GeForce 466.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Read the note to DDU it specificly says to disconnect from internet.

Any way I test my game they all seem to run and at correct framerates, Other then Sekiro it seem to be doing it Black screen issue where it loading the logo and menu again. I dont remeber how i fixed that last time either

2. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I have used this option in ddu since it was available with no issues. Why would it be there if it didn't do anything.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah sekiro is pain to start it general start up black screen sit there for 5+ minutes before it actual loads, I remember sekiro have this problem a year ago and it still does would of thought they would patch/fix the issue by now cause it is not the drivers cause it has done every driver i ever used since have this game

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  4. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    just FYI
    this driver has problem on my system gtx 1080ti with Rise of The Tomb Raider.. dx12 with HAGS on gives crash in 30seconds to 1 minute as"0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung".
    dx12 hags off no problem..
    dx 11 no problem too...

5. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Is HAGS worth having on?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it offers no benefits at all at the present time, only contributes to problems.

Aldek, lukas_1987_dion and Xtreme512 like this.
  7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I agree, also causing problems in AC Valhalla for me, while offers no performance gains, so it's off, same as game mode.
    But I keep REBAR on, as I gained 1-5 fps depending on game, those drivers seems stable for me.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling can help boost performance in scenarios when you're (severly) CPU limited. In scenarios where you're GPU limited (especially when the GPU is really stressed), it may even lead to performance degredation. With some games it has the nasty side effect that there is micro-stuttering with it enabled as well.

The only game where I've seen it grant a performance boost on my system so far is MS Flight Simulator (especially in VR), but since it causes stuttering and general lower performance in many of my other games, I leave it off.
    Note that I do play at 3840x2160 (flat) to 3172x3096x2 (VR) resolution, usually with all detailed maxed out on a relatively modern CPU though, so there rarely is a scenario where I'm CPU limited.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Ohmer likes this.
  9. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    By default for some reason Sekiro tries to output in HDR mode if your monitor supports it even when HDR is turned off in Windows Settings and only after passing "press any button" prompt it reverts to SDR. Do you have sound while screen is black? Have you tried pressing "enter" while screen is black?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That means its not using Windows HDR but the vendor method instead.

11. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I seem to have issues with Mortal Shell. Enable DX 12, DLSS, & RT. The HDR is overexposed with lots of banding however it looks fine in DX11. Another issue if I play over 60fps the RT shadows flicker like crazy. I tried disabling Latency option but made no difference.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I have rebar enabled on my 3080 running on a Z370 maximus formula X.

Anyhow, I'll raise a ticket to nvidia. Apart from that games are running quite well, have the odd stutter which is likely caused by the windows KB. Shadowman Remaster for instance has these weird stutter spikes but I think that could be related to the engine and how it streams sound & music.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    My monitor dont support HDR my UDHTV does but same problem happen on both that. both cases HDR is not enbled in windows it was never this bad

When does work correctly UHDTV defualts to HDR when launchs and look good. but yah i dont enble HDR in windows cause I dont like what does to Color they become wasted out, and I not gona change HDR setting on UHDTV cause I have set correct for everything else it windows that look wasted out when it on

An no there is no sound when it black screen

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I understand HAGS but what problems do you have with game mode? It's been turned on, on my system since the beginning of Windows 10 and I haven't had an issue?

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Would seem so long as Open Steam window to max before Sekiro launched the game lauchs correct attest for that steam session

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    HAGs off, its a waste of time like RE-BAR.

PetritH and Aldek like this.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have Hags and Gamemode off neither of them will be turned on anytime soon

PetritH and loracle like this.
  17. wrobles3D

wrobles3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    PetritH likes this.
  18. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    As it states right in DDU, Windows can and does ignore this setting on a regular basis. People are still getting automatic internet installs of drivers on boot up. Windows has been overwriting registry keys for this and many other things recently, you can't trust it.

19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    That usually just happens when you install (or upgrade to) a new major version of Windows or do a repair install, as that resets all kinds of stuff. DDU's option to block driver installs will work and stay put otherwise.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  20. neuropuff

neuropuff New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    This may be a niche use case, but I have a CPU with poor single-threaded performance and have noticed improved input latency with HAGS on. Maybe not useful for systems with gaming CPUs, but I think it can be beneficial on CPU bottle-necked systems.

Cave Waverider likes this.