EU countries blocking vaccines, why are they continuing this?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mufflore, Mar 16, 2021.

1. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Just showing their true colours the bloc. Glad we are out and good riddance.

Stay safe everyone.

DannyD likes this.
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    UK trial of Oxford vaccine on children paused as regulator probes rare blood clots in adults

A trial of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID vaccine on children in the UK has been paused while the medicines regulator investigates a possible link between the jab and rare blood clots in adults.

https://news.sky.com/story/uk-trial...gulator-probes-blood-clots-in-adults-12267780

---------------------------------

Official: EU agency to confirm AstraZeneca blood clot link
    A top official at the European Medicines Agency says there's a causal link between the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine and rare cases of blood clots, but he says the benefits of getting the vaccine still outweigh the risks

Based on the evidence so far, Cavaleri said there's a clear association between the AstraZeneca vaccine and the dozens of rare blood clots that have been reported worldwide amid the tens of millions of AstraZeneca shots that have been given out.
    “It is becoming more and more difficult to affirm that there isn’t a cause-and-effect relationship between AstraZeneca vaccines and the very rare cases of blood clots associated with a low level of platelets,” Cavaleri was quoted as saying.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireS...-confirm-astrazeneca-blood-clot-link-76899175

Fox2232 and Mufflore like this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Stay safe brother.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This really worries me TBH

first there was no link, and now suddenly there is.

to me that says, the benefits are that someone makes a lot of money on astrazenica, and its hard to back out of it now.
    apparently the janssen/janssen vaccine is based on this, so it has the same risk involved.

I'm glad my mother was scheduled for pfizer, and I still have to see what they have in store for me. I might end up not taking it, if these lies continue.

5. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    I don't mind if the risk is 1:100.000 or 1:1.000.000 - will get my vaccination next week and don't bother which type it is.

Mufflore and DannyD like this.
  6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The UK regulator eventually found 30 cases in 18 million jabs, of those 7 died.
    Equating to a 1 in 600,000 risk of getting a blood clot and 1 in 2.5 million chance of dying from one.
    Thats pretty damn low compared to the death rate from COVID, and now health services are aware of the issue, that death rate should reduce.

There appears to be a link with those who have more active immune systems which is why testing on children has been paused until the risk is assessed.
    Even so, under 45s are up to 35 TIMES more likely to die of Covid than develop a CSVT. Those older have even less risk of developing a CVST and a higher risk of dying from COVID.

If a different mfr jab isnt available it doesnt make sense to delay because of this unless you have a specific condition that merits concern.

ps
    What lies?

AsiJu and zipper like this.
  7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The sentence: the benefits of getting the vaccine still outweigh the risks - makes little sense tbh. Benefits for whom? Risks for whom?
    EMA clarifies this:
    The benefits of the vaccine continue to outweigh the risks for people who receive it.
    Which is true in statistical sense and for an overwhelming majority. But not generally true, because people received it, and subsequently died. There is no outcome worse than this. a) there was no benefits and b) the risk turned out to be fatal (assuming that the vaccine is the culprit, which might or might not be the case)
    Which I guess is the reason why they usually communicate the shortened version: The benefits of the vaccine continue to outweigh the risks. With the unspoken assumption that public at large is the subject of benefits and risks. Is it true for ppl with thrombocytopenia, i.e. low levels of blood platelets - I don't know. I don't know if experts know this.

Problem is that procedures and practices are being developed as we speak, right in front of us. And the same goes for science and scientific consensus. Is why it all often seems hectic and unprincipled - the debate is ongoing.
    And the same goes for everything COVID-19. We are well versed in solving same or similar problems on a daily basis. And more often not even solving problems but merely following well established procedures. Which is simply not the case with COVID-19. Nothing about it is just another day in office, or in institute for that matter. There are no COVID-19 gurus in whose steps we can safely follow. Everyone is in a learning phase.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Risks have nothing to do with mere numbers. They are directly connected to pre-existing conditions of vaccinated individual.
    Same applies to risk of death as consequence of getting c19.

There can be chance 1:10,000,000 to die. And one entire bloodline may go extinct because they matched conditions.

Brasky likes this.