The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    CD Projekt is not tired of winning. Between an updated Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk I can't see myself playing any other games for the next couple years. And when Cyberpunk goes online, goodbye real world.

angelgraves13 and cerebus23 like this.
  2. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    a suggestion for anyone that completed the game, and still not sure he had enough :

this morning i entered my last save from Nov 19, and started exploring the maps. i noticed that even after i finished tons of side quests and doing all the Witcher diagrams up to Grandmaster,
    some question-marks on each area are bringing a new quest. so far some of em are just repetitive hidden treasure or bandit quests, but i discovered two brand new ( one in Velen, one in Skellige )
    small quests that were so damn GOOD. i have plenty more to open mostly in Skellige, and i can already see that most of em are in the sea so its probably hidden chests. but still, i have a purpose now to finish every open question-mark in the game. it's been around 4 months now that i work from home and i think it's gonna be a while till our company will release us back to our offices, so spared time doing stuff like these is a positive thing. just to be clear here, it takes a while to do it if* you decide to give up on fast-travel. i am doing everything this way, with the exception of fast-travel between Skellige\Velen\Novigrad\Toussaint.. the music, the sunsets.. fast-travel in this beautiful game is a waste.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    AsiJu likes this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I reaaally should finish my playthrough... haven't done all campaign main quests let alone touched the DLCs.

Somehow got burnt out by it all, the game is too massive!

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well, there you go :)

Link

AsiJu likes this.

5. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well i would argue over this. i think the entire main story and the majority of the story-based side quests are almost flawless, so the length of the game was not even an issue for me.
    after spending hundreds of hours on it, i found only the search for Dandelion to be tedious and annoying. that quest was like chewing a giant gum for 2 hours.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    once i hit the bloody baron quest then i could barely stop playing for 1.75 playthroughs, started over to get the ciri ending i wanted.

hearts of stone holy hell

and blood and wine has some amazing stuff.

to play em for the first time again...

Repo Man and coc like this.
  7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I just re-installed TW3 after not playing it for years. On my new rig, it really runs fantastic.

...but the movement. I don't recall it being quite so bad. Even set to "alternate". I wonder if the game running so smooth now has really highlighted how janky the keyboard movement feels (to me). Or maybe it got changed in a patch. Or I'm just losing it. Or something is wrong on my end. The mouse movement feels fine, it's just the keyboard movement. It's making it hard to get back into it. It actually feels better using a gamepad, but I'd rather use the mouse/keyboard.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Don't worry, just use the controller. It works, works well, and the game feels like it's been made for that kind of input.
    You can mod it, of course, but with a controller it feels really smooth at 60fps. With a mouse? Not so much.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    You get used to it. I've played through this game twice, so probably have over 200 hours of playtime. The keyboard movement feels like second nature to me now :D

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well I was gona have PS4 copy of witcher 3 complete but Gamestop provided to be pull the same crap So i returned it store and from online order to never have business with them again, gona have to find the game on sale else where new

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I just bought it from the ps store for £6.50 game of the year edition.

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone know if it runs better on ps5

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Don’t think there is any benefit to playing it on PS5, except faster loading. Still a 30fps lock, but there will be a PS5 enhanced and free update someday. They just need to fix CP2077 first, which shouldn’t take long..

boodikon likes this.
  14. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    CDProjekt isn't working on the "next-gen remaster". It's 100% outsourced to Saber Interactive who also handled the Switch port for CDPR.
    There's absolutely no ETA on it nor any information on what it'll do or contain in specific so far.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Didn't know that, thanks!

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I see what you did there.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you think the ps4 version I bought digitally on my ps5 will be upgraded.

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I suspect we're all gonna have to pay for this seeing as it's basically a full overhaul from a different studio.

19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It was already confirmed to be free for existing GOTY owners.

And i would bet it's far from "full" overhaul, probably scope of changes is narrowed to implementing "some" sort of raytracing, most likely based around consoles and their capabilities + design of base game which didn't account for eg. reflections in cutscenes possibly showing stuff outside actual camera shot.
    Beyond that there will probably be "fast load" support for consoles and that's that. We'd be lucky if Prologue intro and Skellige cutscenes get replaced with original in-engine cutscenes and that's about it.

DannyD likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    DannyD likes this.