First product pages for GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and pricing go live

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 3, 2021.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah its cheaper this days to have a girlfriend then being a gamer. :D

Silva, Ricepudding, Airbud and 3 others like this.
  2. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    I cant agree separated GFX cards lines does not help the games - IF THE 50% cards were gaming only (as u suggest) that would mean 50% MORE cards for gamers. As it is now, Id say 5% goes to gamers but with spiked prices. Yes, 50% would still not be enough, but it still would be night and day difference. And the prices of the gaming cards would not be AS MUCH spiked by the mining demand. Sure, it would not cover the demand, so the price would be higher, but NOT that much. Now the price of cards is strictly related to the price of crypto - if you can pay your card in lets say 3 months mining, you dont care if it costs 4k euro, because in 6 months you have a free cards an 4k euro in a pocket. For the gamer tho, the situation is very different and indeed dire, when his wallet competes in this scenario :/

PS: Banning crypto is not the solution and its not even possible to be honest. And thats good IMO. I dont want this new decentralized money to be banned. Nobody financially literate should want that... money as it is now is a bad joke, papers which are being "printed" (printing is a euphemism - they are created in a computers with one click - BAM!!! 2 trilion USD!!! There goes your savings) - this USA insanity which is happening right now will be a disater for all of us :/

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    GoldenTiger likes this.
  3. narukun

narukun Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    that much money and for just 12gb of vRAM, disgusting

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Little by little, there was 5 units in stock of RX 6700XT from Asrock, they were at normal price (575,53 Euro)... but just 5 units.

Undying likes this.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Banning would be as stupid as actual situation...
    But it really need a regulation, right now crypto currency is far far away from your idealistic description...
    The problem is that it create poor people (and more when it will fall... and it will fall again), limitate innovation and production all around the world due to bad use of ressources, make price rise while people earn less... and so and so and so more.
    The problem is indeed the abusing greedy people, and a regulation could solve this.

MonstroMart likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    guru3d top of google news tech section here in uk.

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef and Undying like this.
  7. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    I want some of whatever the hell you have been smoking.

Solfaur and MonstroMart like this.
  8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Until they want to get married, it's at that point you get back into gaming to save money xD haha

Undying likes this.
  9. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Here is how Nvidia has been BSing all day. Despite the low availability and huge demand, they allowed most of the gaming cards to be sold to miners at normal prices, then they "decreased" the mining performance so that we gamers can actually buy one but at an almost 50% price increase. How BS is that lol?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not excited about this card at all and that's only because, right now, I still cannot buy a GTX 3080 here in the UK for the MRSP some seven plus months after that card launched so the chances of getting this one any time in 2021 is going to be near to zero. Scalpers and the chip shortages are certainly not helping but, yeah, I don't think 2021 is going to be a good year to upgrade my PC. My other option would have been to forget about upgrading my PC and just get an Xbox Series X instead for the cross platform titles like Forza and Halo but that is also impossible to get hold of.

Solfaur and Robbo9999 like this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    2021 is already 10x worse than 2020 in just about every way.

Airbud and Solfaur like this.
  12. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    They are banning petrol cars because of the damage they do to the environment despite the hugely powerful oil lobby, how much money it makes governments, and how much the general public love their ICE cars. Can't see why they won't ban crypto which is very damaging to the environment, has practically no lobbying power, makes governments no money, and is hated by everyone but the miners.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Unless there are...

- a million of these cards in stock
    - completely mining resistant
    - dont have to refresh product page for availability
    - selling at MSRP

then wont even bother.

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Time to replace my 1080Ti!

Now i only need to win the lottery...

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Dont worry you can't get one.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    This is such a dumb take on the situation lol

17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Because crypto curency is the emerged part of the iceberg, and we need the underwater part, and we don't have anything to replace it...

18. Whitey

Whitey Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    stfu if it wasn't for miners we'd be paying £800 for an rtx 3090 right now.

19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm a miner and gamer, i see no issue with this.
    Manufacturers sending warehouse scale mining farms hundreds of cards at a time is the problem, not folks like me getting 24/7 use outta my card i worked hard to get.
    Agree?

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    how bout if you do mine you do dont antagonize people here with that fact and trying to make things worse. do what you want with card but dont come here and advertise your are mining and claim your not part of problem.

Fact stand if wasnt for mining crap GPU cost would not so stupid and Scalping would not be that bad.

Hilbert and mod seriously need to make Mining only sections and moderate it to keep all that stuff in that sections so there less hostility over it cause some people like to come here advertise they are doing and how there is no issue cause of mining.

Hostility over this is only gona get worse and people mining that come here and say there is no issue... and ask for help at same time just making thing worse.