Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    What update? lol i never update my windows 10 version. Unless i am forced too, but i usually just pause updates for 7 days all the time.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Bad drivers for me , lower fps and lower scores in benchmarks , also overclocks that were stable with older drivers now are not stable anymore , but if i go back to 21.3.1 my overclocks becomes stable again.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    On my system is fine, update is OK.
    No stutters or drops.

DanielRX, chispy and itpro like this.
  4. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Latest drivers with windows updates give me annoying permanent micro stuttering. But I do not experience stuttering pauses or fps drops. It gives me a lil bit of nausea to be honest, I await for fixes.

chispy likes this.

5. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    It's written in my profile, GPU: XFX 5700 DD Ultra

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    You don't need to remove this update KB5001330 & KB5001337 anymore.
    The faulty code was disabled on the server side by Microsoft.
    What you only need to do to check for new updates and that's it.
    There is no follow-up update that will "install" anything, disabling the faulty new code will happen automatically through WU connection and a simple "check" is enough.
    To check if the serverside rollback is active on your PC open regedit and under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\4\1837593227
    check if you have the entry "EnabledState" with the value "1" (workaround active) and not "2".

More on that here >
    KB5001330 & KB5001337: Microsoft will Probleme mit Hilfe von Updates lösen - ComputerBase

UPDATE : I stand corrected --- the serverside disablement doesn't help in a few cases --- e.g. Forza 4 even with the correct registy entry seems still to have stuttering and the only solution is to uninstall the above updates.... However for me -- the the reg entry fixed stutters in The Division 2... so it seems it fixes some but not all cases...
    Changing from "balanced" to "performance" power plan seem to help in a few cases too.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Direfield, chispy, OnnA and 1 other person like this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What games you have issues with? Make sure you uninstall that windows update we mentioned in last page. That could be your issue.

8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    There are so many issues. windows update, drivers. the stuttering happens with 6xxx series, so if you have any other gpu you won't have it. so we need each and everyone who has 6xxx series to report the stuttering bug.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    chispy and Undying like this.
  9. Spamlobster

Spamlobster New Member

GPU:
    Voodoo
    I have something similar with Time spy stress test. Sometimes it's black like you describe, but mostly very colorful and always repeats in the same grid'ish pattern over the looping test, so it shoudln't be a memory issue as I first thought. Feels like Z-buffer issue or something. 6800XT.

Do you have access to 3Dmark for checking this out?

chispy likes this.
  10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I came here to say this but I still have stuttering on Hunt Showdown (though I think the stuttering was there before this update and changing the minimum clock from 500 to 2300 (so I have a range from 2300-2500) seems to have sorted out most of the stuttering but not all of it. I will test Forza Horizon 4 and see if I have stuttering as that game never stuttered. If I do I will uninstall the update and report back. Thanks for the heads up!

chispy likes this.

11. mystik

mystik Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900xt N+
    Sapphire 6900xt nitro+ here.
    windows 10.

none of the games i've currently been playing have any stuttering.
    borderlands 3, sea of thieves, planetside 2, little nightmares 1/2, dolphin emu, phasmophobia..
    ufotest also shows a clean line.

i do not have that/those updates installed, though.

12. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Yes, no problems for me in time spy stress test. Wolfenstein new order is an openGL game, I think it has something to do with opengl driver. time spy is directx 12...I don't think it's the same problem.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Use the vulkan api its miles better. New order should have it, right?

14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Just played Forza Horizon 4 for 40 minutes and it is smooth as butter. I have the update that disables the windows update code that was causing stuttering for some people and have not uninstalled the offending update. The only game I get a little bit of stutter in so far is Hunt Showdown and I do believe that was present before the update anyways.

PrEzi and Undying like this.
  15. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Nope, doesn't have vulkan api...it's running on old id5 tech engine. I think they switched to vulkan in new colossus...

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Microsoft has fixed the recent Windows 10 gaming performance issues

As Microsoft noted, a small subset of users has reported lower than expected performance in games after installing this update.
    Most users that suffered from this issue were running games full screen or borderless window modes and using two or more monitors.

In order to resolve this issue, Microsoft is using Known Issue Rollback (KIR).
    This solution enables Microsoft to “quickly revert a single, targeted fix to a previously released behavior if a critical regression is discovered“.

Windows 10 gamers will automatically receive this latest update (in other words, you won’t have to manually download anything).

Microsoft claims that it may take up to 24 hours for the resolution to propagate automatically.
    Additionally, restarting your PC system may fasten the process.

chispy likes this.
  17. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    OnnA -- read the followup at ComputerBase // Link was posted in my initial post. MS claims it was fixed, then they stand corrected by the reports that it is not a complete fix and are investigating it further...
    Replying to your comment trying to prevent spreading FUD that it was fully fixed which is not the case.

Undying, Exostenza and chispy like this.
  18. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Did they remove the GPU-Fan-Speed Percentage? It seems like it now only shows RPM which makes it harder to tell if the GPU fan already works on its limit.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    I still didn't get the registry that disables the new code..... it's been 2 days

I saw the GPU Mhz dropping from 2450mhz to 58 MHz when the Power Limit was lower than 15%. I tried 10% and then it happened instantly. it needs more power

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    We should wait for next Patch. Then it will be fixed for good.
    Should be available tomorrow.

Im not experienced any issues so far.