AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 21.3.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    /\ thanks, so it's on my end, I would guess it's my screen again (5k via mst, two displayports)UE4 has a lot trouble with it.

2. thehippo

thehippo Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    In the last driver releases, I'm seeing an issue in Modern Warfare and Crysis when using HDR. My display becomes super dimmed and changing the brightness doesn't do anything. I have to turn HDR off in those games for it to be playable.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    what is yout windows version? winver.exe

4. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It doesn't matter. HDR was never permanently fixed, never will be unless MS brings the same HDR code and experience at base OS level like Xbox Series with Auto HDR next year. Doom is unplayable for example at my system with HDR, for the same reason as @thehippo .

Undying likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Hdr being such a deal breaker for me and my future monitor upgrade its sad knowing the state of it in windows. Maybe i should just stick to sdr for now and forget about it.

lukas_1987_dion and itpro like this.
  6. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It really depends on game itself or whatever windows with amd does. For example I have no issues with Vampyr and Horizon zero dawn. Both doom 2016 and eternal are buggy as the bottom hell. I cannot do much.

Undying likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A HDR issue is fixed in the April cumulative update at least, haven't looked into what's going on with 21H2 outside of some auto HDR discussions.
    Then for gaming there's D3D11 and D3D12 with HDR10 and what Microsoft does but also NVAPI and HDR and AMD's FreeSync2 HDR.

DOOM Eternal I would assume that under Vulkan it either goes into DXGI for HDR or it relies on extensions like AMD's for FreeSync 2 since I don't think Khronos have standardized any of this yet and the game would have the updated anyway if they do.
    I wasn't aware DOOM 2016 even had HDR support though, unless you enable it on a OS level and it somehow affects the game and how it gets displayed even if it's running on SDR mode.

Not entirely sure how the driver situation looks like either and then how it might branch for earlier hardware like the various issues ongoing for Vega and earlier possibly even RDNA various GPU driver resets and crashes with 21.3.2 now.

EDIT: Overly dark screens it seems is what's fixed for that OS update.

8. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I'll wait next cumulative update to see if there's any hope. At the moment, I enjoy Netflix and half of my games. Let's hope amd can figure this out even before Microsoft if possible.

passenger likes this.
  9. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    These drivers have given me some random crashes to desktop with my Vega. My system has been stable for months. Rolling back for now.

DanielRX likes this.
  10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    What application / game make it crash for you to the desktop?

reslore likes this.

11. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    Elder Scrolls Online. Graphics drivers crashed a couple times with Firefox too, with and without hardware acceleration, which was strange.

Rolled back to 21.2.3 and everything is okay for now.

HD64G likes this.
  12. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    Hmm strange at least here everything works 100% without problems ...

DannyD likes this.
  13. thehippo

thehippo Member

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    20H2 with latest patches

Thanks for the heads up!

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does anyone have stuttering in the UFOTEST?

It could take between 2-10 min. if it doesn't happen restart your computer and try again.

I have a laptop with 970m 75hz and it doesn't happen even once.

Amd 1950x
    6900XT

It's like the same issue Nvidia had.

https://www.testufo.com/animation-time-graph

It seems exactly what happens here is what happens to me in VR. Disabling the GPU device manager fix the issue instantly limiting it to 64 Hz but it doesn't happen. Even with the GPU enabled and I choose 60 Hz it still happens.

I remember there was no issue with the first driver's 20.x

Anyone have this weird issue the FPS with 4K and 1080p is almost the same??? What's the deal

Attached Files:

• 222.png
      222.png
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    NvidiaFreak650 likes this.
  15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    These drivers are seriously crap. since the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.12.1 Optional (WHQL) and one after maybe are the only drivers that work, every since the new ones there are issues. one for example is Microstuttering/FrameTime issue even in bloody browser!

No one can put their little finger and test this??? There is a FrameTime issue after random or interval of time, every time with the new drivers.

UFO Test: Browser VSYNC Animation Timing Precision Graph (testufo.com)

Zombie Army 4 doesn't see HDR from the TV with the new drivers, but it does with the old.

VR Stuttering Feast because of this issue! frametime issues all over the new drivers, old ones are working fine! WHY??

Very low FPS on many games from Assassin Creed origins to Just Cause 4 and Heroes of the Storm. Why???

Can anyone else check this?? It can't be only me because as soon I am using the old drivers it's fine, and also with the browser test as soon I disable the GPU Drivers there are no FrameTime issues. it's all the GPU Drivers plain and simple. You need to report this to AMD or it won't fix and it would become much worse!! Complain now or it'll be like Nvidia Frame Time issues took them ages to fix!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021

16. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    AMD Radeon software 21.3.1 and 21.3.2 has random stutter issues in all API, i post it on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/mjsdvv/confirm_stuttering_on_latest_radeon_driver/ and report it to AMD (bug report tool)
    as you can see the red line in the picture that the random stutter i get with Radeon driver 21.3.1 and 21.3.2 causing framerate to drop to 55fps at least two secs then stutters in Tell Me Why which can run 4K 60fps max setting.
    this happen with all games using OpenGL, Vulkan, DX 9,10,11 and 12 with 21.3.1 and 21.3.2, switching to Radeon driver 21.2.3 fix the stuttering and framerate drop.
    [​IMG]

No stuttering with UFOTEST with 21.2.3 but get stuttering with 21.3.1 and 21.3.2 in UFOTEST.

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    yes, GREAT, thanks for approving that. we need to spam them to fix these stupid issues, there are many more not just that

18. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    At the first moment when I tried it - yes, I had stuttering. But later when I switched off my "DisplayCAL Profile Loader" (a little program that keeps Windows ICC color profile active) the spikes/stuttering disappeared. I have tried 20.12.2 and 21.3.2 on my 6800XT - no difference.

I have stuttering (very low FPS) with "Black Mesa" with vsync on - when GPU load is low. The game has this issue with all drivers from this year.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    How long did you let it run? it can take about 5-7 minutes without doing anything.

Also, the whole point is that it shows it lags in a couple of places, but if it happens in one place, that's enough to know there is an issue.

20. MattStiles

MattStiles New Member

GPU:
    5600 XT / 6 GB
    Are you guys on high performance mode? Set performance mode seems to effect animation timing. Balanced is choppy, high peformance is fine 5min into the test. 20H2 21.3.2

Attached Files: