Review: Resident Evil Village: PC graphics performance benchmarks analysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 5, 2021.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I would rather play a third person resident evil game like recently remastered RE3 but for someone who liked the RE7 this is not that bad, would not call it garbage.

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Ref. And nice temps and clocks. Amd did good job on reference this time. 3080 is only trade my 6800 for right now. Best card i had. Zero problems with drivers. Also amd find wine... More games come better performance. Just look today's test... Valhalla and few others. There is alot of potential in bignavi :)

Undying likes this.
  3. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    This and the previous in the series are getting great reviews?

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Yeah, I have no idea what the reviewers are doing. I played 7 and I got bored to death. Played the demo of this one and it's a bit crap.

Some reviewers do point out that it's not a good game, but it seems only small reviewers do that. For example this one, which is pretty much 100% spot-on with my own impressions:

The "big" reviewers seem to be either shilling, or just say what people want to hear. As always :-/

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They did want to tone down the horror aspect a bit which came up in the puppet show and also a later interview on how RE7 was perceived as too scary which I definitively wouldn't agree with but I don't know what would fit best and the setting and how it seemed to be presented seemed closer to RE4 but they're all mostly action games with horror elements not primarily horror games.

Resident Evil 4 was also a really good game even if that earlier PC port of it was anything but good. :p

Swearing southern swamp family and their basement of moldy bread monsters was always going to be a bit goofy but RE7 made some attempts at horror too over the two prior installments and some of the spin-offs at least. :)
    Now to read the actual benchmark and see what's going on there, maybe also see if NVIDIA or AMD will drop newer drivers today or tomorrow for Metro Exodus's new little ray-trace updated version and Resident Evil 8 with extra tall lady and puppetry.

Curious to see what else is going to happen to the franchise, animations I guess and maybe more spin-offs?

6. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    don't care for "fine wine", it's a bs slogan.you'll find as many games where nvidia improves over time and plenty of those where amd does not.plus,tbh,dlss just kills any "fine wine" improvements a thousand fold
    I like the looks and it's the fastest card atm that doesn't scare me with horrendous power draw.
    what oc clocks are you hitting game stable ?

I heard the drivers are better.Or to put it another way - I haven't heard it's bad like 5700.
    And tbh I think nv drivers are getting more issues these days.
    but I've a dual high refresh monitors so there's that.I don't think they're ever fixing it on amd cards.

7. beedoo

beedoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6900XT Liquid Devil
    It looks interesting, although I haven't played any of the Resident Evil games since the very first one in 1996. Play time sounds quite short...

I've been playing Control, Witcher 3 and Elite Dangerous recently, but I'm wondering what all the fuss is about with Control. I see many rave reviews, but it's all very 'samey' - apart from almost infinite debris... Glad I only paid ~AU$20 for it.

I'm really struggling to find something that takes me to the next level of gaming engagement and it feels as though this mentality has kind of broken gaming for me in some respects.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have not played RE since 3 well know Code Veronica That is when I stop cause they deiced to change it to more emphasis on guns where prior games Guns were use a last resort, not sure if that change again though.

I saw the video for and Digital foundry videos for. IT look nice but also still looks like something I play for hour then be like no and delete it

As for Control I think it over rated, rave reviews but to me it nothing more then Max payne game with diffrent skin and diffrent and more scfi ish plot.

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    And too think I got bashed for saying 8GB cards were a waste above anything 5700xt/RTX 2060.

Undying likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What else can you ask for? Its not overated and pretty good game with owesome gunplay, amazing graphics and remedy storytelling.

cucaulay malkin likes this.

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    how is this max payne ?
    please,explain.
    what makes you think of max payne when you're playing control ?

12. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Oh. I saw only small reviewers take on it. But then, I figure that this type of game being exactly what I like makes it that I watch reviewers with similar taste :p

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    How they talk specially the hotline calls the gritty Neo-Noir talking they even went for same look and feel only diffrence is theme is more based in Sci fi then Gangs and myths. they graphic style is even similar. but that just my opinion control is nothing special it does remind me of Max Panye game though.

Look feels and sound like Max payne game to me, even though it is not

14. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Yes sir! Oh how we tell people, how they never listen, always arguing, *sigh*

15. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Except the numbers arent right for the 3070. Mine were right in line with the graph, with 43 being more of a low. Average FPS was much higher. This is at 4K ultra.

16. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Excellent optimization work! Vast settings menu is appreciated! I'm excited to try the demo soon enough. Interesting to see such polish from a Japanese studio, seems like times have changed.

17. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    May want to try it before the 9th(end date).

Runs very well - even with the previous driver.

GamerNerves likes this.
  18. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    Almost done with the game and have been having a blast it plays VERY WELL from a combat and movement point of view (along with fov mod) story is interesting and is definitely creepy and a bit stressful at parts but it's not classic survival horror (but at this point and with a sequel to 7 along with 4's inspiration you should OBVIOUSLY know this).

For what it is a modern take on a re4 formula but with a bit more horror than humor of 4 I think it's great. It moves at a pace that I honestly if I didn't have to do some errands I would have easily just pushed right through in one 12 hour sitting without even realizing it.

If you're a panzy or have major anxiety or something you might not want to do it even without the "horror" it's stills stressful at times and the jump scares ARE there.

If so it's fine you can move on without telling the world how you tried it and it "bored you to death" it's OK we all know what you're thing to say, lol.

As far as performance ran at 4k/120 on my hdmi 2.1 oled with vrr with RT on and monitored fps for first few hours and saw it bounces anywhere from high 50s to 110 or so but spent the majority of time around 90s. (3080/10900k)

I eventually stopped noticing or caring and just turned off the fps for full immersion and it's has ran great and FELT great the entire time.

What I did notice is my gpu utilization wasn't always maxed while cpu was like 20% and memory wasn't maxed out either (though closer).

I tried adjusting settings down and even with medium textures I couldn't get the system. To run maxed out gpu (like 85-93 at most times) and vram usage would stay in similar ball park of 90s no matter which setting I used (betwee max and medium).

I didn't go lower but I just found it odd that the gpu didn't seem to be able to be "maxed out" even though my fps wasn't super high or my cpu wasn't maxed out.

It's a highly optimized game and runs fine either way I just found it odd I'm so so used to at least ONE of my components to be maxed out when. I pushing my gaming rig.

Still overall a great game for fans of the series (and no I'm not taking the ones who think 4 is the only good one or that 4 to 6 is where it peaked) if you're not ALSO one who thinks RE after code veronica don't even count then I think. It. Finds a nice balance of something in between them all.

A fun ride that's intense and looks great and runs pretty great even maxed out.

Get the fov mod and give yourself a bit more visual space to work with and it's kinda feels perfect in the way it plays.

I'm so happy with my 3080 getting a day 1 msrp card was great but I've managed to secure several more since then and now have the ftw3 ultra and thanks to strong resale even on Jaws cards I got the upgrades without spending a dime (though I didn't scalp and just sold for what was lower than the lowest going buy it now at the time for a used card and sold them under 2 minutes both times).

Best gpu upgrade I've ever made sold my 2080ti for almost as much as I paid for it and then bought a card that cost hundreds less that's MILES better.

Win/win/win

19. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Undying and Turanis like this.
  20. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Do you know if there will be another demo available later?