Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    No but maybe is something bigger that you need to check. Maybe it is something related to DWM.

The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention.

Scenario: The Desktop Window Manager responsiveness has degraded.

2. rkb

rkb Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    still lacking some feature that the competition has had it for a while now. all the best to amd to get them all in future updates

3. Starks

Starks Guest

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    Do these drivers support WSL GPU access or is that still only the preview driver?

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    great drivers so far, although that "vivid gaming" option is horrendous lol :p

MaCk0y likes this.

5. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    Not a very good driver on my end, yesterday during Wasteland 3 when i tried to bring up the Radeon Software the mouse froze, the game froze, got a black screen then the game crashed and the driver restarted, now i was just browsing, my mouse froze, got a black screen and the driver restarted because amdwddmg was not responding. My vga was rock stable with previous driver (no oc).

And did it again after posted this massage.

Waiting for DDU to get rid of this mess.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Why don't you take a look into mirror and face reality? Those are 2 very different topics. And I did not change my views even a bit.
    nVidia's streaming is cloud based with everything there is to cloud advantages and disadvantages. AMD's is same as Local Steam based streaming which I was calling what? Good.

AMD added to this local streaming simple feature, that enables 2nd weak system to get input into "server", at latency proportional to local network. (Low single digit millisecond lag. For some it is under 1ms extra lag.)
    And then gets image back to client again at low single digit millisecond lag. (Where real extra lag of round trip may be way under 5ms.)

And guess what, person still owns HW they are streaming from like with steam. It is hard to believe you actually came with this post. Because discussion was about paid solution vs available free alternatives and price of ownership vs long term paid streaming. Advantages, disadvantages, ...

So analogy here is not to nVidia's paid streaming, but Valves steam streaming with ability to enable another player to game within same session at cost of one rendering. (Which means freeloader. Which effectively cuts cost of ownership per gamer into half.)

So if you want to put this scenario into perspective of nVidia's thread:
    - nVidia's solution: Two people pay separate cloud streaming subscriptions.
    - AMD: One person owns gaming HW, other plays remotely with 1st person (for no extra cost).

You can play Mortal Kombat with your friend who is in building next to you while only one PC does rendering. And his experience will be practically local. Try to play Mortal Kombat against someone when you are using cloud and have 40 ms extra lag from roundtrip.

Anyway, I had good laugh.

PrEzi likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Polaris seems does not have the option.

8. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Vega also doesn't have that option, because it's supported from RDNA and higher

Undying likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ryzen 4000 with vega graphics has the option but Vega gpus does not have it. Hah, amd is such a garbage.

DanielRX likes this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    They will fix this IMhO sooner than later :oops:
    Im only using Saturation +18-22 for gaming -> it's better that way.

Overall for Vega is very solid driver, all my games working notch better.
    I wonder how much more untapped performance Vega has :D:p (29k in 3Dmark is now very easy to achieve for my setup, im now looking for 30k !).

somemadcaaant and DanielRX like this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Performance is solid driver seems stable but they always put up some crap like that for no reason.

DanielRX and OnnA like this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Newest first, as always.
    Performance is here so im happy :p

DanielRX likes this.
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Unlucky mate. You're missing out on a lot if you want washed out colours and almost eliminating AO. As @CPC_RedDawn said it's garbage at least for me.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    Undying likes this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Not really, ryzen 4000 apu's only released last year whereas Vega 56 and 64 launched in 2017 with Polaris being slightly earlier in the year as a refresh of the 400 series.

I wouldn't expect support for newer features on older hardware, who knows maybe they will add it in the future or maybe there is a limitation with the hardware that they can't do it.

But trust me when I say this, the feature is trash. Basically eliminates shadows and AO and my screen is colour calibrated with a spyderX pro. So you ain't missing out on much here my friend.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    And I'll laugh again when the actual performance results come in and it's the same or worse than GFN. You're basically imagining benefits that don't exist.

Also, you clearly don't know how it works, read this carefully again;

"A brand-new AMD Link for Windows client is now available that allows you to stream your games and desktop to other Radeon graphics enabled PCs."

So there's zero cost advantage. In-fact, it's perfectly clear they're telling you it only works when both systems have Radeon graphics.

16. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Strange. I´m seeing a less detailed image in AC: Odissey, it seems more blurred.
    The Vivid Gaming gimmick is like Nvidia vibrance, way too much "vibrance".

17. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Has anyone tried removing KB5001330 from their system to see if it deals with the micro stuttering issue? I read an article saying that users reported stuttering in games after installing that update and that nVidia made a statement about users having stuttering issues in games should remove it. I may try removing it to see if it deals with the stuttering and if I do I will report back later.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    KB5001330 is classed as a security update. Not much info on it. I've got it installed without any issues. But I don't play that many games at the moment to fully test.

19. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Im on 20H2 without any monthly update and its running flawslessly. On i7 2600 and RX 580 8gb. Probably the culprit is the windows update. The improvements in the performance overlay are very good, the only thing i dont understand is the inaccurate gpu utilization. Its the only thing keeping me from only using the Radeon Software and ditching Afterburner and Rivatuner completely. I like to use that metric while adjusting settings in game so i can stay in a consistent framerate the majority of the time.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG]

That turned into a advanced install option letting user tick and untick what they want or not would be a nice next step for these modes.

EDIT: With the GameDVR64 and OpenWVR64 utilities also part of the selection instead of always installed, possibly also some of the other forced drivers or components really.

Embra, GSDragoon and CPC_RedDawn like this.