Game Ready Driver WHQL 465.89 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Worked fine for me without issues.

2. Dreamic

Dreamic Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
  3. IIBaDsIIKiller

IIBaDsIIKiller Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti Ghost
    I did not find the update of my card to the Resize-Bar (RTX 3060Ti Ghost (GAINWARD)
    the BIOS that was made available with GALAX and only for cards (GAINWARD) from China?

4. SoulsCollective

SoulsCollective Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Tuf
    Had this same issue. Turns out their update tool will not work for users without GPU Tweak II or III installed. Nonsense.

5. OpenSystem

OpenSystem Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Nvidia Surround is broken with this driver, every time I reboot my PC the colors are extremely bright.

Turning surround off and on resolved this issue after boot.

Can anyone confirm if they experience this?

6. Brocius

Brocius Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    I like GeForce experience besides if I try it in the control panel, cyberpunk won't start either.

7. Brocius

Brocius Member

GPU:
    GTX 980TI
    What?

8. SoulsCollective

SoulsCollective Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Tuf
    Surround 3x PG279Q here - all looks normal to me. Colours look the same and none of the sliders in NVCP or Windows seem to have changed. ICC profile screwiness?

9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    do you need overlay to use freestyle ?

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Same card, and mine worked fine for whatever that's worth, are you sure you didn't accidentally use the old v2 updater? Earlier today it wasn't listed under "BIOS & Firmware" (only the old updater was), for some reason, and was only under the "Drivers & Tools" tab instead.

Asus did troll somewhat though; the BIOS version/number is identical to the old one. I asked a friend who has a Strix 3090 OC, and it's the same for him, the BIOS version # was not changed.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021

11. Dreamic

Dreamic Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
    No I didn't, but the V2 tool didn't work either when I tried to update using it in December, I had to extract the BIOS and do it manually.
    The BIOS message definitely changes, and is what you need to use along with the Testini.txt in the .exe to figure out what .rom you're supposed to flash to.
    The tool is simply incapable of detecting what BIOS my card has it seems, and just says no need to update. SoulsCollective said apparently you need GPU Tweak installed?
    img.gif

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I didn't pay attention to the message, the version # should change for such an important BIOS change, Asus are weird. I haven't heard of GPU Tweak before, or if I did I forgot. Out of curiosity I'd switch the BIOS on the card to the 2nd one and see if the tool works on that. Stupid question, but you were on the stock BIOS before attempting to update right?

13. Dreamic

Dreamic Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
    For updating to this BIOS I was on the BIOS released on the Asus site on 12/14/20 [BIOS Message 94.02.42.00.AS26, Performance BIOS], which I manually updated to from whatever older BIOS the card had before/came with. I haven't bothered updating the quiet BIOS this time and I don't really care to switch to it and do so cause that's not the one I want to use but that is currently 94.02.42.00.AS27.

Testini.txt shows this:
    asus.png
    The tool is just garbage, it doesn't work.
    I have it updated though so I don't really care about this, thankfully everything needed can be found if you extract it

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The issue never occurs straight after a driver or client update, it occurs after shaders have built up.

15. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
    Hello,

Can someone that has teh MSI gaming X trio 3090 tell its bios version, i installed dragon center and it found a new bios and updated to 94.02.42.00.f1

can someone confirm please ?

cheers

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/227888/227888

17. MDKpt

MDKpt Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim X 4090
  18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    The following article shows which platforms we officially support ReBAR:
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/

Some motherboards manufacturers may add unofficial ReBAR support through a BIOS update. It may or may not work with our GPUs. For the best experience, we recommend the platforms we have tested and validated which are listed in the article.

Sylencer likes this.
  19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We recommend only updating the firmware if your PC is configured to support ReBAR. This means disabling Compatibility Support Module (CSM) in the motherboard BIOS and making sure your hard drive is formatted as GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition. Be aware, if your hard drive is partitioned as Master Boot Record (MBR) and you try to convert it to GUID Partition Table (GPT), you may end up losing the contents on your drive.

Sylencer and fluidz like this.
  20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    NVCP sharpening quality seems to differ from GFE one.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021