Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DARK SOULS III - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - PREQUEL TO FINAL CONCLUSION - 3/4/21:

On the behalf from Developer: Fromsoftware(Kings Field Series), I very proudly announce a Guru3D/4-Way Sli/World Exclusive: Dark Souls III+Reshade.

I will be starting to do some performance testing, I am going to pass on videos this time until I get a much better camera(In the future), but I will still do Graph work(much like RE3 remake/Hellpoint), Once I get better camera, I'll revise some section within the final conclusion to add some videos(Going to be awhile from now).

So before going any further, let me present you all, on the behalf to: Fromsoftware, the official trailer to this game:

And some videos to the gearing up to the final conclusion to this game:

On behalf of using Phoenix Undead reshade Preset(Many thanks to Fabricio Siqueira):

One of the best Tribute I have ever seen in a game in a long time(Hell of a music):

And the final warm up to this game(Tribute to the Souls Series/Video Not Mine):

Going to be a bit, Stand by for Final Conclusion.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DARK SOULS III - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE ON FINAL PERFORMANCE TESTING(NOT FINAL CONCLUSION) - 3/5/21:

This post here will post on the most up to date on where things are at during my performance testing(Before Final Conclusion)...

I am currently extremely hard at work jotting down "ALL" Performance testing, once that's done, I'll do some Graph work...

So these area's are done thus far(Both Static and Movement Pattern Testing).

On a further note: I will try to do 2 Static Testing+2 Movement Pattern Testing per Area/Zone.

The ones that are currently done, are as follows(No Graph Work being done yet, I'll do the areas first then work on the graph's later):

CEMETERY ASH: 2 Static Testing + 2 Movement Pattern testing are done.

FIRELINK: 1 Static Testing + 2 Movement Pattern Testing are done.

HIGHWALL OF LOTHRIC: Work in progress...

Be sure to keep checking this particular post as it will be continuously be updated, thank you.

EDIT ON 3/8/21:

Plans of changed, I get my other camera tomorrow, so I'll be re-doing my tests with videos and such.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DARK SOULS III + GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - VIDEO INFO UPDATE + UPDATE ON QUADRO 461.72 - 3/8/21:

Plans have changed, My new Camera will be in tomorrow and I'll be doing some video work.

I wasn't far into my performance testing anyways, I was debating to continue or to wait till my product arrives tomorrow, I decided to wait.

Video Quality will be significantly be better then the RE3 Remake Videos, This time it will be @ 4k/60fps, so it will be a tremendous Jump from my other camera(1080p/30fps).

Also, in regards about the modified Quadro 461.72(Newest), I knew 100% I was going to expect, but anyways, very very curious to see how it will react, and as I 100% originally expected:

Quadro Drivers under 4-Way Sli w/Drivers: 461.72 = "DOES NOT WORK PERIOD".

Very interestingly enough, I also check the overall scaling potential with my #1 personal 4-Way Sli game(With My own custom made bits) of choice:

ROTR(Rise of Tomb Raider), as I know extremely well enough that if a specific drivers I am using to test 4-Way Sli, and testing with this particular game(ROTR), and does not work, then I know "ALL" of my games I have previously tuned and that are 100% officially working: Will not work period.

On the branch set consisting of:

44x.xx, 45x.xx, from month ago, I realized that I was getting up to 3/4 scaling potential but at the same time, looked like someone totally, purposely added unwanted lags/stuttering, like times by 100 fold(Kidding you all not), Next, I closely Observed with these newest branch: 461.72, and it seems the scaling was worse then the one I tried back on the: 44x.xx/45x.xx drivers, actually its alot worse, it seems the scaling is cut by 3/4 or more.

I also then gave 461.72 drives a try on my other game(With custom Made Bits), DSIII+Reshade, which was hauling 4-Way Like no tomorrow, and to my amazement, the scaling went from Absolute Veautiful Scaling to Absolute horrendous, and also on top of horrendous, it looks like each gpu usage consistency is running out of whack.

So again, for those who are still serious into 4-Way Sli tuning or whatnot, please once again, "ONLY" use branch consisting of:

39x.xx, 41x.xx, 42x.xx & 43x.xx, Earlier drivers then 39x.xx should work as I have tried an earlier one and it works perfectly, if anyone has any question's in regards about this, I'll reply very quickly.

