AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Mar 18, 2021.

1. mais4u

mais4u Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT
    Go inside Exploit protection in windows

Navigate to the program settings tab

Click on X - Add a program to customize

Then choose the exact filepath

Then find Battlefield5.exe. You can choose Control_Dx12.exe if you have stuttering / dxr issues in that game as well. (maby this works on many titles)

This will open up a new context box, navigate down too CFG ( Control flow guard )

Enable override system settings, Toggle that to off, set apply.

This helped my DX12 issues in that game with my 6900xt. Higher framerate and no stuttering.

Eastcoasthandle and PrEzi like this.
  2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Anyone else play Insurgency Sandstorm with a 6xxx series card? I have had black flickering ground textures on every single driver and also reported it with fresh screenshots every time but AMD doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. I contacted the devs of the game for helpa nd they said it was an issue with AMD's driver and they could do nothing for me. Anyone have any input on this?

Also, I know MSI allows you to repaste your card without voiding the warranty (at least they gave me the go ahead on my 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio) and I was wondering if I should repaste it with IC Diamond to try and get this 30C+ junction temperature in order. I have very good airflow in my case so I doubt it is an airflow issue. Anyone else repaste their 6800 (XT) card and had some good results?

3. Teo_

Teo_ Member

GPU:
    Saphire Vega 64
    1. I am recieving ESU so I am fine till 1/2023. Win 7 is a fine, stable and proven OS.
    2. "You do not need to game with a legacy OS anyway"
    You do not know what API's my games are using so you do not know what I need. Heck dx12 games list is so small and even then a lot of them support dx11.
    3. Win 10 LTSC recieve same cumulative updates and such as your servers receive so saying its old trash bin to an OS made in 2019 alone is BS. This OS stability was aiming medical systems (MRI,CAT), industrial process controllers, and air traffic control devices when only thing you lack is "new (useless mostly) features" that end up bugging your OS or crap on everything else when you update.
    4. I have seen what win10 is capable of monitoring it through wireshark inside a vmed KALI and trust me you are not the "administrator" of the OS. Heck you need to hexedit dnsapi.dll to force hosts otherwise they are ignored. If your sense in need of "updated" OS makes you feel any safer please rethink. If you need so much minute half backed features then have fun (and enjoy the telemetry they come with).
    6.This is a wall already. Infrorm youself I have given you the sources. Guys like him risked everything to wake us from deep sleep let us not fail them.

HD64G likes this.
  4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Mate sooner or later being on 7 will in gaming terms bite you on ass

if the telemetry bothers you that bad you can of course disable them

your choice i guess but imo you will need to upgrade eventually anyway

ms178 likes this.

5. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    The core problem is that "mainstream Windows" is the only copy of Windows that is actively tested anymore... Using LTSC, Server 2019, or Windows 7 at this point (being that it's at the mainstream EOL mark, even if there's extended support), is just not going to be any developer's focus. Same happens on the Linux side where Ubuntu 14.04 is in ESM, yet the vast majority of software has long since dropped their repo's, autobuild scripts, and any further testing with the older compilers.

-- Sure, you can get by, yet the hassle of getting by is not worth it vs alternatives that exist. {e.g, time to move on} It's not that old builds of Windows are bad, or unreliable, it's that it's just no longer tested. {unless the goal is just to play old-games / use old software / drivers / hardware}

Basically, if telemetry bothers you in gaming, or there's a trust issue with Microsoft, there's a better option. {don't use Windows} The best recourse is to use Windows less and less / phase it out with the exception of gaming. Whatever that may mean, such as KVM + VFIO, or multiple computers where one can be dedicated to Windows / only used for games {nothing critical that telemetry can impact}. There's no middle ground / best of both worlds solution to avoid updating.

^ as an example of this: all my servers, media PC's, and this machine that I'm posting from run Linux or BSD distros. I actually only have one Windows system with the exception of Windows VM's.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Second system just for 10 games + Steam remote play ;)

7. PJVol

PJVol Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    FRTC seems broken for me in this release. Rolling back to 21.2.3 restores normal behavior.

8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Over at TPU, RX 6800 XT owners have been reporting good improvement in benchmarks and performance. So far, I have had no issue running the games I've been plating as if late...Metro Exodus with RT at 'High', COD MW Warzone (w/o RT), UT3, Serious Sam 3 and 4.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Got a crash yesterday with these in Forza 4. All three monitors went black and then resumed with wattman settings have been restored error. Card is overclocked.

10. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Well windows decided to install the beta driver again even with driver updates turned off

turns out this driver is better anyway, higher lows in games and better iq imo

ms178 likes this.

11. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Use WUB, Windows update blocker tool.
    It is working fine for me, as I needed something I turn Wu with this on, update what I need, turning off. Works as charm.

12. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Uhm... they Removed Crossfire/MultiGPU from this Driver?
    I still had the mGPU Button on 21.2.3 driver but can't find it in this one here!

AMD21.3.1_missingCF.png

Old 21.2.3.
    01b.jpg

EDIT:
    Okay.. there must be something else -.-
    I just rolled back to
    And NONE of them showed the AMD mGPU Option! But... i know i've had it working before. I've used the same GPU in the same slot on the same PC and had it enabled.
    I've plugged the 2nd Monitor to the 2nd GPU. So i can put a Load on the GPU and it works if i move a benchmark to the 2nd monitor 2nd gpu is used.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-018
    GPu-Z fail CF.png

EDIT2: Solved
    WoW.... found it!
    you can't have AMD SVM (Virtualization) on AMD CPU's enabled and run mGPU mode with 2 GPUs!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    HandR, Fox2232 and HD64G like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you can hide updates without installing them using one of the two windows update manager utilities.

14. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 7900XTX Aqua
    We some of the 6800XT and 6800 owners saw a nice performance boost with new driver.
    For me it was around 2% uplift with same setting.

My 6800XT can now OC much higher with stability. :cool:
    Before this driver, I could not stabily run higher than 2685MHz and now I have 2745MHz setting at 1020mV. :D
    Here are results:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...-mods-bios-tweaks.434911/page-47#post-5898152
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...-mods-bios-tweaks.434911/page-47#post-5898154

It would be nice if some 6900XT owners also test the driver to see if they also see nice gains.;)

SpajdrEX, DanielRX and PrEzi like this.
  15. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Now as you have mentioned it.... I don't know if it is placebo or not... But The Division 2 hangs/crashes a LOT less since the new driver.... However I haven't really benchmarked my card before/after the driver update...
    Plus -- remember the DXR optimizations one of the github users been posting on twitter? Seems that AMD has implemented DXR to use wave32 only (instead of 64, which is good). Seem to boost the DXR perf by 2-5 %

DanielRX and Turbogear like this.

16. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 7900XTX Aqua
    Yes that could be thd case with regards wave32 that is boosting performance.
    I mentioned in the post in owner's section about 21.3.1 boosting performance but it was lengthy post and one can miss the point. :p

What really surprised me is that now I can reach 2699MHz on average with my 6800XT in games like Cyberpunk where as before I could not go higher than 2620MHz on average. :eek::cool:

Especially this performance in Cyberpunk with GPU core power consumption on average of around 282W (total GPU power of ~ 335W).:cool:
    In games like Borderlands 3 and AC Valhalla around 250W GPU Core power.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    That is interesting find, guess I'm gonna remove dust from my card and do some OC again.

Turbogear likes this.
  18. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Posted it in the other thread by mistake. :D

It seems that with this driver, AMD limited the max voltage to 1.15v at least for RDNA1. Not only that but it doesn't respect the P3 core voltage anymore that I manually set. In all previous drivers, it would use the voltage set in P3 constantly in 3D applications. Now it is using less voltage. I wouldn't be surprised if I encounter crashes/BSODs. I will do a OCCT stress test tomorrow with my usual settings.

19. Turbogear

Turbogear Member Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 7900XTX Aqua
    Yes it would be interesting what you can achieve. :cool:

On TPU, there are number of users with 6800XT that were positively surprised with this driver. :p
    Starting on page 11 you will see multiple posts among them mine. :D

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/the-rx-6000-series-owners-club.276164/page-11

I discovered it as I usually run a Time Spy benchmark after installing every new GPU drivers. ;)
    I started this since Radeon VII as there was ones a bug which reduced a lot of performance after a driver install and that bug was there for ages in many drivers. The only way at that time to work around was set fan to 100% if you undervolt and OC your card though I had water cooled Radeon VII at that time and there was no fan. :p

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Can anyone test and tell me if you have issues with Zombie Army 4 HDR not detected on the TV? Another game like Assassin Creed Origins works fine.

I am running the Vulkan version, it was Auto detect HDR just fine version before 21.2.3
    6900XT