GeForce 461.72 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Feb 25, 2021.

1. SEXGOD666

SEXGOD666 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 VISION
    I confirm that the upper part of the monitor with the previous driver is still flickering and this after turning on the PC .. after 15-20 minutes the flickering disappears .. the AG271UG monitor-gpu (RTX 3080 vision). I tried to turn off and turn on Gsync and also changed the cable .. the situation is not fixed and sometimes strains

2. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    congratulations
    pfff

3. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    Too bad about the RDR2 glitches, hopefully Nvidia fixes it soon. This whole ReBar thing, am I the only one who finds it a little smelly that Nvidia was shipping 3060 hardware with working firmware code probably six weeks ago now, but... The rest of us have to wait? What is their game? Obviously the implementation was already quite functional even on first release. Obviously they have had the means to allow the rest of the 3xxx line to be updated. Why the subterfuge?

I think the only answer that makes sense is that they are worried about the flashing process. Something about the myriad of manufacturers and unique models is resulting in problems, bricked cards. They are spooked, and still trying to figure it out. Is it flaky hardware? Shitty error code? CERN? There is no big release imminent that they would want to splash ReBar bar graphs in lumpy ropes across AMD's face for. They certainly don't mind beta testing other shady Frankenstein API's on their customers, telling us to bite down on the urinal cake 'cause they're going in dry with inception levels of hotfix drivers and whispered lies.

When our firstborn's corneas were only the down payment on the layaway plan to get on the waiting list for a 3080, BIOS flashing turns from being a shitty scratch'n'win to lifetime membership in a suicide death cult. Thunderstorms? Errant flocks of returning geese shorting out local powerlines? Amish terrorists? The Rapture? Digitized Covid-1984? I for one won't be risking my precioussss for three more frames per minute in Minecraft.

Oh who am I kidding, anyone have a dumped copy of a 3060 Bios I can h4x0r onto my card for those big gainz?

4. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    Only in need for the speed the run, and only the challenge menu is blurry with waves and unreadable font, this a new bug, it was fine before, I can't remember last time I played it, but it was fine before.

Not sure if I need to submit a screenshot, or not, cause I have no hope in NVIDIA and their drivers anymore, and not sure if this bug will not fixed.

Edit: Here I uploaded a video although I doubt it will be fixed even if NVIDIA looks into it
    https://imgur.com/a/Cp8P2iJ
    https://imgur.com/a/DO1cKWP

I just wanna say I remember last time I played it was fine, and it is only the challenge menu, all other menus are fine

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021

5. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    AMD said the same thing about their OWN products. In the end Zen 2 works fine with it.

If ones motherboard has an appropriate bios, it already shows rebar. There is zero chance NVIDIA will lock it to certain AMD processors, it doesn't make any sense. This is just a push to get people on zen 3 like AMD did.

What is nvidia gonna do? Explicitly prevent rebar from working because they dont have the competitions processor? I dont think so.

6. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Another Bios update for the mobo then? or not?

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I pulled up and put an AMD Driver engineer back in line about SAM/ReBar after i caught him misinforming the AMD reddit that Zen 2 couldn't support it.

I'm not going to say that AMD was definitely intending to mislead their customers and have them buy a new cpu... but...... I'm not going to say they weren't either.

The ones they just got already support it.

You've been asleep at the wheel mate. :D

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Nah, i have already updated in agesa 1.2.0.0 - i know there is a bar option

but you know this stuff is weird..now we wait for vbios for nvidia cards.

10. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    I can also report, that i have a msi x99s gaming 9 ack board with a i7-6850k and my board has since day one had the option for above 4g decoding. So any other msi x99 users there should check there bios

11. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Lots of X99 boards by other vendors have a toggle for Above 4G Decoding. The question remains if that's technically enough to enable Resize BAR or if we need a specific Resize BAR toggle as well (which I'm guessing).

12. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Almost any board with pci3.0 should be able to. Literally built into the spec by pci-sig since 2008. Marketing wise, I doubt they'll bother adding it to anything more than 5 years old, being generous.

That said, just wait a bit. Someone will almost certainly find a way to switch it on for a lot of people.

DannyD likes this.
  13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well I can report back that FreeSync is totally busted on this driver, I haven't gotten it working in a single game I've tried yet. Good job nVidia, quality driver as always, keep this up and you'll eventually reach AMD levels of legendary.

14. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    Nvidia has always been a little fast and loose with driver integrity, all these 'game ready' drivers are tailored for whatever company padded their pockets last week but in the past couple of years every release seems to break functionality with some major title from the recent past. RDR2 has been a perfect barometer to keep track of this, they pushed both Vulkan and DX12 to the bleeding edge and the game is *extremely* sensitive to any issues when support for API's has been tweaked to fit various 'needs'. The answer to this is 'per game' drivers, which really wouldn't be that hard to implement (Steam VR would sure benefit from this, to put it mildly), but it comes across as a clunky strategy and why we will never see it.

One thing that is becoming an ever growing blight on Nvidia is just how outdated the control panel has become. They refuse to wipe it out and start from scratch with some proper, modern code - not just for some much needed fresh functionality but for a UI design that meets the needs of n00bs as well as sperglords. This is why the profile inspector became so important, it allowed access to features that Nvidia felt were no longer necessary while not realizing they were crippling outlier needs. A perfect example of this is the control over power management 'per display output', which really screwed over a lot of people. We survived all the unique glitches associated with DX11 (fullscreen optimization, core/thread priority, administrator level access, overlay nightmares, alt-tab horrors, etc), but now we face a whole bunch of (still) fresh DX12 issues (fake fullscreen issues, more overlay nightmares, more core/thread issues, more/different alt-tab horrors, etc).

Unless Nvidia plans to hire UI designers from Discord, and kidnap Special K to fix the rest of their issues under the hood... We will be stuck with things the way they are for a good while yet. I just wish someone would come up with an app that could hot-inject unique driver builds onto individual games, but... Alas, poor Yorik...

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this guy.... acting like nvidia couldn't actually buy the the game companies.....

16. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    Hey, these cash injections are pure profit. The payoffs go in both directions, but let's not pretend that some game ready drivers don't cater to one engine while hurting performance/features in others. There isn't malice behind it, and I'm sure it is very tricky trying to juggle the unique quirks that various engines require. It would be nice if we could just go on blind faith and install every release with reckless abandon, but... Just another price to pay to stay on the edge of pc masterrace gaming.

17. blue_kid

blue_kid Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys, could you please tell me if it's safe to download and install the Resizable BAR BIOS for my GPU ( RTX 3090 Phoenix GS ) ?
    https://www.gainward.com/main/download.php?vgapro=1089
    My mainboard is Asus Maximus XI Hero, afaik, there is no support yet, for the Resizable BAR BIOS
    Please give me some advices, thank you

18. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    It's available the new game ready driver 465.89 WHQL

19. blue_kid

blue_kid Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What do you mean ??
    Do I need to install only the 465.89 driver, without the other VBios file ??

20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    No. You need a Mainboard BIOS that supports Resizable BAR (where you have to enable it), a VBIOS that supports it as well as a driver that supports it. There is no need to install/patch the vBIOS for Resizable BAR if your Mainboard BIOS doesn't support it and it might potentially lead to issues.