NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 and 3080 Ti Product GPU Codes Surface

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 22, 2021.

1. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Wasn´t the 3080TI announced with shader core full expansion GA102-300? Don´t know anymore, too many RTX30...variants. Anyway, regarding card prices, we are getting close to Workstation Ampere RTX A6000....

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it doesn't.
    i'd prefer a 3070ti with 10g g6 not 8g g6x for peformance,on the other hand 8g g6x means the card is gonna be faster than 3070 and should stay at about the same power.

I'd still buy 3060ti at msrp for my first choice.Good 1440p performance and the option to use dlss for the especially demanding games like cp,wd,metro etc.
    Second choice would be 3070,third 6800xt.

3080 is too power hungry,6800 and 6700xt aren't good value options.It's all theoretical anyway,no card sells at msrp.

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I'd say out of AMD RX6 stack 6800 was best card . Best power efficiency. Price/performance wise it was also better than 6800XT . In imaginary realm where prices where close to precrypto era :D

4. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    actually 6800xt is better perf/price
    so is 3070

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Wasn't the case in November.
    6800XT was on par here in Poland at least with worse performance/watt.

I ordered both but got 6800. Can't really complain :D

6. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    im not talking where,but performance/dollar at msrp
    both kitguru and tpu show 6800xt is better

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    TPU shows they are the same , you pay 10% more you get 10% more. Similar at guru3d.

8. linoleum

linoleum Member

GPU:
    Gigabytes RTX3060Ti
    Are you sure? I usually see the RTX 3060 ti sitting on top of every chart... Both mining and gaming...

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    3080, 3070, and 3060 ti should all had at least 12gb of Vram. Why they gave it to the 3060 on a 192 bit bus? Jensen Huang must be really high.

10. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    What does "released in May" actually mean in 2021? Does released in May mean "generally available in December"? It seems like the GPU companies would be growing very tired of vaporware releases--I know for a fact that their customers are!

Solfaur likes this.

11. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yeah I was only comparing +500$

12. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
  13. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    You know...I wonder if those Iranians understand how many centuries of mining it will take to pay off that single GPU they've purchased for the price of a car? Anyone doing that is going to be extremely disappointed with his take per GPU! Either that, or he's so independently rich already that it doesn't matter--which lets out most of the Iranian population--and most of the population everywhere, I should think. This is Fool's Gold--pyrite--for sure. (These shortages from both AMD and nVidia, involving two different FABs thousands of miles apart, are not because of miners or scalpers--these are very real GPU shortages caused by the inability to get good yields from the current designs for their RTX-3k & RX-6k GPUs. This isn't news that builds confidence in either company, so they both want to sort of pawn it off on "mining"--without actually citing miners as "the problem" even though mining really wouldn't explain these shortages at all.) The world has no shortage of fools, however, I'll give you that...;)

14. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    "RTX3080Ti was originally scheduled to be released on the market around mid-April, and the price is expected to be the same as that of the RX 6900XT, which is about 999 Euro/USD"

3080Ti for 999EURO? Dream on.... I paid nearly that much for just a 3070 a few months ago!

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I want to be positive about this!!!! Still good luck actually being able to buy it when its launched. Sad this is happening.

This is the model I'd be wanting to buy too.

16. cap5lock

cap5lock Active Member

GPU:
    RTX™ 4070 Ventus 2X
    "3080 Ti is a real thing" no...it is vaporware...

Solfaur and Tom Sunday like this.
  17. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix 4090
    [QUOTE="cap5lock, post: 5899156, member: no...it is vaporware...
    [/QUOTE]

At this the point in time it's hard to believe anything. The offered late introduction of the 3080ti could however be real as in the end it's all about the money. NVIDIA stock and earnings are at an all time high. Looking for a repeat in 2021. Huang CEO of NVIDIA earned a annual salary of $11.5 million in 2020 dispite the vapor-world we are living in. I would also guess that many with deep pockets would want the 3080ti for future-proofing assurances. Final pricing once the 3080ti will actually hit the shelves will most certainly not be the listed or estimated $999 or there abouts. Perhaps by this coming 'Holiday Season' the MSRP market and GPU availability will return and just in time with Intel's ALDER Lake introduction to confuse or upset us some more.

DannyD likes this.
  18. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    I want a 3080ti. If I preorder as soon as possible, I might get it 6 months later ? All those crypto-mining farms need to burn. Their power usage causes power outages for the civilian population in some countries and is a problem all in itself, even if the power grid remains stable.

19. wb85

wb85 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 oc@Super
    I didn't even receive that EVGA RTX 3080 i back-ordered back in September (yup, waiting since the launch) and a refresh is already around the corner.o_O

Seeing the ongoing shitshow with current pricing/scalping, i guess there's 99% chance that my already underperforming RTX 2070 will have to last 'til the 4xxx series' launch...:confused:

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This is the card I have been waiting for (if it is actually true) since I always thought the 10 GB on the RTX 3080, which is 1 GB less than my four year-old GTX 1080 Ti, would be limiting, especially if this was a card I would be using for 2-3 years.

Sadly though, I find it hard to get excited about this any more since it will likely prove as impossible to get hold of here in the UK as the 3080 was (which everywhere I checked always showed as "out of stock" and I don't think the GeForce.com site has shown it "in stock"). Damn those scalpers and I certainly would not pay more than the RRP for these cards which are already expensive enough. It is now so difficult to get hold of these cards that you can be waiting months and that just means a new GPU or SKU is just around the corner so there isn't much point buying the older card, which is exactly what happened with the RTX 3080 as I was considering buying that when it launched. Glad I didn't but the lack of availability of these cards has waned by enthusiasm for them somewhat since I know I can't just order and get one straight away. Heck, it is almost impossible to even pre-order a card these days!