GeForce 466.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

I guess I just have some magically weird bubble I live in where this isn't a problem.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  3. d5aqoep

d5aqoep Active Member

GPU:
    Galax 4090 ST
    Yes that WAS my problem. Windows 10 was not even allowing me to uninstall that update. So I downloaded a fresh ISO of build 19043.867 from UUP dump website (google it). Clean install with installation of all my games and softwares was the only way out. I had to use a free app called WUMT immediately on booting into Wibdows for the first time and use Hide function to block the offending update. Or you can Pause updates for 7 days from Windows Update settings page.

Now fps are back to normal when V-Sync is used and I can again get 4k 120 fps on Forza Horizon 4. So for once it wasn’t a driver issue

For those willing to do fresh install, this is the link to esd file of 19043.867 from official Microsoft's windows update servers EN-US X64 build.
    Download
    If you have iso, extract it to a folder and just replace the install.wim or install.esd in sources folder with the above one and rename it to install.esd.
    Run the setup and downgrade.
    esd to iso is also possible with below script
    https://github.com/abbodi1406/BatUtil/tree/master/esd-decrypter-wimlib

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  4. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    NVIDIA advises uninstalling the latest Windows update to avoid in-game crashes KB5001330, is that true ?

5. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Yes, there are a lot of users having game crashing and other BSOD issues with the latest Windows update yet again. The last three months it's nothing but BSOD updates by Microsoft.

6. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Thanks for replying, did you uninstall it, noticed changes, no more craches ? cause i got some craches but i suspected the Nvidia driver..

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only people having bsods are those with third party ramdisk drivers.

Kaldaien just reported an issue where some monitors are swapping the min and average full frame luminance value, this could be a windows bug.

8. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I haven't had the need as I have no issues myself.

Not sure about that
    https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/...ow-causing-trouble-for-more-windows-10-users/
    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/late...-frame-rates-cause-screen-stutters-for-gamers

I know most of those articles are just a bunch of copy paste articles, but the amount of articles that are being pushed out about issues with the update seems more than just ramdisk issues.

9. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm sure they are just ramdisk issues, all of the dump files i have analyzed list lmdisk.sys

11. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  12. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    I did uninstall the 04.21 updates but it didn't change a thing. Was getting 45 FPS tops in WoW: Classic and Elders Scroll Online on my RTX 3090.. Re-added the 04.21 update and downgraded to 465.89 and my performance is back to normal.

13. d5aqoep

d5aqoep Active Member

GPU:
    Galax 4090 ST
    You have to be on either 19042.867 (20H2) or 19043.867 (21H1) builds to restore performance. Also make sure you use WUMT to hide the update.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  14. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I uninstalled this driver and returned to the previous one from nvidia. No more crashes or lockups. I also uninstalled the KB from ms after that but reinstalled it again since it doesn't crash anymore. To me this driver causes unexpected crashes, and I don't feel like trying it again with this KB5001330 uninstalled plus this driver. Performance isn't better compared to the previous one, and perhaps even worse in certain game scene's. 3DMark did give improved results, but I prefer real games over benches to play.

loracle likes this.
  15. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Anyone getting something like this on their 3080?

I noticed the issue happen quite frequently in BDO,sometimes in warhammer totalwar 2 and VERY rarely in wow.Usually happen when fps is close to max for some reason.Isse seems to be prevelant to happen more frequently on 1440p.
    I tried another monitor that was 1080p 144hz and the issue happened again when I upscaled to 1440p
    Rig is 3080/9900k/970evo/16gb ram/750 psu/rog maximus. (driver 457.51)
    Monitor is S2721dgf Nvidia settings V-sync on/off ingame with -5 max frame limit(so 160)

I tried sending a trace log but nvidia removed the easier way to make it https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/error/error_id/1

Instead were stuck with this https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...5cE1OX05UV0t5SmoxNjdIblNTYW5zSWwxb2clMjElMjE=

And I keep getting stuck at the CMD part
    "
    From the Command Prompt, navigate to the directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\gpuview

If you chose a different installation path, navigate to that directory and drill down to the gpuview folder.

3. To start logging, type the command (the first time you run the command, you may need to repeat the process one time to start recording).

log.cmd"

but nothing happens.
    Getting annoyed now.Support is slow as hell too.It took them 30 days just to reply and all they could say is updated to latest driver or update to a beta bios.

16. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Realy you still on that wow!

17. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    This is what I got from nvidia support after a month.
    "
    My colleague escalated your case to me for further review. From your feedback and troubleshooting, its too early to tell if your experience is related some perf issues we are investigating. At the moment, we can't rule out issue on any hardware in your system. Are you still hitting the problem with the latest 466.11 driver?
    There is a newer SBIOS for your mobo, version 1901. Does the update make a difference?
    https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xi-hero-model/helpdesk_bios"

So yes I'm still here.The fact they took a literally month to tell me update my bios (to a beta bdw,I have the bios prior) and updating to the latest driver (I crap you) is partly why I'm still here.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    uninstalled KB5001330?

https://webcache.googleusercontent....rs/detail/a_id/5167+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Log collector still available
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nv-log-collector

19. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
  20. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Ok downloaded latest driver and at first I was getting the issue again.Tried playing in fullscreen and this time they stopped.(fullscreen didn't work on previous 457.51)
    Don't get me wrong the game still has its micro stutters/stutters when running around with a horse really fast in the world.

These stopped from what I can tell.

Another issue I noticed tho is when running around on a horse ingame and gpu us close to max gpu usage (even seen a 100%) the gpu clock was dropping below boost.
    My boost for my 3080 1785mhz and I have it the game set to maximum performance.I saw it occasionally drop to 1755mhz quite frequently while effects where going on which shouldn't be possible?Temps where below 70c too so it's not a temp issue from what I can tell.

So it was a driver issue?