Just for context, Overclockers stated that their *usual* markup (when supply is good) is 5-10% - during the current shortage they've doubled that *but* when they sell a product and re-order, often that product has increased in cost from the distributors so they're not actually making any additional profit, just staying on top of the increasing costs enough to be able to continue to sell what little product is coming through.

15. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I've been in this hobby for quite awhile and this is the worst I've ever seen it. There were price hikes in the late 90s during the EDO ram drought but that all changed when SDRAM was introduced. As many of you have stated this is pure greed and madness. If consumers keep supporting scalpers, unfortunately this negative trend will not end.

AsiJu likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    And scalpers or not, when manufacturers and retailers see that people are willing to pay inflated prices, for sure the prices will remain inflated.

Having said that I too caved in ultimately and grabbed a RX6000 series card (from a retailer) for a price I'd rather not say in public.
    To justify it somewhat, I did it because shortages don't seem to end anytime soon and - like said - who knows when the prices will normalize, if ever.

Too bad really as both NV and AMD seemed to somewhat rationalize pricing with their initial MSRPs for this gen but I'm pretty sure we can kiss those prices good bye for good.

I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect next generation from both to go something like entry level 500+, high end 1000+, flagship 1500+ (USD or EUR).
    Intel will very unlikely buckle this trend and it remains to be seen whether they really even have a competitive product.

Again though, hope I'm wrong because if Intel starts taking market share with more reasonable price/performance ratio, then NV and AMD will surely react.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    TheDigitalJedi and jura11 like this.
  17. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    That first one is one a smart seller, condition is used "used for a few days" then describes it as Brand New Sealed Box.

18. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Completely understandable. It is outrageous that this has become a reality. Price hikes of the past eventually came down but we're up against a totally different set of circumstances in 2021. Call me optimistic. I'm going to hope that the industry show some level of loyalty to us by coming up with a plan to combat this journey of greed.

For high requested items like consoles and graphics cards I truly can't see why retailers are unable to limit 1 per customer. Some weeks it could be instore purchases only with 1 item per customer. The product is going to sell out regardless. This would give loyal consumers a better chance at purchasing new tech.

It's upsetting to hear Sony, Microsoft, AMD and NVIDIA boast about how successful their products are selling. To whom? Not the loyal gamer. I know TONS of local gamers and hardly any of them have a Series X or PS5. Many can't afford to buy/build a nice PC and some don't want to spend that much to play games.

I'm part of a gaming group that consist of 112 active players. 3 of us have the PS5. 2 have the Series S. 2 have the Series X.

AsiJu likes this.
  19. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    least dick turpin had decency to wear a mask when he robbed you.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    While I suppose the "our products selling well" could mean every one produced is basically already sold (due to poor supply worth noting), it does raise some questions given many if not most are still waiting for their graphics card or console.
    Though all parties do claim demand is higher than ever but don't think they ever clarified in reference to what. Higher than ever compared to supply? Sure.

Also I still don't understand both NV and AMD trying to refer to this issue as a "demand problem".
    There's no such thing, you can't meed demand, you have a supply problem. Or you are trying to circumvent the actual problem.

Because if you really start talking about a demand problem, that means you have a problem with people wanting to buy your product.
    After which you can be pretty sure that problem will self-correct very quickly :)

TheDigitalJedi likes this.