Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Well i have enough play time to agree 100% with you.
    Too bad , Origins and Odissey were pretty good games, Valhalla seems unfinished and lazy in every way.

2. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    lol wut... The combat in Valhalla is better in every way, more variation and more interesting moves. Not to mention the graphics are better, and the mechanics with the ship combat were certainly more interesting than anything since Black Flag. I think what you meant to say is "Valhalla is better in almost every way". Literally every reviewer pretty much agrees with this too. Wtf you guys smoking.

RodroG likes this.
  3. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Combat is clunky and the skills tree and abilities are a joke.
    The only thing in graphics better is the lightning, but hideous pop op textures are very hard to ignore.
    The world and character are lifeless, its common to see npc just waiting for you to to come closer to start doing something.

I could nt care less what reviewers say or think. It´s ok that some people love the game, and can see a more satisfying experience in it the Odyssey, but for me its miles away from the fun of Odyssey.

Witcher29 and sunkid like this.
  4. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Must you really behave like a 12 yrs old and insult or turn aggressive towards people that have other views than yours?

Valhalla is the most casual, simple, unoptimized game out of the last 3 AC games.

But when Origins and Odyssey had interesting history, culture, style, beauty through their characters and worlds, Valhalla has some uncultured barbarians pillaging lands that don't belong to them. One of my first missions in England was to pillage a monastery. Really?! I saw children and people running away while I was approaching the massacre place. Am I suppose to feel like a hero now?

Looking beyond the pretty shell it is a flawed concept of morality. It's also devoid of soul, meaning or motivation to push forward.

There: my opinion that I do not force on anyone.

Grimbarian and pedropaulo like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your morality is a concept created by abrahamic religion to control the population.

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Combat is terribly unbalanced and the worst of any Assassin's Creed I've played, especially out of the last three, put the difficulty on max in Origins or Odyssey and even 1 or 2 enemies are a decent challenge, put it on max in Valhalla and you can single handedly destroy a whole legion or enemies or single handedly raid a whole town alone (until of course you discover you're incapable of opening a treasure tomb in a church on your own)...

pedropaulo likes this.
  7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I don't like the fact its far easier to just storm in and killing everybody than actually using hiding in crowds to prepare for a raid.

I appreciate they actually added stealth tactics for old times sake but without much purpose.

pedropaulo likes this.
  8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    The combat in origins and odyssey is much more satisfying to me. Also the lighting is "slightly" better in valhalla, but I think you are dazed and confused by all the lush greenery in the game which by default makes a person think something is beautiful.

This is the worst AC I've played so far. The world is lifeless, the NPC's are boring and I have no desire to explore. At least origins and odyssey had/has charm and the landscapes are really well done and gave you a sense of vastness even if they are smaller games (not sure).

It's ok to agree or disagree towards someone's opinion. At least be a little classy about it.

9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    what else did you expect from a viking game ? a needlepoint club simulator ?
    if this game is raiding monasteries with an axe for treasure i need it asap

and if think you're being so morally right,then explain how all this treasure ended up among christian monks.could it be cause religion is a scheme to exploit stupid people.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    You mean like your 12 year old review of a game widely accepted as the best of the series? It's like being ignorrant for the sake of it. It's cool to hate on things that are popular, thats what all the kids do these days.

11. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    That is no true, either for fans or reviewers.
    Even if you are talking just from the last 3 games, for me, and a lot of people, that unlike you believe, they dislike "because its cool", its the least accomplished .

Again, i understand how some players, don't care if the majority of them or not, like this game and i´m fine with it.
    For me however the bright of Origins and Odyssey eclipses Valhalla completely.

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Origins/Odyssey combat was way better. Also, they should improve LoD because it's terrible. AnvilNext needs to die already.

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    This.

14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I got so excited whit you guys talking about viking raids on monasteries that I bought the game instantly even though I kinda had enough of AC having played Origins and Odyssey,both excellent games,especially Odyssey.

[​IMG]

Turanis likes this.
  15. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Sorry. The game is like a hamburger - looks great when you're kinda hungry but with each bite it gets kinda stale and leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. 1 hour later you're hungry again.

cucaulay malkin likes this.

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    all i'm asking for is cool weapons and loot,a big ass map to explore and a little brutality in combat.
    i know i'm not exactly getting a faberge egg of story telling with ubisoft.

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Big map. Check
    Brutality in combat. Check
    Cool weapons...errrr

18. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    If anyone's still having flickering and flashing in the graphics here's what got rid of it for me: Turned on sharpening in Nvidia control panel (both sharpening and grain at about 0.40 or higher, GPU scaling unchecked) and turned off DOF & turned off FPS limit in game menus.

There are so many different so called solutions out there and mine's not necessarily any better. It gets to the point where it's like to fix it you have to turn of DOF or whatever setting while eating a bowl of plain grape nuts or some other silly off the wall suggestion.

Passus likes this.
  19. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Well they have announced that one hand swords will be available via patch so that's good news. I don't like weilding a 2 hander with 1 hand, looks awkward.

20. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    While waiting for the DLC if anyone doesn't know Stonehenge is in the game already, it is and it looks great like the real one. I feel like an idiot not knowing all this time it's present in all its cool visual wonder with its name printed right on the map. West of Lunden roughly halfway between Lunden and the west coast. Happy exploring unless its old news.