Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I really really really hope they fix the LOD situation for when the DLC comes, cause im not gonna be able to play it like this.

2. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Did you try the fix I posted?

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

"Max lod mod has several issues, and absolutely tanks fps."

4. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    I think this game.. actually... might beat out Duke Nukem Forever. :confused:

5. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Want more Level of detail ,you can try this.I know these have been mention many times but I have not seen this combination.

I am using Steam version so I added this to launch options,can be added to shortcut .exe . This gives a good bump in level of detail from default settings
    -qualityLevel=Cinematic_RTX

Now for that extra boost in level of detail, add your own .ini tweaks in the rendering.ini located
    Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\platform\pc
    [LevelOfDetail]
    DecalsHideDistance = 100.0
    [Streaming]
    DistanceBoost = 42.000000
    EditorThrottledMaxNodesPerFrame = 1000

Screen shots no DLSS Max settings ray tracing

Default 1 default 1.jpg

Default 2
    default 2.jpg

Tweaks .ini ,fence in way so I could not go back any further
    Tweak rtx.jpg

Noisiv likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Jeez louise... how many times must this be said... max lod mod (aka cinematic rtx) tanks fps, and is NOT what im looking for.

I want the default setting that the game launched with.

Wish you could downvote posts on this site...

Keno34 and eGGroLLiO like this.
  7. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    @Dragam1337 I feel your frustration with no one listening, although they are trying to help. I was using the Cinematix RTX shortcut with no issues before 1.22, but pop-in is ridiculous now even after removing the shortcut. I dont think there is a fix...I've been trying everything too. The eye sores for me are the tv monitors on the streets or certain lit areas when walking around. While driving the pop in on street lights, digital ground crosswalks, and billboards are so distracting now its very jarring to say the least.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G

So, who deserves the facepalms now?

[​IMG]

I guess you're so busy noticing texture pop ins and dunking on CDPR and looking for ways to "win" over random internet people and score brownie points, you seem to have lost the capability of reading posts that actually try to help you.

You described your issue incorrectly to begin with. The issue you're seeing is caused not because of LOD but a delay in texture streaming.

Anyway, this was just one of the tweaks that helps. There are some more that can get you back to near game version 1.03 like rendering in terms of assets streaming, but yeah.. not gonna bother with you anymore.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    AsiJu likes this.
  9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    People are trying to help... If you love downvoting that much there is Reddit for that, you can unload your frustrations there, upvote all the whiners and downvote those who dare having a good time with the game. Being arrogant and therefore deaf to any external input does not bring you anywhere... You are expecting to have the same amount of fps while also having a very detailled and consistent lod on the distance, that is not possible, miracles do not exist in the coding world. They surely tweaked some other things to avoid pop in on elements that are more noticeable, but they had to reduce it for other elements, as I already wrote. The streaming system has been reworked over time, and probably they are not even done yet.

AsiJu likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    People who have no clue, and can't be bothered to read, are of no help. And clearly you haven't read my previous posts in this thread, or part 1...

The changes they made did NOT improve fps on pc, unless you are cpu bottlenecked. So yes, i am expecting the same amount of fps with a rollback to the previous settings, cause my fps didn't increase from them making the change in the first place. The changes were purely made for the old potato consoles, which are severely cpu bottlenecked... which is why it makes zero sense that they forced the same changes on pc.

Last edited: May 5, 2021

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Back to some CP 2077 news:

Witcher Game Developer Quits Company Over Bullying Claims

12. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Yeah it's by no means a healthy environment.
    All negative reviews on glassdoor consistently mention same issues over the years amongst some vaguely undescriptive positive ones.
    My favorite was 5.0 "Perfect" "No Cons" review.

13. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    This is how you tell people that their solution doesn't work.

Sorry, that doesn't solve the problem, allow me to further explain, my initial assumption of LOD changes being the culprit have turned out to be incorrect, after further investigations, it looks to be related to perhaps the number of objects rendered. I also want to reiterate, my main goal as I've said before is to return graphics levels to their former quality, I don't want to exceed those.

See? It's not rude, it's describing the issue in more detail and politely reminding people of your goal.

You don't tell people that they're "f*cking stupid" when they're simply trying to offer help - sure it's frustrating when people give information that doesn't help but you don't throw it back in their face, swear and insult everyone in the process.

Be honest with yourself here, you didn't know it was objects that were the problem at first, or, you didn't know how to articulate that it was objects - you said yourself the changes in LOD were the problem, so someone offered the max LOD mod, which you rejected because of performance issues, that's fair enough but you replied in such a hostile manner.

Ask yourself, why aren't people helping you in a more constructive way... Perhaps they just don't like dealing with you.

14. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Let me describe it for you, when you see an object from a distant (and this also applies to effects and even animations to a degree) the details are missing, but the moment you get close to them, the details/effects are loaded, right? Since Patch 1.2, what CDPR did is they tried lessening the assets streaming, and this is the byproduct of that tweak. The easiest way to spot this is when you scroll through your weapons, you'll see that the meshes become visible after half a second. By applying the tweak I mentioned, you'll notice that the issue with your weapons not being visible immediately when scrolling through is gone.

That's what that tweak helps you with, with a bunch of other tweaks too. But it seems your "brilliant" mind can't fathom what the problem is.

See? I described your problem better than you ever could, regardless of how many screenshots you use. But hey, you're the one who's yelling "people can't be bothered to read" when you yourself can't read what others are saying.

If you own the legitimate game, open up a support ticket with your problem. Ranting about it in Guru3D and trying to come off as a smartass to anyone who actually tries helping you isn't really the way to go about it. And yes, please, learn how to read and be respectful towards others. I remember your spammy and ignorant behavior from another post in the past. See things haven't changed a bit. I am expecting another googled facepalm meme in your replies, penta facepalm maybe?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    AsiJu and eGGroLLiO like this.
  15. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    @Truder
    @Romulus_ut3

Why even bother carry it on?
    what i see in dragams posts is pure frustration nothing else
    i guess he gets frustrated conveying his thoughts, hell over the last year or so i could have been a douche
    have some decency and leave it and move on, agree to disagree as they say

Peace <3

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Cyberpunk 2077 - PC | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED

Thank you, learn some manners and decency, and you're welcome.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I've handed out some infractions in this thread as I want to see decency on these forums. So I suggest the involved parties take not of this.

eGGroLLiO, AsiJu, jura11 and 2 others like this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    For me its the best looking of all time.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Just bought the game for 20€.

I´m not going to play it right now because i have to reinstall my OS and i want the game to mature a little more.

Hope it´s good but for 20€ i´m not too worried.

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    It's a decent game. Not a great game, like all the hype tended to make us believe.
    But also not a terrible game. It has it's fair amount of problems, but it also has it's good things.
    I bought it for 23 euros, a month ago and found it worth the money.