Battlefield 2042

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, May 29, 2020.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I think the train has left the station a long time ago unfortunately.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Battlefield has never been about stealth, it's all out war. Perhaps with smaller maps and modes it could play some role in giving you that COD feeling.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I know... it's why I still play Battlefield 2 and 2142 and not newer ones.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    They were working on ai soldiers last I heard which was over a tear ago now tbf, kinda like the first titanfall . Could be intresting in modes like operations and maybe even a practice type mode.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The AI in all the previous BF games were basic and not very interesting to fight. Half the time they get stuck somewhere. Honestly the single play campaigns are average at best. Probably have EA to thank for that.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hopefully they'll drop the singleplayer and focus on what matters.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That's never going to happen because it's used in every gameplay video to 'showcase' the game.

XenthorX likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What matters is that they go back to making proper Battlefield video games as apposed to following fads... Royal!.... *cough* sorry.. I just can't seem to get EA's 2018 E3 Battlefield V presentation out of my mind.. I mean... Battle Royal...

Battlefield games since the beginning have had the ability to play against bots, the thing DesGaizu mentions is actually pretty interesting.. I hope they implement it.

There is an official upload of this video but EA age restricted it so I will link this copy instead.

XenthorX and ShadowDuke like this.
  9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    I'm under NDA but who cares?

BF6 is going to be modern day and the single player is going to take place in NYC. American rebels vs. Eastern power occupation.

I'm glad it's going back to modern weapons. I hate BF5 and BF1.

They're never gonna make bf2143. :(

10. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)

This is way different from the trailer I was shown. They must have canceled it and buried it in the ground. Probably why we didn't get a new BF game last year.

11. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    This is the stuff that I dislike in COD and why I don't play it that much. You can run like the flash, run in silent mode, lightning sparks come out when someone kills you with a particular weapon I think? but you cannot just simply walk...I guess that's too far fetched of a concept. :p For me, the less stuff (perks, killstreaks, etc) there is, the more enjoyable it is. I guess that's why I stick to Insurgency.

Corrupt^ likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Same, if they got rid of that crap I would probably play CoD again.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    They can come up with self learning AI NPCs but are still incapable of coming up with anti-cheat software that can monitor player analytics and stats progression and ban players on the basis that they are clearly cheating. When you have a K/D ratio sitting in the 50 / 1 ratio chances are you're cheating. Not that I am saying players should be banned on a single stat alone but when you then take in to account that the last BF game I played also monitored over a dozen other player stats it's easy to spot people that are and aren't cheating.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Someone actually designed a plugin like that for BF4 servers, it backfired massively as loads of legit top players triggered it. It can work, but only if you seriously listen to input and know what's possible coming from really good players.

Though granted in some cases it's so blatantly obvious that it's not an issue. In BF4, if a player has 80% accuracy with an AEK during 1 frag, that shouldn't trigger. If a player however has 80% accuracy as its average stat on an AEK while having 100K frags with it... well yeah something's wrong there.

There's also people with legit 50/1 ratio's. Some top tier vehicle players come to mind, combined with a high tendency to focus on staying alive rather than kill hunting.

GoldenTiger likes this.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If a player has 100% accuracy with an ammo box then that should trigger a ban.

If you are killed with an ammo box while driving a tank? probably ban that ammo box player....

Or better yet if you are flying a jet and get killed by a one shot pistol head shot from across the map? probably ban that pistol player.

What EA could do is go after the cheat makers that are actually creating the cheats that affect EA games, like other studio's do.... but they don't, EA don't care, in EA's mind those are future customers, if they somehow get caught with the decrepit punkbuster or slightly less decrepit fairfight then those people are going to need a new game and by golly EA will be happy to sell it to them... EA don't care if they cheat in the new game of course, they just want the money from the sale.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    What if the jet pilot is not full hp and by sheer coincidence flies his head into a stray bullet?

You can't base a ban on 1 isolated case in an automated system tbh, you need more data points, aka consistent behaviour.

18. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Whilst anticheat is one of my top priorities, nothing beats a good old fashioned admin on the server to keep the game fair and competitive.
    The rounds players enjoy the most are the close ones. If you keep it close, the players stay, if it's wildly unbalanced they leave for a different server.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If you are like 1hp and it is a once in a million event then that is understandable, if it is at full health and happens every time you get in a jet then I don't know mannnnnnn seeeeeeeeeemmmms kindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss........................

Ahh yes, server admins.

chat message: I think lolraped69 is cheating he keeps shooting me in one shot with a pistol while I'm flying a jet.

*kicked from game with message lol get gud noob*

lol...

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Very much a possible thing if you have a balancer that uses accurate data. SPM, Accuracy and some vehicle stats of players to name a few (KD has some value, but as it increases there's diminishing returns... PTFO is a real thing ;) if you look at this stat). Spread your skilled vehicle & infantry players properly across both teams and it actually works pretty well (also something they tried with an experimental plugin and it felt fairly decent). Using Level as a metric however is pretty useless.

1 in a million event is still a 1 in a million possibility. If it happens every time you get in a jet however it becomes a measurable statistic and you can ban :p