Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is less of a problem than its being made out to be.

1. The battery is replaceable, easily enough.
    2. PSN itself does not have a hosted time server, they are using generic POST http for time data and they've used the same dns and query since ps3 days @ scei-0.auth.np.ac.playstation.net using a hardcoded login for the query.

the query itself is device agnostic.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    What what exactly are the complaining about? i not folllow , or maybe i need more coffee..

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    To solve my issue I just bought 2nd controller with 3 year protection plan so I will have 2 controllers and replace one currently I have issue with under that in few months time ( sony say dual sense have 90 day warranty but site B&H said it year warranty), if I did not manage to fix issue with popping the R1 button out and apply a dab of machine oil used for electric shavers blades on spring I saw on R2 button, since I did that it been working correctly, I will use protection plan on controllers just bought to replace said controller.

In the end I can use 2nd dual sense for my PC or I can my DS4 contolers for my PC, Just gona have to get Bluetooth adaptor for my that is 1.0 at some point.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I personally use it every day and don't really have any problems with it. I've also had situations where I've been away from a game that the PS5 sets itself in Rest mode with the game running and I've not had issues starting the console and instantly getting back to the game.

Kevin Mauro likes this.

5. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Same as above

In addition I use remote play with flawless victory

6. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Yeah, I've had rest mode going since my last post and it seems to be going fine. I did read on a YouTube channel's comments that doing a database rebuild while having an external storage could corrupt the external storage. I'm wondering if after the system update this month a database rebuild was carried out and that's how I lost my PS4 games. Apparently from what they say (if game is showing as installed but will not start) disconnecting the external storage, start downloading the game again and pause at 1%, connect external storage back up and it will tell you you have two versions of the game prompting you to delete one, that being the one at 1%. This from what I understand will correct the broken game link on the external storage back to the PS5. I didn't get a chance to try this unfortunately but was just wondering as this would save loads of time.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    There is Database rebuild with ever System update. and I have had my External T5 attach threw 2 of them at this point no issues.

People been saying have External Drive connected during Update will cause issue since Ps4, Update at this point on (ps5) say if there disc or external drive connected, Do not remove it during the updates

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I got a system update today but the patch notes are vague, only says "improves system performance".

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that what patch notes look like since for ever, unless it major update in which case there something more then "improves system performance"

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That's possible. I've not had a Sony console for several years :)

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Still looks amazing and concept is good to the but shooter aspect ruins it for me

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Inspiration from their passed game Resogun. I played that game for many hours.

4K 60FPS. ;)

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Resogun was amazing I threw many hours at that too.

I am amazing that Returnal is 4k60 and RT though, I do love concept of make your death part of story though.

If they throw an demo out for I will download to see if i can get past shooter gameplay.

I ignored ME series cause it was that type of game "even" if it had RPG "elements" I got 1 and 2 and played them both but could never get past gameplay

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Impressive not so much with the 1080p upscaling being done 4k with certain stuff, impressed none the less.

It also getting praise from some one the plays everything on the PC and avoids consoles

17. Nah, the first game that would make PS5 purchase justifiable is this one:

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    did DF say it was justifiable ps5 purchase? dont remember.

Honestly neither are my cup of tea, Graphics dont sell game to , RT is and will be GREAT when it hit on performance becomes negligible, but hit isnt worth. I RT is one reason why game "assets" size were to reduce and and such reduce game sizes?

Honesly most game size are ballooning still

19. What has DF, game size or RT to do with anything of what I wrote? I don't get it. Insomniacs do very well polished AAA games with fun gameplay. The fact that their games are very well made from technological side is only a nice icing on the cake. And honestly, DF is full of crap. Half of things they say is pure guessing and assumption based on their limited experiences.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    My point was Graphics are not selling point to me. And Niether are my type of game and this RT stuff also means nothing to me.

People swear by the Uncharted games which also arnt cup of tea so there tech feats and grahics and other wise dont mean anything to me either Never like Ratchet and clank.. it all in the eye of beholder.