Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I did uninstalled after seeing other having issues with it but personaly it was fine here. No hurt trying it.

2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Set Saturation at max +10% or 110 to avoid color losing details and get over with it. Those vivid settings are disgusting and lose any DCI-P3 or calibrated sRGB certification.

3. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I think you'll be safe, I was happy with UWP driver and 21.4.1 works pretty much the same, but if you don't need full size(weight) control panel I don't see much point.

MerolaC likes this.
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    tenor.gif

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Tested out the minimal install and boy oh boy they need to change this.

There should be more options in the future. You only have access to global graphics settings and have no means to change settings for specific games, this should be included within the minimal install. It would be more or less perfect then.

Or like others have said, simply a tick box option for each feature.

Direfield and The Creator like this.
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah minimum would need the game profiles at least to be more workable without just having the global settings, Wattman would be useful for the very conservative fan behavior but it's probably better as a additional install option or a fully modular approach with advanced selections of what to install like it used to have.

Minimum I think also lacks a few media and display settings, full install and either using the slimming utility or manually uninstalling components that can be if users do not want them plus toggling off some of the rest is currently the better mode for keeping Radeon Settings in a more usable state. Driver only can be useful for testing or having other software for some of these things though.

patteSatan and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  7. Restw00d

Restw00d Guest

GPU:
    RX5600XT 8gb
    Black screen after installation and reboot. After a long time the MSI MAG logo will appear but freezes there, can't get into safe mode or recovery... Help?

8. Had some bad corruption in Firefox seemingly out of nowhere the past day or two; can't be sure if it's from these drivers, or a Firefox update. Changed some boolean for ANGLE or WebRender, and seemingly the corruption went away. Has any other Firefox user ran into any graphical issues with it and these 21.4.1 drivers?

Also Oculus VR works fine (Link with cable, Air Link, and VD) with these drivers. With V28, Oculus has some kind of support for HEVC for Link (info), but it's either not fully-implemented in Oculus itself, or AMD's driver isn't supported for it.

9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    It seems to work only when the monitor has Freesync Premium.

Undying likes this.
  10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Can everyone else report the stuttering issue to AMD? Anyone else with 6900XT has this issue? Anyone who doesn't have other cards??

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    How's the CPU utilization?
    Looks like there is at least one issue involving the CPU usage being high causing the GPU usage to fluctuate thus variable performance and stuttering.

There's also the existing RDNA issue with scaling and CPU utilization so best as I understood it while you can't really see it (Wattman would have it looking like a freely scalable curve.) the GPU's bouncing between P states instead of settling also leading to stuttering or at worst with some games particularly Cry-Engine 3.x for whatever reason and the D3D9 API performance is much lower as the GPU's barely doing any work.

EDIT: There's that topic about the first issue.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/mwatp7/rx6000_series_cards_suffer_from_framedrops_in_cpu/

13. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Maybe you guys here are as surprised as I was when reading that GFX10 (RDNA) regressed in terms of major functionality in regard to GFX9 (Vega): https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2021-April/303821.html [By the way, HMM is used for implementing Shared Virtual Memory on Linux which is an important feature for compute). So if they have to base such a major feature on GFX9 this tells you a thing or two about the future of compute capabilities with RDNA going forward.

14. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    By the way, I still see the problem that my custom wattman profile doesn't get applied properly on my Vega 56. Every time before launching a game I have to manually adjust one of the voltage levels, apply a new value and re-set the former value and apply that again to get it to work. I still hope to see it working correctly out-of-the box in the time that Vega has left in my system (I am tempted to sell it at the current pricing).

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah, that has been a problem since the introduction of this new control panel.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Try making the new profile save it and load it up and the old one.
    Even tho i had some issues before with wattman profiles not load up on boot but thats fixed on atleast on Polaris.

Btw i know your tempted to sell it but dont you'll have no gpu replacement for a while.

17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Ty, even then it keeps coming back. That way, enabling+disabling on gui, just hidding via right click doesn't prevent it. Must be some minor issue to be fixed soon.

18. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    I'm a simple man, I don't game much and haven't delved into the Radeon Graphics settings for a while.

While I've researched and read up on what Anti-lag, Chill and Boost do at a fundamental level, I'm still a little confused on where/when to use them? Like what kind of games would benefit most from each one.

Can someone take a couple minutes to give me a low down at all?

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Anti Lag should be used when gpu limited (enable cant hurt) Boost is crap and and supports only few games(disable). Chill is just a frtc replacement (even tho they added frtc back in latest drivers). RIS self explanatory (i recommend 20%).

KissSh0t and Kuss like this.
  20. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Aright cool, thanks.

So Anti-lag on fairly graphically intensive games where CPU is probably ahead of GPU, Chill where my FPS goes way above my refresh rate (75Hz ultra-wide here)? I assume Boost might help where my FPS is quite low on newer games? Sound about right?

I knew what RIS and ES did, so that's OK.

Undying likes this.