3080 Owner's thread!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Syranetic, Sep 17, 2020.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Has anyone received new bios to enable BAR??? It's mid March and nothing.

2. ern88

ern88 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    Hopefully vendors will release the new VBios between now and the end of the month. Wish Nvidia would say if they are going to support resize BAR on the Ryzen 3000 series CPU's. .

3. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
  4. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Nope, I am still waiting as well, every day check Bios Update for my Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3080 Vision OC 10G but nothing yet.

5. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    haha I just checked as I do daily for my Strix 3080 but no vbios yet. Hoping soon!

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ewww, light mode.

shoot surroosh or manuel a pm to get it unhidden.

Resizable Bar will be available on Zen 1,+ and 2 as long as bios updates that offer the feature are installed.

7. PC-Tweaker

PC-Tweaker Member

GPU:
    3080 Trinity Zotac
    Sure, I actually did the test after I saw your post (with Control and Cyberpunk @1440p @165hz) and you were indeed right on it: The gap does get bigger with higher gpu loads (higher resolution)

Cyberpunk:
    upload_2021-3-17_22-28-36.png

Control:
    upload_2021-3-17_22-29-47.png

As you can see, I do get a 65-70Mhz difference between the "target" clock and the effective clockwith higer resolution (and loads). But the way I see it, as long as it can be butter smooth, I don't really care about those discrepancies ;)

Thanks for the comment Radical! With all the trials and errors I've made in countles hours of tweaking PC's, I try to chip in any advice if I see something that could have an impact, but like you said (and it's so true!), smallest detail can have a huge impact in our PC (gamer's) world in constant search of the holy grail of "stutter-free smoothness" ! And those 3080s brings us one step closer to it... ;)

8. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    @PC-Tweaker Did some more test with resolutions and refresh rates./

Nvidia Settings:V-sync ON/off ingame -3 max refresh rate.w/ Maximum performance per game profile.

1080p 165hz (native 1440p) Tests 160 fps limit LLM Off:
    Warhammer Totalwar 2LLM off:Battle map smooth.Campaign map minor frametime spikes still happen (gpu usage pretty high)
    Apex Legends:95% of micro stutters gone (Probably because GPU usage drops accordingly) Again suspecting the gpu can't probably hold high gpu usage properly so it micro stutters.
    Cyberpunk:Small frametime spikes while shooting still happen but have less impact when they happen then 1440p.(GPU usage is on the high side)

1080p 144hz test 141 fps limit:
    Warhammer Totalwar 2 LLM off:Battles map smooth and campaign map frametime spikes greatly reduced but still kinda happens.(still errattic gpu usage from going in circles in the campaign map)
    Apex Legends:Smooth
    Cyberpunk:Same as 1080p 165hz

1440p 165hz 160 fps limit:
    Warhammer Totalwar 2LLM off:
    the issue presented itself again.Halfway trough this test I switched to 1080p 165hz and started OBS(not recording,just in the background) and the issue also presented itself here in battle.Upon closing OBS the issue went away on 1080p but remained on 1440p.After closing the game and enabling LLM ultra it fixes the battle micro stutters (atleast 95% gone) but the campaign micro hitches remain.
    Apex legends:first run was somewhat smooth until the 2nd and 3rd game it started to happen again.LLM Ultra did not help.

1440p 144hz 140 fps limit:
    Warhammer Totalwar 2 LLM off : the issue presented itself again in battles
    Apex Legends:Much smoother then 165hz with the occasional very minor frametime spikes.Not as smooth as 1080p
    Cyberpunk:Minor frametimespikes still happen when shooting but smaller and can barely be felt.

1440p 120hz 116fps limit
    Warhammer Totalwar 2 LLM off:Battle is smooth'ish and in campaign the small frametime spikes happen less but still kinda there but very occasional.
    Apex Legends:Smooth
    Cyberpunk:Minor frametimespikes still happen when shooting but smaller and can barely be felt.

You never encountered such an issue?Either lowering the resolution/refresh rate seems to help greatly is what I'm getting from what I've tried.
    I don't think it's the monitor either because on another 1440p 144hz monitor it resulted the same as this monitor used for the testing.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    would assume if its enabled on the motherboard, you would be able to?

10. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Does anyone know how to generate a trace event? https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3507

Trying to fix an issue and got told to do a trace first.

I downloaded the kit(windows performance toolkit)>Ran cmd admin mode>log.cmd and I get this

[​IMG]

Bit confusing.Tried looking for a video on how to do one but there's not 1 video on how to do it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That looks like the old guide.

Here https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5167

no cmd line necessary

12. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
  13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    You can't run that command from the system32 folder, need to change directories. It says that in the guide but they don't put the command to change folders, which should probably be updated.

Do this command first in command prompt, to change directories: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\gpuview\"

14. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    No need.Im using the link astynax gave me.Much more straight forward.

Now lets see if we can get the issue solved :/

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    he mentioned the new guide to me on the 4th, not sure why hes still giving the old one out.

16. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
  17. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    How did you know which F-Version is the right one?

I found out how to be shure:
    1.) install Aorus Engine
    2.) open Aorus Engine. Go to Settings -> VGA there you will find your VBIOS Version in "F-Style" (e.g. F1).
    3.) download the right Version. You can use the following hint at the homepage:

You can only update to a VBIOS version of the same series.Visual C++2008 is required for this BIOS flash.
    If your VBIOS version is:
    F1, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F2-F9.
    F10, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F11-F19.
    F20, it can only be updated with VBIOS versions F21-F29.

found at https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/GV-N3080VISION-OC-10GD/support#support-dl-bios

In my case my VBIOS was a F1, so i needed to download and flash the Version "F3".

4.) please make a Backup of your current VBIOS before flashing

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Undying likes this.
  18. ern88

ern88 Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    Well, updated the BIOS on my ASUS TUF x570 plus wifi to the latest release. Upgraded the VBios on my MSI Ventus 3 RTX 3080 and drivers. Resize Bar works on my Ryzen 7 3700x.

DannyD likes this.
  19. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Working fine here

Attached Files:

20. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I get errors on that program but in NVidia panel it states Resizable Bar : Yes