NVIDIA RTX Voice can now be officially usable on all GeForce GTX graphics cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    XP-200 likes this.
  2. kcajjones

kcajjones Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 470 1.28GB
    Did this ever actually use Tensor cores or was it always just using the cpu?

chinobino likes this.
  3. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    GPU hit on this is sometimes insane on both GTX and RTX card.
    Also the filter is not that great, the voice is much quality, and if you'are in noisy place with plenty of cars, people etc then expect the quality drop even more it's gonna sound like early 96kbps mp3 from black market

insp1re2600 likes this.
  4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    As expected.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not seeing any changes here,been using it today for ms teams,gpu runs downclocked.
    voice quality goes a little down at times,but the way it blocks all background noise is absolutely amazing.
    the way I use it is turn it on when I need it,e.g. I'm typing something while talking or there's some noise at my house.it also does a great job of clearing other people's hissy mics.

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i will take 96kbps voice over my buddy's mechanical keyboard and his kid screaming in the background any time of the day ALWAYS ! ok the kid is not screaming but is a loud kid XD

pharma and cucaulay malkin like this.
  7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    absolutely.
    if you have to do several hours of conferencing every day like I do you'll understand how greatly it helps.
    also,the quality only drops at times when the background noise is very,very pronounced.
    when I tested with normal house noise of people doing stuff in the background,keyboard clicking etc. there was no difference.frankly it sounded better,the voice was clearer.
    and clearing people's mics,ho-ly-crap.

yeah right
    maybe it did,but the same way g-sync needed a module.

Venix likes this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    That goodness for that as in no way was i spending time modifying entire RIVERS to get this to work on my GTX. :p

9. Ojref

Ojref Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900 XTX
    What an absurd and obtuse solution to a long-ago solved problem. Nvidia needs to focus on correcting their own driver CPU utilization issues, long-standing bugs that haven't been resolved in months-years of driver iterations, and getting product to market long before worrying about processing voice on a graphics card.

10. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    how was it solved ?

theoneofgod and Venix like this.

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I would like to know that as well.

theoneofgod likes this.
  12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Me three

Venix likes this.
  13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    One file in installer had to be edited. And part that prevents installation on non-RTX cards had to be commented out.

I did download GTX package, and checked that file. Parameter is just commented out. It even installed on my system :)
    And funny thing is that virtual devices were created and were selectable via standard "sounds" menu in windows. Application refused to do detailed config.
    There is reddit thread where people claim it works with AMD. But I am not into testing feature I do not need since there are free solutions doing similar things and only place where I use actual smart noise removal is Discord which has crisp.

If I would be into it, I would look for whitelist that prevents configuration in nVidia's app.

14. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I gave it a try, it's hot garbage. Was cutting my voice off from the input and clipping legitimate audio out from the output.

15. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    i used broadcast recently and it was pretty amazing. However i noticed while active, it would also push the gpu clock to max core..

16. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    I've used it, and while the quality of my voice is lost somewhat, it does completely remove my loud keyboard from my yeti mic. HOWEVER, it seems to always screw up and the sound goes completely ear rape to my friends in Discord. I've had it installed twice and uninstalled it both times because of this. Maybe I'll try one more time.
    3800x/1080ti/SB AE-5 sound card.

17. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yes,that is what it does. it's called rtx voice.
    it's not necessary to have it on all the time,but once someone starts talking to a hissy mic with background noise it does wonders,in that you can clearly understand them while you couldn't before.and people are a**holes,working from home everyday,yet they don't care to get a half decent mic and ensure at least some sort of noise isolation.I consider it basic decency towards your colleagues,yet so many don't have it.
    so I'm not gonna b**ch about this feature like so many people in this thread,it only tells me they just don't need it,in which situation they should consider themselves lucky.
    then it's more of a hack than a solution

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In a way, yes. But even old versions could be installed when this param got disabled. It was low effort disablement of install done by nVidia. And since community was installing it anyway, they took low effort route again, and just commented off that part in "GTX Install" package.

Easy way to give RTX feeling of exclusivity. Easy way to enable it for everyone again.