Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, but no one that actually enjoys games is squinting. We're too busy killing Xenothreat in one of the most fun experiences i've had in a game ever.

It's hilarious how people keep saying "no game" and yet here i am having more fun "not" playing this "game" then all the people that come to bitch about it.

HandR and cerebus23 like this.
  2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    What I said wasnt incorrect.
    Who I replied to made an incorrect statement.
    See what happens ;)

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    semantics and opinions, but any full "games" is still a year or more out.

still the quality team plus they seem to be getting back onto the pu a bit more, some missing stuff starting to return, big ticket stuff.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Lol you're having more fun NOT playing this 'game'?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's double, maybe even triple speak based on the common unintelligent prattle that star citizen will never release (it has) or be playable (it is)

Denial is an avid Star Citizen player.

Denial likes this.
  6. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    This discussion is kinda endless and they sure have put out more than a couple of empty rooms by now. However, if I look at what is currently playable, it's definitely a product in an alpha stage with a lot of bugs and technical issues. On top of that they have outright predatory monetization of their game. It would go a long way to change many minds if they were to release the SP part. That would be a point where I would check it out and maybe even consider buying the MP part. But as it is, I really don't see the point of jumping in right now.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    seems some having ships go BOOM bug and cant play well, and the eternal golf bug bug still roaming around.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Honestly this patch has been unplayable for me so far. Have connie - go to try out the ship to ship docking, take the 52 out, ship immediately explodes. Okay weird - Restart, try again - hit n to detach, ship enters weird state where it doesn't move.. meh. Land on planet, turn off engines/etc - get out walking around while talking to my gf, not really paying attention, find my ship blown over completely. Nice. Restart again, finally get the docking to work - sweet. Land on planet again, ship falls through planet immediately.

I've had the clip through planet before and I've heard of the ship blowing away in wind thing but to have all these issues in a span of two days just drove me nuts. Going to try it again at some point because it seems like performance is better this patch but frustrating to say the least.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Atleast performance is better. Meh, good to know not to re-download this one yet.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

that is what i was reading by other players, sucks that got out of ptu but i think that is a post release thing maybe, main blockers were desynch and inventory issues, if there was an explody issue it was not showing till live i suspect.

but people effected have it real bad, definately check the support forums file a ticket.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is there any update on when Squadron 42 comes out?

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No. I would imagine not for a while -- they are still wrapping up basic functionality needed for the game. Maybe two more years?

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    After few months of not playing friend called me yesterday that there is an error starting the game if he could play it before. With the latest update game basically needs avx instruction set.

His xeon x5680 cant even start the game anymore.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's been like this since 3.12 I think - so about 6 or so months. Idk, Sandy Bridge introduced AVX and even Bulldozer has it. If you have something older than that.. probably time to upgrade.

Undying likes this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its not the first game tho, few games already require avx mostly ubisoft games

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    none of these require avx, its a basic check that it fails on then doesn't even use it (like Cyberpunk)

star citizen does however, they are actually using it to optimize quadratic vectors in the chunk streaming, that said, its not a significant enough improvement to warrant discontinuing an SSE4 path.

Undying likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I was not familiar with that cpu model and after looking it up I was surprised with it being released in 2010... it did pretty well for itself being 6 core 12 thread, gosh I bet that was expensive at time of release *___*

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its a i7 980x with an ecc support. First gen also have no avx instructions. Hell friend is so bummed he cant play the game and not able to upgrade atm but until S4 is out2 he probably will. :D

Now i have to play without him, eh.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres always cloud gaming.