Kozary's Quad SLI & RTX NVLink Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kozary, Dec 21, 2020.

1. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Just a shot in the dark but do you guys think running Black Ops Cold War in SLI is possible? I'm fairly certain it can be run in DX11.

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Speaking about this game, I just found this recently:

https://thedroidguy.com/cod-black-ops-cold-war-directx-error-1143745

Can you guys confirm that while playing this game with the above link shown, that the osd now shows DX11???

Also, can't run it on my end, my win 10 version is 1703(Where "ALL" of my 4-way projects are being done), unless there is a bypass, never even looked it up on the game yet.

Don't own the game, but if you all can confirm that this game can actually infact run in DX11, let me know asap, I might jump on it in the future, game was originally built with DX12, so I highly doubt it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  3. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    A quick search says it supports win7 with "d3d12on7" so i would say it is a dx12 title much like Death Stranding that I tried out, which would mean no SLI only mGPU.

4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Hello, did you try that -D3D11 through your Blizzard.net program???

If so, what does your osd say? Still DX12?

Reply soon, thanks.

5. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Yeah I guess you're right. There's a ton of sources that say you can run it in dx11, but it seems none of them have actually tried it or verified that the game was actually running in dx11.

So mGPU means that the devs would have had to create that functionality correct?

6. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    No the game states no where that is has DX11 it has DX12 on win7 the same as Death Stranding, If you look it up the only API listed is DX12. I am not even going to bother with it already know the answer.

Yeah mgpu relies on Devs while you can force it I can tell you now there is a 99% chance this will not work while it did for me once and there is also CFR mode for DX12 which may need RTX/nvlink cards I have never tried it myself but apparently it works in most games. I recently benchmarked Shadow of the Tomb Raider in 3way mGPU DX12AFR and the scaling was an absolute beast came within 5% of a RTX3090 in 4k iirc.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Question, have you ever messed with/tuned the SLI Compatibility (DX12) Bits???

And if so, What was your bits like for SOTR?

As on my side, no matter what DX12 game, any small, minute tuning change to the DX12 Compat bits, the game itself will not start.

I have tried other methods, such as using an DX10/DX11 Emulator Called: DXGI from microsoft, and I tried with ROTR/DX12, game wont start.

8. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Yes i got DX12 working with Monster Hunter World with custom DX12 bits. However the profile no longer loads after adding my third gpu and I never bothered after that as it is to much of a PITA I dont have the bits handy right now.

SOTR has no bits its mgpu.

9. Giacom9222

Giacom9222 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780Tix2

Hello there, thanks for the great job you are doing first of all. Following your indications I made several games work properly, thank you very much.

I have a quick question concerning Valheim, I'm trying to follow your instructions but I cannot find the Compatibility Bits you entered. Do you know why is that? I really don't have it.
    And also the voice "SLI Hack"...where is it?

Thank you very much again and cheers!

Giacomo

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Try looking for a profile that contains all of that, like Lost planet: Extreme Conditions for example, export the file, next, import the file you just saved, click on the magnifying glass on top of the program, you should see it now.

Also, there are other methods of doing this, if interested, please check page 3 to this thread, you should see something I posted up earlier, thanks.

Giacom9222 likes this.

11. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Update your Nvidia Inspector to the latest version 2.3.0.13 these options will pop up automatically and they don't then click the magnifying glass. Older versions are a headache see above example.

My SLI bits won't be contained in pre-made profiles as they are custom made, you need to copy and paste them or key them in manually. I don't use the drop down menu.

Giacom9222 likes this.
  12. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Genshin Impact update forgot to mention SLI broke slightly with patch 1.3 (now 1.4)

13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Depending on what driver branches your using too.

For Example, If for instance, testing newer drivers that are out now(46x.xx), when I load up DMW(Deadmanswalking) version of nvidia inspector, you will get an netframework error but you can still manage to get into the program without no restrictions.

There is only specific driver branches I am using anyways.

Not only that, When I try the newest version of nvidia inspector, Alot of your unknown ID settings are missing, even if you loaded up a profile that you were once working with, only one that shows up is the one you personally tuned, whereas the DMW version, once I load up a profile, Lets say DSIII, all of the unknown ID settings(the ones I didn't even touch), will be present.

In other words, the newer version, you literally have to export: All drive profiles (Nvidia text Format), and input your ID settings there, but this is while using branch: 392.xx drivers, so, many variables here.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  14. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    does haveing only 6gb of vram make it hard maxing out at 4k

15. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    I play most things in 4/5k no issues but then say a gtx1060 6gb would run out of vram @1080p in the same game so I would say SLI mitigates the issue and this is from actual experience. The only time i have run out of VRAM was Dark souls 3 in 5k with reshade, without reshade was fine so i settled on 4k with reshade.

I don't use unknown settings as the relevant ones are missing on my system even if i export all settings using your method does not enable them at all pretty sure i even had older branch of drivers installed as well. So the lastest nvinspector is recommended to avoid issues with my profiles at this point. But this is something i want to revisit as i want to test unknown bits in FF15.

16. Giacom9222

Giacom9222 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780Tix2
    Yes I managed to solve as you said, now my SLI setup finally is working !! There's only still one stange thing which I couldn't solve, when I used only one GPU the game was really pushing it (it was at 1250 MHz and 87 degrees all the time) but now that I'm using two of them the game is not really kicking in...both my GPUs are at 700 MHz and 60 degrees...It's like the game is not really trying to use my GPU power, have you managed to solve also this issue?

Thank you very much for the help ! :)

17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    What game was this again? Valheim???

I am very very VERY busy conducting/finalizing DSIII+Reshade performance Graphs/videos, I practically have no time to do anything, again, once your into this kind of extreme tuning/testing,etc, you will have absolutely no time to be playing games.

I'll look into it when I get a chance, I am far FAR behind schedule of getting this game done, I need to get the game done asap, I'll look into it, thanks for the reply.

18. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    It's not just about the SLI profile make sure you applied the boot ini tweaks and you are in exclusive fullscreen mode you may have to alt enter a few times and make sure you are launching it with the fullscreen command.

You probably won't be able to use full GPU power in forests/homebase areas as they game is very CPU constrained due to single threading i think. I used reshade to really beef up the SLI scaling and make it worth it in those areas.

19. Giacom9222

Giacom9222 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780Tix2
    I agree, no time to play as well. I'm practically only tweaking stuff all day along and no playing at all. It was the goddamn full screen mode...it was a fake full screen. Now Valheim is going smoothly at 60 fps in 2560x1440 all maxed out, it's amazing.

Thanks again :)

20. Giacom9222

Giacom9222 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780Tix2
    Yes it was the fullscreen!! thank you very much, I can finally enjoy the game as it is supposed to be played :)
    The community needs more people like you and AMD BugBear :)

Kozary likes this.