In the meantime, standby for game #10 & #11 of 30: Countdown to the 980ti's.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - GAME #10 & #11 OF 30 - COUNTDOWN TO THE 980TI's - UPDATE - 3/8/21:

While I am waiting for my Camera to come in to finish up my work on DSIII+Reshade, I present to you 2 games here, Countdown to the 980TI's:

Game #10(Approx 5.5 Hrs in/Current Scaling Potential: Excellent Scaling):

Video #1:

Video #2:

And Game #11(A particular franchise that I haven't played in YEARS):

Video #1:

Video #2:

Video #3:

Just to let everyone know, I knew about Black Desert for quite some time, Decided to gave it a try about several weeks ago(Without announcing it), within 5.5 hrs in, it scaled Excellent(Except for Charc Selection and such).

When I tried testing the Quadro 461.72 then reverted back to where I had it, I forgot to save the profile to this game so I have to do some quick re-tuning to being it back to where it once was.

Black Desert, Got the game for free on steam(limited time), so that's when I picked up the game.

Since the game is MMORPG in nature, I will continuously will give updates on this game, a game I will be jumping on to on more frequent basis.

And next up is a game franchise(Warhammer), Not played in a extremely long time.

This game caught my interest, Saw quite a bit of videos, along with 2080ti performance video's, and not only that, game being D3D11 Api Based, all works in my favor, and decided to give it a try.

Again, you all might see a first update on either game since I am waiting for my camera to come in to finish up my DSIII+Reshade performance video's.

DSIII+Reshade is basically 100% Fine Tuned & thoroughly tested from head to toe, just doing some video work.

So, Keep checking back for the latest update's as 1st update on both games are incoming, get ready.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Kozary likes this.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    WARHAMMER 40K INQUISITION MARTYR - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 1ST UPDATE - 3/9/21:

1st update for this game:

I have managed to get Quad Sli working in full force but game will require tons of work and tuning.

Before going any further, this game appears to be stuck in fullscreen(Not Exclusive Fullscreen mode).

So what I did next, I went into the actual game folder, under CFG folder, I created a newly made folder called:

Resolutions,

then create a file called:

CustomFullscreen.cfg

The File must be in cfg.

Within the cfg file, I added this:

CustomResolution00=2560x1440
    CustomResolution01=3840x2160

Make sure your windows main screen is set to 4k prior launching the game otherwise it won't work.

Changing the resolution within the game only from what it seems, changes only the internal resolution.

So I did the above method, works perfectly.

When launching the game, the scaling seems to be handicapped, that's because the game is not in exclusive fullscreen mode, to fix this, do ALT+ENTER, should be fine.

Next, when launching a new game, soon as you get into the game, I experienced within several seconds in, a hard hang(Pertains to Sli only), in order to fix this, you can do couple methods:

1st method:

Right when you get into the game, do ALT+ENTER, then wait for a few seconds later, do: ALT+ENTER again, game might hang on you and might have to sign off and retry again.

Another method seems to be working ok:

Do CNTRL+ALT+DEL, then click cancel, it will go back on the game, keep tapping the window key button repeatedly to go back to windows main screen, from here, left click on the game's icon on bottom of your main page, once your in the game, game overall scaling seems to be totally handicapped(Because not in exclusive fullscreen mode), to fix this once again, do: ALT+ENTER, should be fixed.

I also experienced where shortly into the beginning of the game, always around the same area, I get an immediate hang and have to do: CNTRL+ATL+DEL then sign off.

Also, there is a setting called: Sync Cpu to Gpu, Please do NOT use this setting under sli mode as it will cut your scaling significantly.

Also, do NOT use the setting called: Frame Blend as the entire screen will flash like mad crazy and also, create major lag/stuttering on top of it, under sli, please use it for testing purposes only.

So currently working on this issue as we speak but 4-Way Sli is 110% officially working with this game, game will require tons of tuning to get everything situated at a glance.

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    BLACK DESERT REMASTERED ONLINE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - 1st UPDATE - 3/9/21:

Currently invested 9.5hrs into the game thus far.

