WDDM 3.0 / 470.14

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kosta20071, Mar 25, 2021.

1. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    What branch are these?

3. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Bugfix_main-16911

insp1re2600 likes this.
  4. BFeely

BFeely Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080
    Actual changelog: Removed RTX 3060 mining unlock. (I have an RTX3080 so it doesn't affect me but I don't mine)

5. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Initial impression? Still broken. MSFS 2020 still starts with a black screen. Reverting back to latest WHQL.

MrX1980 likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This isn't a driver intended for you as a gamer anyway.

elite69 likes this.
  7. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Does rage 2 stil fliker? Thanks in advance.

8. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Where did you gain the right to say who and what a driver is for and what my preferences are? I should just shut up so the issue is not reported right? No wonder your rep is crap eslewhere Sora. Pull your act on someone your junior, jr.
    (expects nattering about post count *rollseyes*)

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is a Development driver intended for Insider users running the windows subsystem for linux, there are minimal if any fixes for any game issues reported as it is not an actively developed game branch, any fixes reported will first appear in the driver expected next Tuesday.

Unfortunately, rather than actually realize that different branches are targetted to different use cases, you react like an ape who just fell out of a tree.

I'll ask Manuel for you, no games were expected to be fixed in this driver unless they were directly broken by changes to file stubs (like 450 breaking nvidia specific features in just cause 2)

Redemption80, Mda400, elite69 and 2 others like this.
  10. tkmskittles

tkmskittles Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    add -FastLaunch to the launch options if u want it to work.

11. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yeah, it's a dev driver. Not worth getting stressed and name calling over, when the simple facts are said. Unless you sign up to the dev program, we're not supposed to have these at all. I've always been happy to give dev or beta stuff a try, even though I know it's unlike to help on my now old PC. Manuel did nonetheless ask for people to file bug reports with the previous set, so there seems to be some interest, and possibly benefit from other users giving them a try and calling out issues. I'm not sure how the driver devs work, and how separate these branches will remain, but we don't want issues carrying over to main releases... Funny how they still call them Gameready.

If it wasn't for the MSFS black screen I would give them a try. Can't add -fastlaunch with the MS Store version.

MrX1980 likes this.
  12. tkmskittles

tkmskittles Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

PrMinisterGR and MrX1980 like this.
  13. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Ah, okay, cheers I'll give that a try :)

Works! thank you :cool:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  14. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    I would like to point that Nvidia driver 470.14 and also Intel HD driver 30.0.100.9458 in newest W10 insiser 21343.1000 are finaly Shader model 6.6 enabled

15. OldManRiver

OldManRiver Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia

There's several other issues not game related. Division series is very unstable with massive texture glitching which is not present in WHQL drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2021

16. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Easy im a member of dev drivers since 2012. And the question was not for you more respect please. Im an older guru member.

AsiJu and Dagda like this.
  17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    I know but i like to use this ones if you see my profile you can see im an old guru member and i go to the right place to pick up the drivers im loged to dev drivers since 2012 so no new stuf for me i just dont want to instal these as the older ones work fine so far and couse only one game. But thanks for the help.

Astyanax likes this.
  18. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    You are saying not game related and then follow up with a game series having issues... WSL drivers are for testing a specific item and will miss most game fixes that are present in many other drivers. These drivers are likely to have gaming issues, but that's irrelevant for most of the people that actually need to test them. No need to get all angry and personal about it.

If you tried WSL previously and had issues with a game a next version is VERY unlikely to resolve that game issue as it's not their focus. WSL drivers are followed up on each version almost all the time, so wont get 99% of the game fixes that the game-ready drivers get.

Dagda likes this.
  19. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    these instead of game ready, should been called studio because apps like blender or maya have a great increase in render performance, same with enconding and decoding. Raytracing performance is also better in this one.

elite69 likes this.
  20. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    They did fix rage 2 fliker problem

MrX1980 likes this.