New Enterprise Driver 21.Q1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MyEinsamkeit, Mar 24, 2021.

1. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-pro-win-21-q1.

Im not home so i cant check out the drivers. But these drivers were pushed back for about 2 months for added improvements and they finally added the new interface and an increase performance.

With this quarterly update there are fantastic performance improvements for enterprise professionals. AMD Radeon™ PRO Software for Enterprise 21.Q1 delivers usability and performance where it counts and is optimized with every release in key performance scenarios. Take advantage of the improvements to accelerate your ability to create.

Improved UI
    Radeon™ PRO Software 21.Q1 has completely revamped its GPU user interface and has been simplified so users can more easily adjust their settings and start creating. Gain access to a modern UI designed from the ground up for the needs of professional users. Take advantage of the new, efficient, and easy to use interface to suit all of your needs. Launch your apps from a single UI, and easily access to your favorite features. Work efficiently without ever leaving your project by utilizing the improved overlay to monitor performance, record, stream and access the built-in browser

HK-1, Pictus and JonasBeckman like this.
  2. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Finally a good driver!
    Boris FX(OpenCL) seems to be working good and very fast!

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Im looking forward to trying them out on my w5500 and wx7000.

4. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Any screenshots of the new UI? Is it really different?

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I cant check im not home. But i think theyre talking about how they have finally added the new ui similar to the other drivers for non workstations gpus. But you do realize you can install enterprise drivers on any gpu. I use enterprise drivers on my rx 570 all the time.

6. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Ok, on compatibility list there is no dx11/9 API, is this removed or working anyway?(hopefully better...)

7. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Witcher 3 is working good, it is DirectX 11.

BTW, for OpenGL/OpenCL Capture One 21, Photoshop and Topaz Plug-ins are OK.

8. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Yeah, it's not a "new gui, it's just the one available for months now on the "gaming" cards.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  9. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    Finally, the PRO VII shares the same driver as the other cards......

10. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Well I'm back home, testing out the 21.Q1. Performance wise is fine, stability is fine, image quality is fine, no problems. Here's the issue though lol. 20.Q3 vs 21.Q1, 20.Q3 blows it out the water in terms of overall gaming performance/framerate. I'm not going back using 20.Q3 on my W5500 though because watch dogs 2 does not record using relive , so I'm going to continue to use the newest drivers. Will be using 20.Q3 on my W7100 on my second rig.

Just my views though on my set up, the 20.Q3 is the best driver as for performance. 21.q1 is fine though :)

11. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    I wonder why that is, more driver overhead?

12. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Not sure, I'm just speaking for myself though with my setup and cards. But testing the RX 570 8GB, WX 7100 and my W5500, 20.Q3 gives me the best overall performance in games that i am testing. 21.Q1 performance is not bad though, games run perfectly fine, fps just fine, and more importantly these drivers are more stable than the 20.q3. I'm sticking with the 21.q1 though, because its more stable.

13. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    Hi , may I ask if the enterprise driver can do the wattman fan control , power limits and the zero rpm ?

Thanks

14. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I don't see any of that, but fan control settings here

Attached Files:

15. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    Seems like it doesnt have power limit , zero rpm and fan curve

16. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Nah i don't see it. Seems like they just copy and pasted the new UI and that whole thing about redesign ground up is a lie hahaha. Good drivers, but laziness when it comes to the control panel.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  17. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Pictus likes this.
  18. iArucard

iArucard Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6600
    I am thinking of trying out the enterprise driver , what do you think about the adrenalin vs enterprise driver in terms of stability.

Well for pc gaming games , emulators like bluestack.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

19. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I made a whole thread about it a while ago
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/h...-amd-adrenalin-drivers-check-this-out.432500/

Enterprise drivers overall are faster in performance to me vs Adrenalin. But adrenalin drivers are great too, nothing wrong with them. They seem to keep up with enterprise drivers, but the best enterprise driver IMO and testing is the 20.Q3. But i have a problem recording watch dogs 2 with it, which is why i don't use it.

As for stability, i never had any issues with any drivers whatever its enterprise or Adrenalin. Gaming is fine, enterprise drivers with emulators are just fine. But i don't use bluestack, but when i tested it there was no issues. I use LDPlayer and GameLOOP which is the best IMO.

I use enterprise drivers on my RX 570 8GB, never had any issues. Using 20.Q3 with it.

20. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    Pictus likes this.