As described before, Overall Scaling Potential is Excellent!!!

For those who are seriously tuning this game under Sli, some things you all need to be aware about...

Reshade users out there, be forewarned:

I installed reshade, loaded up the game(Under 4-Way Sli), shaders are working perfectly but soon as you exit out the game and re-launch the program, right after the anti-cheat program is done loading, game crashes without warning.

It appears to me that, reshade does infact work under sli mode but it has to be installed then from there, jump on the game, if you are going to go back on it while reshade is installed, the chances of bypassing the crash is like 1 out of 20+ chances, so your very best bet is to uninstall reshade then re-install reshade, then jump on the game, works perfectly all the time, you have to do this until I find a workaround.

Now, from my own side, if your not going to be using re-shade, and you want to use 4-Way, you must use the Remastered selection, otherwise the gpu scaling won't be up to par without using remastered selection.

I tried reshade on both very high and remastered selection, works great, please do "NOT" use ultra for the time being.

My strongest recommendation is this for the time being:

If your going to use remastered quality selection, please try not to use Reshade, "IF" upscale selection is turned off, please turn it on for the best possible performance, personally, If your going to use remastered selection, I wouldn't use reshade along with it, your fps will be below 60 fps(Depending on situation/location), and this is with pretty much excellent/perfect scaling, so be careful while tuning.

If your going to use very high quality selection with reshade, please turn the upscale selection to on, this way, your way above the 60 fps performance.

Next comes to what people are very very curious about thus far..., Graphic anomalies:

Far as graphic anomalies is concerned, There are some flashing anomalies on certain terrains/objects and whatnot, but soon as you get on the game, you need to toggle your upscale setting so these anomalies will be at bay, then toggle it back where you had it originally.

The anomalies will come back but shortly after while playing it will disappear on its own.

I notice that while under Very High quality selection mode + Reshade, if your zoomed way into the grass while moving, there is a tremendous scaling drag, whereas(Rather interesting), if you have it on remastered quality selection + Reshade, it does not do this...

Also, soon as you get into the game, the whole screen is flashing with green anomalies, this is happening because Vsync is turned off and besides that, the main title screen, the background portion, that's a movie playback, that is not running in realtime, you can see your osd, gpu usage to 1%, and fps is like over 450fps, defin't not in-game, just movie playback running in the background.

When going to the charc selection screen for the first time, it appears to running a bit slow, soon as you create a new charc, everything will go back to normal peak range.

Also on top of that, while logging off from the game back to charc selection screen, fps will also go back to peak performance as well.

One more thing, please as of now, do "NOT" turn on the game's TAA quality setting for the time being, you will have problems, please for now, use the Reshade TAA Filters(Shaders) for the time being, it works perfectly(Other then the tad Blur while moving), thanks.

If anyone is very curious on my current custom working bits consist of, just remember, It is still very experimental:

Open up, Nvidia's Best Friend: Nvidia Inspector and make the following changes below:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000C04

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8A0075F5

Sli Copy Engine: Not Used:

Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): Not Used

Both 8 - Extra & unknown ID settings: Not used ATM.

Far as Sli Rendering Mode: AFR of SFR

I checked 1 gpu to Quad Sli performance on one particular spot:

1 Gpu: About 20 fps

Quad Sli: 79-80 fps

Yuppers, EXCELLENT scaling.

This is with running @ 3840x2160 resolution, Pretty much maxed out settings with it, remastered selection + Upscale option turned on + Reshade.

Far as Vram is concerned, you should be fine(With the exception of Ultra Quality preset setting), DSIII+Reshade is alot worse then this when it comes to Vram Restrictions.

Stay tuned for next update.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DSIII + RESHADE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - VIDEO UPDATES - 3/11/21:

Got my new camera and fine tuning its settings, I'll be doing, about 1 hr or so worth of game play to show everyone on how Quad Sli performs with this Game+Reshade along with it.

After that, I'll be working my performance video testing, similar how I did RE3 Remake, Look for the video sometime tomorrow.

EDIT ON 3/12/21:

This new Camera/Phone I got, its pretty good but it over blooms/over saturates certain things on the game, and the game already have reshade already, don't want to make it worse.

