Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    getting crashes with AC Valhalla with this driver
    I need to apparently reset all settings in the nvidia control panel and apply G-sync. Which gives me a crap amount of ghosting in game. No more crashes bit looks like shyte
    Ac Valhala, Doom Eternal and Mudrunner. Those are the 3 games I am playing at the moment
    RTX3080
    Asus Rog XG279Q gaming screen

2. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    is anyone else havinng problems running some games, where by some games work and some games dont work.

for instance, gears of war 5 i cant get to work at all, for some reason the game can not detect a complatible graphics card *3090 here* and runs in software renderer only ??? WTF

and resident evil 7 RE engine works perfect and starts up perfect
    but i try to load res evil 3 RE engine and it spits out a error when trying to load : D3D12CreateDeviceFailed

if i go into the res evil 7 config file and change dx12 to dx11 the game boots up no problem, but it never use to do this it would boot up in dx12 no problem....

all these issues started happening when i changed driver to rebar enabled driver and flashed bios on card to rebar something is screwing with graphics card detection within windows 10 as some games cant detect my graphics card and others do and work
    its very strange

EDIT: 470.14 solved all my problems.
    there is definatly game gpu detection issues with this 465.89 driver and i DDU`d the driver and reinstalled multiple times same issue, some games work some dont due to games not detecting card.

470.14 all issues fixed :eek: wtf lol

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  3. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Metro exodus freezing/crashing DX12.

Turned monitor off, when turned back on rainbow colours reverted back to 461.92.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Your issue is you are using a windows insider build and GFE overlay or filters currently breaks D3D12 detection.

These problems don't exist in the stable or beta channel.

Herochild likes this.

5. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090

I was getting crashes in AC Valhalla as well, turns out that with the Re-Bar BIOS and these drivers my overclock is unstable, but in saying that my boost clocks are way higher than they were before, so with the +100Mhz overclock it was boosting my RTX 3090 XC3 Hybrid to 2100Mhz,, removing the oc seems to have it stable, card is boosting to 1980Mhz through the entire game, way over what the it used to boost to, I barely saw 1800Mhz.

Not bad for a card that's stock gpu clocks are 1725Mhz with a 366w power limit, just odd everything changed with a BIOS and Driver update.

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    RizaBLE BAR Is not activated in my system yet, I checked and don't think so.
    So possible clock reduction might help?
    But the crappy ghosting??

7. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    On the topic of Re-Bar (especially for those who are global enabling it), there have been more than a few people out there saying that it is making a previously rock solid OC a little twitchy. Dialing back your CPU or Ram timing a skitch seems to fix it right up.

Hopefully Nvidia just gives us a 'per app' toggle for Re-Bar, like any new feature the community will figure out where it helps or hurts.

8. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    I've found that my previous GPU overclock was unstable, only because the card is boost higher than the previous BIOS.
    Could be EVGA's tweaking of the Hybrid BIOS, the previous BIOS was slapped together for the Hybrid kit and it wasn't very good at all.
    Basically for me anything above stock clocks are unstable, even Precision X1's auto overclock feature is giving me a oc of +20Mhz, where prior it would recommend +100Mhz.

3D Mark benchmark results are lower due to the card downclocking lower on them (around 1755-1850Mhz), but Re-Bar games maintain a steady 1925Mhz-1980Mhz.

I don't mind if the card is stable, I'm not a score chaser, I generally use 3D Mark for a stability testing, which can't be used for that at the moment, Re-Bar enabled games seem to be more reliable for stability testing now...;)

9. Hunti2k

Hunti2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    First of all: Newbie here and happy to join your community! Hello to all :)

On the 465.89 drivers I have big problems (~30-50 fps drops, depending on the game + micro stutter every 5-10 secs) with GSYNC + forced VSYNC through control panel.

It worked OKish (better fps but still regular micro stutter in some games) when I disabled VSYNC in Control panel, but far away from the perofmance I had with 461.92 or lower. Disabling VSYNC & GSYNC on my LG BX also leads to the same problems.

Rolling back (right now Im on 461.40) is the only real solution to solve the problems. Everything works well here again.

Thx for heading in, maybe someone with the same experiences?

@ManuelG: Could you please have a look into this issue. RTX 3080 Laptop user here. Thanks!

10. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Yea how is the latency with this driver?still worst then 457.51?

11. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    On the 980 GTX the latency is better than the 461's albeit still higher than the 457. Performance is also much worse in Warzone :)

Will try on the RTX 2070 super this week

AsiJu and ReaperXL2 like this.
  12. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Can you start a different thread and share your result?

Something like "ReBAR improvement (or lack of) in games not officially supported".

I can try some older games with built in benchmark too (Rise of the Tomb Raider, FarCry 5, Middle earth: Shadow of War)

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It has a whitelist, in non-supported games it seems disabled.

14. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I can reproduce 100% on my pc, and my wife's pc.

He can reproduce the issue on two systems. It is amazing that if you had only read that, you would not have embarrassed yourself again.
    I apologize to the admin, but why is this allowed for so long?
    He's still at it despite being 100% in the wrong:

15. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    You can enable it with Nvidia profile inspector.

"In NVIDIA Profile Inspector, in the toolbar, enable "Show unknown setting from NVIDIA Predefined Profiles"

Now if you browse any game in NVIDIA Inspector in the Unknown flags at bottom, look for the following lines: 0x000F00BA, 0x000F00BB and 0x000F00FF.

For games that are whitelisted these flags will probably be already enabled, for other games the value will be 0x00000000. You can flip it to 0x00000001. The third flag 0x000F00FF needs to be set to 0x0000000040000000"

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-pci-express-resizable-bar-performance-test/27.html

Neo Cyrus likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You need to look at "Both" his systems specifications.

Also your reproduction on your hardware isn't relevant to his reported issue on his hardware, there are other causes of ReBar introducing oddness that are specific to systems themselves (Riser errors, a ****** up pcie controller, user modification of what core processes the interrupt of a particular driver) and that users with the same components also running the game (and youtubing it) without the stated issue indicates other aspects than just the driver are at play. As they always do but people want nvidia to fix issues with a crystal ball..... look how that turned out for microsoft and its telemetry based QA.

a good majority of the those reporting fps drops across all games in the driver on the geforce forums simply had to restart the pc.....

Heres that video again, of the 5950x that isn't stuttering and dropping fps across any games, which is in contrast to moab600's experience where the same cpu and a 3090 does drop fps in some of them.

Rather than being disabled, the default behavior for unwhitelisted games is that transfers are limited to 256MB.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Welcome!

PrMinisterGR and Hunti2k like this.
  18. Hunti2k

Hunti2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Any tipps, thoughts or experiences from you all?

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If you have none of the mentioned problems with older driver then very likely a bug in this driver and not much you can do I think.

Might even be specific to your laptop / GPU / display combination.

If you want to try one more time, clean erase with DDU and then install 465.89.

20. Hunti2k

Hunti2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    Thx for your reply.

Already tried a clean install with DDU, didnt change anything, still the same problems.

So I guess I need to wait for a Hotfix or new driver release and hope problems are gone.