Confirmed: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12GB Gets Spotted in Transit

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    The remainder of the cards are on the Evergiven and stuck in Suez....sorry I had to :p

2. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    You most likely ordered the cheapest card that everyone else ordered. Classic :D
    The queue on cards like Asus Tuf non oc and Gigabyte gaming is pretty high.

3. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    Being from Louisiana I can tell you 2 things. The first is "LA" is typically Los Angeles and "La" is Louisiana. Second, we have very few PC shops here so I doubt they are going to Louisiana.

Airbud likes this.
  4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    really ? best quality per dollar cards are the most bought ones ? you are some fortune teller.
    I should've paid an inflated premium on the inflated premium they're asking on supreme/rog in addition to the premium they're charging on msrp already.cause that is what reasonable non noobs do.

the queue isn't that high.the problem is that they're getting few units.i'm getting updates from time to time,so I know what the situation is.
    you,however,are the definition of ignorance.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Keitosha and Solfaur like this.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Hah good question. Usually when there's no context, LA means Louisiana. However, Los Angeles is usually where imports from Asia go first when distributed throughout North America.

<tangent>
    I've found this sort of thing to be common, where you hear a name and if you don't know the context, it's probably the place that's more populous/popular. A few examples come to mind:
    "Bay Area"
    Memphis
    Paris
    NE (New England or Nebraska)
    Berlin
    Belgrade
    Hell
    Vancouver
    And then there are places where it can be ambiguous:
    Cambridge
    Georgia
    Colombia/Columbia
    Olympia (if the context is of modern times)
    Portland
    and of course, "LA"

There's an obvious pattern here, where much of these places are found in the US, but that's to be expected when you consider the immigrants who brought the names. Much of the "old world" already has established names, and where they don't, their citizens are relatively homogenous so you're not going to get much this kind of confusion between them.

</tangent>

6. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Dude, there's something seriously wrong with your attitude. While you may be Mr. Moneybags (congratulations), unfortunately the rest of us plebeians, even those who are enthusiasts, aren't wiping their arses with 500 euro bills just yet, especially in this economic climate. It's rather obvious gamers are going to order the most affordable GPU that meets their needs and requirements - i.e. the cheapest ones. Why don't you go back to your mansion on your private island and keep overclocking that 11900K.

7. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF
    Pointless if it only nerfs 50% of the efficiency, has to do a lot better than just -50% performance, more like 90% or all.

8. Kevin cobley

Kevin cobley Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070
    Yet another phoney launch by the NVidia scam team, the handfuls of cards produced are all given to company executives to sell on the black market for 5 times the retail price.

Legacy-ZA likes this.
  9. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    The queue on all the cards are high and almost none have even moved past the first HOUR of queue signups let alone day. I signed up for every queue possible like four hours late because I was busy with other things and im still years out from getting a card according to evga queue spreadsheets. And yes I was F5ing the 3080 launch by the second, most retailer sites crashed and only a lucky few got any before it was sold out within seconds. Meanwhile ive been able to order two PS5s and three Xbox series X pretty easily, but can not compete with bots because a lot more money is on the line for GPU scalpers/miners.

I ended up ordering a premade with a 3070 in it for $1200 over a month ago, HP was supposed to ship it last week but no updates for it either. Who knows how many more weeks it will take for that to ship. Its a really crappy premade too other than the GPU, but the GPU alone is $1300+ on eBay so at least it comes with a system I can use for something else (omen Ryzen 3500, 8GB RAM) for "free" considering scalper prices.

10. WickedMONK3Y_ZA

WickedMONK3Y_ZA Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3090 OC
    The rest of the images of this shipment are on Tech Powerup. They just look a little off, could be doctored somehow or could be legit. Hard to tell as the labels have various cards including 3090, 3080 Ti etc. This card has been rumoured for ages so time will tell.

The MS V389 model range shows it as being the MS-V389: 3080 SUPRIM / GAMING X TRIO / VENTUS 3X with the variance being the last part of the model number. 3080 Suprim being V389-006, Ventus 3X being V389-017 and Gaming X Trio being V389-016, so it is very plausible that the V389-059 (V389-150) as pictured could be a 3080 Ti.

The more important question is when any of normal person can actually get stock to buy.

11. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Nvidia seems to sell directly to Chinese miners while they pretend to be the friend of the gamer by restricting mining on certain cards. Id rather be able to mine no restrictions and be able to recoup some of the cost. A 3070 was supposed to be a $499 card not $1200.
    I suspect queues arent moving because oems are selling direct to miners as well and keeping very quiet about it. No way they want to sell for MSRP when they know they can sell for +50% direct to miners instead so they have financial motive to find a way and keep quiet since it would be bad PR if it was public. Evga announced an increase of MSRP and I bet the queue will magically start moving after that takes place.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nice myth, no evidence yet perpetuated everywhere.

13. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070Ti TUF

I can't even go for the pre-built option/route here in South-Africa, they are all previous-generation GPUs and are nowhere near MSRP. Meh.

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I ordered an EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming day one from my local PC retailer and also registered to be notified on EVGA.com for the same card and the regular Gaming version before that (still in queue there). Still nothing.

That said, I'm lucky that I was able to buy my 3090 Strix OC for well below MSRP when I walked into a local electronic chain store looking for ink refill bottles for my printer when they had around 20 boxes of them as well as the TUF variant (which curiously was priced around €20 higher than the Strix) stacked up just before the pandemic lockdowns hit in November, otherwise I still wouldn't have a 3xxx card either, as there has been virtually no availability of Nvidia 3xxx cards nor Radeon 6xxx cards at fair prices around these parts since (I've been monitoring the availability to get a card for my brother - some lower-end 3xxx series cards, mainly Zotac were in stock at various retailers here and there for more than double the MSRP over the months, but that's hardly worth buying). I wish I had grabbed another one for my brother back then.

Hopefully the 3080 Ti will be more readily available at fair prices so everybody that wants one can get them without them costing too much.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    cucaulay malkin likes this.
  15. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    nvidia can't claim there are historic shortages and then announce they sold a record amount of cards to gamers.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes they can.

17. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    i mean yeah,if you're nvidia.
    you can claim 50% of ampere cards sold are under 300usd too.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    New title next week:

Confirmed: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12GB Gets LOST in Transit.

aka directly shipped to miners.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Figured as much but I'm always eager to hear arguments for this type of train of thought... for entertainment purposes.

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yes they can. If last year this time you sold 300, but this year there are 700 orders and you can make 500, there are both shortages and record amounts of sales.

Astyanax likes this.