Cyberpunk 2077s lead gameplay designer leaves CD Projekt RED

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Tom Sælemyr-Gulli

Tom Sælemyr-Gulli New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090 WF
    Played it, liked it, finished it and moved on. On PC, not the trainwreck some claim it to be, but no gem either. I'll give ut a 4 out of 6 - good, not great.

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I stand by my opinion. The game is garbage and a complete, over hyped fail.

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    I played since day zero, W3 was so unstable on any machine i had that i wasn't able to play more than 15m, patch solved some and break other until around 6 month after...
    And i wasn't the only one.
    In the end the game was awesome and confirmed to be a good game as everyone only remember the good from it.

4. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. For me it comes down to whether you get your money's worth of entertainment. And for me, Cyberpunk definitely delivered that. Everything else is irrelevant to me.

Wish the guy all the best in future endeavors and a good rest. Working on a game like Cyberpunk must have been exhausting.

5. morpheus9394

morpheus9394 Guest

GPU:
    2x 6950 1GB
    I played both Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 at launch on PC and have zero issues apart from performance which is typical for alot of large scale PC games. It is rare not to find bugs in large open world games. But I had no issues in either games that stopped me from having fun or enjoying the experience.
    I played Cyberpunk for a couple of hours and again found no major issues apart from performance. I decided to put it on the back burner for now mainly because I'm in the middle of playing other big open world games which I want to finish first.
    The GTA games ran poorly on PC at launch. So did any of the Assassain Creed games or Far Cry games. Most ports do.
    I think the main issue with Cyberpunk on PC is that it is different and less expansive as CDR said it would be. And hopefully patches and DLC will bring the experience inline to what we all were expecting.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    SA and VC did't have a quarteras many issues as GTA3 did crash wise,

and and nothing beats GTA5 for leaking commit charge (rather than working set) resulting in massive disk thrashing.

7. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    like E.T

8. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    The Witcher 3 was in no way lightyears near this game's failure. How does that game keep coming up in comparisons? I get the same studio made both but the launches were different and post releases were different too.

• Witcher 3 is much longer with more content to take you through its side quests and the main storyline
    • Witcher 3 could be completed on PC or consoles of its time by release without bending or breaking space-time
    • Average overall graphics were much better main performance issues were in PC with GameWorks related garbage

jbscotchman likes this.
  9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    There is, unfortunately CPDR have already said that the buyers of the game should not expect a No Man Sky style total rework of the game.

The game was fine and I suspect the reason it is being so hated on is a combination of bandwagon jumping and allowing one's self to have been mislead by the years of hype.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I feel lucky that I'm enjoying the game without the angst so many ppl are having with it.

Nurmi likes this.

11. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    It's an enjoyable game if you go into it without prior expectations. Unfortunately people have whipped themselves into a hype fueled frenzy, and no product can possibly live up to that. For their part, CDPR did nothing to dispel these unrealistic presumptions. In fact they did quite the opposite. Hopefully this debacle will serve as a warning for all concerned. Yeah, right, of course it won't.

jbscotchman likes this.
  12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    No, making death threats about a video game doesn't make you "people".

No, it won't. It will go down as having one of the worst releases in gaming history, but after the bugs have been crushed, it won't be a bad game. Maybe it'll remain over-hyped, maybe it'll be disappointing. But it won't be bad.

thamp3dude likes this.
  13. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Did play 2077 the same 100 hours as I did play Witcher 3, with less bugs than Witcher 3 had, and I don't understand at all how is it disaster?
    But then again, I have basically turned off retweets and blocked console related stuff as I simply don't give damn about exclusives, playing on consoles, or console troubles.

So, coming from that angle I think its really unfair for mostly PC tech sites and Guru3D to write like its a problem, state of console games or hardware should be no concern for this community.

14. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    Where does he go? So I can avoid all future games by him

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Guru3d gave 2077 a positive review just like many folks on the forum.

Nurmi likes this.

16. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    Umm, guys, I don't think that if they show and promise you to have the content for years and then cut it all together while closing eyes as if it never happened (cut content) and .. you don't see a problem with that?

They straight up lied to you with smiley face while lubing up you're "wallet" and assuming dominant position while whispering to you're ear that they never gonna betray you and deliver it "when it's ready". Seems fine, yeah? Game screams in agony with cutted content and features and I clearly seen it in full effect while playing it.

Amount of problems that game have is immense and you better go and see Crowbcat video. I can't believe anyone can defend this piece of unfinished code. No offense to actual Developers. It's probably, as always, higher up dudes in suits and poor project managers.

I literally wanted to vomit after 5 hours of this "game" and deleted it. Bear In mind that I was going in blind and avoided all the spoilers so that I have my own opinion about it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  17. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3090
    Sounds like console version was pretty pants. My pc version on my 2080ti ran pretty well and wasn't that much more buggy then say a bethesda game on release. Cut content wasn't as severe as say kotor2.

I think the game mostly suffers from 2020 lockdown issues both from developer limitations and disruptions to people desperately seeking mental escape.

If they had released only pc version and delayed console version I think this wouldn't have been the major issue it has become.

I was there the hype and desperation over delays was fever pitch. I tried explaining to the normals that if a dev delays be glad they did. It's not like the game is fine and ready and they are just sitting around playing it laughing about how you can't. Yet that is how they behave.

Tldr:. 2077 is another thing that clueless hysterical normals and covid ruined.

18. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I got this on release and played for a while on 1070 but the performance wasn't there to fully enjoy and wanted to see RTX in action - I played it again when I got 3070 and I have to say the visuals are gorgeous and much improved - the interior of the fancy hotel with the lighting I just loved. So yeah - those of you who played 100s of hours on a 10x0 series card - you missed out a lot I think.

Gameplay itself, i did hit a major breaking bug (the guard at elevator in hotel just disappearing, but you required to get some key from him to continue - spent an hour looking for this guard I was supposed to get key from until online told me it was a major bug and to reload an earlier save game and do it again and get key before he disappears).

Also found it very strange to have to blast a normal person with multiple point-blank high powered shotguns to the body before they drop - its like normal people are T-1000s in this game - strange coming from other shooters where people have normal strength.

Apart from that, I do find the whole collection, inventory system highly confusing... not sure if its the interface or what, but i find it difficult to know WTF i am supposed to be doing with all the stuff I pick up and collect. Only played a few hours on it since getting the 3070.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    JiveTurkey likes this.
  19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I never bought or played the game because unlike [seemingly] most people, I take hype with a grain of salt and wait for others to be my guinea pig. Anyone who believed all their promises were to be available on release day were naive, and anyone who pre-ordered was just outright foolish (NEVER pre-order a game from a major studio). This was an ambitious game where development time was known to be cut back. CDPR was known to have glitchy releases too.
    Ever since Xbox 360 or PS3, buying any major game on release day is also a mistake, since there's usually dozens of much-needed patches. We've waited years for this game to be released, what's another few weeks?
    To my understanding, much of the cut content was just so the devs wouldn't be totally overwhelmed with everything else they have to fix, but they'll likely add it later on once they're caught up.
    Says the one who just a moment earlier said:
    "Where does he go? So I can avoid all future games by him"
    Ugh so dramatic...
    It's just a game - get over it. I'm sure you got your refund, right?

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    What many folks miss out on is the fact it's a very visual experience unlike pretty much any other game out there.

[​IMG]