Intel Core i5-11600K processor review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Vidal6x6

Vidal6x6 Guest

GPU:
    Hd630
    Too much waste on energy can power 40 cores from dual 2698v4 why build this power hog

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I've yet to see power numbers in gaming
    so far in every review ive seen they're only reporting stress test/mt,and they are not only bad,they are scary for a six core.I wonder how much difference there will be in gaming.idle power consumption is way up too.some report as much as +15-20w extra power usage in idle

[​IMG]

found one on pcgh.
    20 game average,system power conumption in watts.
    yeah,i'm not touching this.+70w difference 10700 to 11700.
    seriously,if you wanna go with intel for a gaming system,10700,10850,10900 are still great options at current prices.They're efficient for home/gaming system too.This backport backfired.Performance is good,especially price/perf on 11600kf.But the power it requires.... It's acceptable on 11600 if you're gonna game and looking for a decent value option,but really,10th gen i9 is a better option than 11th gen i7.
    11th gen i9 shouldn't even exist.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Price in case of CPU is always platform price. That means one needs to have MB, adequate RAM and cooling solution. Then there is actual cost of ownership due to electricity.
    Let's say one uses it for 2 years only (to not penalize intel's higher power draw). You can calculate electricity cost difference in your country as you know approximate gaming time spent per day. And other workloads.

jura11 and cucaulay malkin like this.
  4. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    another reason to go with r3000 or 10th gen 8 cores.see the charts I posted above from pcgh.

10th gen
    very good gaming performance
    cheap, you can have an 8/16 for 260eur and unlocked one for 290eur
    very good power efficiency for gaming/home use desktop
    unlimited ram oc

r3000
    good gaming pefromance,adaquate for high refresh gaming though not the best out there
    still very affordable,280-310eur for 3700/3800 but both overclockable
    great power efficiency all round,slightly higher on desktop but within reasonable limits
    limited ram speed,but at this price point only 10th gen is better.11600 limited to 3600 in gear1 mode and 5600x starts at 320/330eur.

don't even mention electricity cost here.I nearly crapped my pants when I got the bill,there's been a +50% increase and more are coming.
    I'm thinking about a new,titanium/platinum psu,it'll more than pay off in 10-12 years time.desktop power draw is also very important to me,and there's nothing out there that sips less power on desktop than locked comet lake sku. I'm averaging below 10w package tdp in my normal work.

Fox2232 likes this.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    AMD did not release more economic (lower clocked) chips from Zen3 series. I wonder if they ever will.
    My guess is that instead of bigger price reduction over time, they'll release 5700X when 5800X sales start to tank. That way they will protect increased price tag.

AMD went for higher pricing because they had better chips. But "forgetting" to release more economical versions is bad for us.
    That all makes you right. Newest may be greatest, but not necessarily when all factors are considered.

If it was not for effect of C19, people would have their money priorities elsewhere. And those magical "Sold Out"s would not be all over internet for so many products.
    But that comes at price paid by other markets where people stopped pouring money.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  6. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    r7 5700x at 350 would be nice.

in the end,whether you like blue,red or green,you should spend your money accodring to your very own economic interest.

fredgml7, Airbud and Fox2232 like this.
  7. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    lmao I get better temps (at 5.0/4.8GHz) for prime95 stresstesting with AVX on my delidded 8700K from 2017.
    Yeah yeah AVX 512 I guess, yet, holy crap Intel, this is pathetic.
    It's hard to understand how these products can get a "Recommended" stamp. I know it's mostly symbolic and out of politeness, but the situations when one person should buy Intel are close to null in 2021, sorry.
    Last thing, I don't get the people that complain the Ryzen's are not in stock. I can constantly find them in Romania, and the prices, while high, are not that bad.
    294EU for both CPUs here. Both in stock. No issues.

Attached Files:

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Looks like i pushed my 4770K upgrade further, to Alder Lake.

Valken likes this.
  9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    might as well wait for zen 4

Valken likes this.
  10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    That i wonder. I think we will see Alder first. It might be game changer for Intel

11. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not for what I want from it

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    It would be good for market, best competition we ever had. With normal availability it is better wish for Intel success. Unless amd will continue intel path. Stagnation with high prices

13. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they'll continue to overprice new stuff,especially with lower nodes,memory and pci-e
    you've seen what amd did with r5000,and what intel did with rkl.expect more.
    if they are both good they will both sell in volumes,at big premiums.what has rdna2 competition brought ? first $1K amd gaming card ever.mid range at $500.
    you know what they say
    kurwa kurwie łba nie urwie.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No thanks, i had my experience with a 5800X, no more AMD for me.

15. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Your experience surley represents anything :D Please bro :)

It does not look well but at least we got bigest progress in CPU market ever, there is much more choice than ever was.

kurwa kurwie łba nie urwie -, No nie, jak juz ludzie przyzwyczaili, to nie sądze ze intel bedzie znacząco podcinal AMD jeżeli beda miec podobny produkt , jak Alder lake okaze sie hitem to pewnie dowala wieksza cene niz AMD za Zen3 sobie liczy teraz.

jura11 likes this.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    shhh... you might get firebombed. these guys are dead serious :D

My experience with AMD cpus, Durons, Athlons, Palomino, Barton, was disastrous on too many fronts. So when I finally switched to Core 2 Duo, it felt like finally having a proper platform.

Maybe it was me, maybe chipsets, maybe mobo, maybe RAID, maybe Windows (hmm yeah Linux was nearly indestructible) maybe the constellation of stars was not right. Like I managed to convert Athlon 850 into Duron. And when my Barton PC finally became stable, the mobo died on me. Think I lost 2 mobos during sleep mode. Sleep was like bleeding edge back then...

TheDeeGee likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Chipsets were the big problem with AMD,

SiS were all crap with broken integrated gpu's
    VIA couldn't make a AGP 8x controller that worked properly (across 4 chipsets (400, 400a, 600, 800) and i think it even had a problem with the AGP voltage at one point.

nforce 1 wasn't all that great, nforce 2 then ranged from great to mediocre because of component quality issues vendor to vendor (Asus had a great board but ****** it up using bad caps that burst/leaked), gigabyte had decent to average stuff but opted for decent caps),

and then whether certain CPU features were present and enabled were left up to those vendors (many boards didn't have Stop Grant, Halt or Bus Disconnect so your cpu was always running hot) then there was pci latency deviations from board to board because of some bords being cheaper and using longer trace routing than others (instead of more pcb layers).

Noisiv likes this.
  18. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    My last AMD CPU prior to X570 and 3900X has been Phenom X4 965 Black Edition and that CPU lasted a bit till I got X58 and i7-920 C0 then got D0, then went with i7-750 ans again to X58 and X5670 and X5690 lately went with 4790k(bug mistake, hated that CPU hahaha) and then X99 which was one of the my worst mistakes, got BSOD almost every day, didn't play nicely with mixed multiple GPUs etc

Currently I've X570 and 3900X, to the date didn't have one BSOD, RAM are working at 1800 FCLK with 3600MHz with 4x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ Neo 3600MHz and run previously there RTX 3090 with RTX 2080Ti Strix and Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP or rather 3*GPUs setup with 13*HDD's etc, right now I'm very happy and no issues to the date

If I return back to Intel, let's see, I'm in position to test multiple CPUs like 10900k or 8700k or 8086k or 9900k because I'm building PC for people or friends and comparing all the time

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Embra and cucaulay malkin like this.
  19. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    mu duron,athlon,athlon xp were pretty trouble free iirc

20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    At the price the 11600 goes ... In my eyes making the 10700 a default no brainer choice ! Is it just me ?

cucaulay malkin likes this.