I had to adjust many things, in the end, I had to use some Video Editing/Handbrake program to fix some things, yes, alot better but its gonna take some time as Handbrake(Same program I used for RE3 Remake videos), and my GTX 970's are not NVENC supported through handbrake so its gonna take a good deal of time to finish encoding, on my other system, I have pascal based gpu's(Supported with handbrake), so, this will surely speed things up BIG TIME.

Nonetheless, Video will be up soon, it won't be today, was running into problems, looking up programs to help me with certain things.

EDIT ON 3/13/21:

I have an active thread going and need help looking for specific app on my new phone/camera.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/4k-60-fps-app-question.437116/#post-5895334

Currently this situation is holding me up, sorry for the delay everyone.

EDIT AGAIN:

I got the Gcam to work but only @ 30 fps, 60 fps wether 1080p or 2160p = Hang or black screen but works beautifully otherwise, Looking for other alternatives but seems unlikely, If I can't find one anytime soon, might be left with no choice to do it this way, I'll look into shadow play and check performance hit, if the performance hit is to great then I'll choose camera instead so I can show everyone the exact performance in which I am running on instead of decreased performance while playing, thanks for reading.

EDIT ON SHADOW PLAY:

I just went back to Shadow Play and Checked how much loss in performance while recording @ 4k with reasonable bitrate, lost about 2-3 fps, not to bad at all but in turn, increased Vram while recording and this will cause a major issue on my end as everything is completely fined tuned so increased Vram will totally disrupt everything, not only that, I like to Explain while I am recording my video on top of it and no, I don't own a mic, haven't had one in ages.

Again, shadow play seems to be running good but the Vram restrictions on my side will be a major issue, so I am probably going to opt out on shadow play and show everyone exactly how its running in full performance through the video camera instead.

EDIT:

This will be my final edit on this post...

I finished recording the video, My phone/camera has split the videos into segments(Ergh, common on these phones), so I am process of merging the video's, beefing up to 60 fps playback then off to handbreak to brush up the visuals a bit, look for the video in the next post, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DARK SOULS III - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - OVERALL PROGRESS UPDATE - 3/19/21:

Sorry for all the long delay here.

I been finished with the actual game play video, its about 2 hrs and half, lots of stuff.

I been using a program called Hybrid to convert 30 fps to 60 fps(Works Perfectly) along with saturation/Contrast changes, boy even with a titan Xp, takes a very long time to encode.

At one time during the encode, Took about 10+ hrs to complete, although the video came out pretty good, there was no audio, not only that, the movie shows correct time length of the actual video but half way, there is a blank screen and it will not continue.

2nd time I tried, got the audio to work but still half way of watching the video, video cuts off, nothing more afterwards.

I am trying my 3rd and last chance on this, trying different output container and etc, hopefully it will work this time, taking to long.

I also checked on my original recorded video on where it went out of whack, video showed no problems, so its something on the encoders end.

First two I recorded was under NVenc, now I am trying .x264.

Also, These are the current final testing(Both Static and Movement Pattern) that I have completed(Including Graph Work):

Cemetery Ash(Fountain Area)
    Cemetery Ash(Boss Area)
    Firelink shrine
    High Wall of Lothric: Work in progress

This section will be revised regularly so please check back often, The testing I am now currently conducting will be absolute final, no turning back this time.

I'll give an update also on the progress of the video(Won't be done till early tomorrow afternoon), very very long time, doing 2 passes, before it was just 1, if it ain't going through this time, I'll just do use handbrake and brush up the visuals a bit.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  9. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This thread's intense. Thanks for all that you do!
    Out of curiosity, what motivates you to work so hard to tune a bunch of games I assume you don't even play?
    Again, thank you!

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I do play but very rare, you won't have time once your into this, it's one or the other, Play games or into extreme hardcore tuning and learn very invaluable stuff as you go, I chose the tuning route.

Thanks for the post.

Worrun3D likes this.

11. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I tried your RE 3 Remake profile, and I couldn't get it to work; tons of flickering everywhere. With that said, the driver I have installed isn't one of the ones you recommended, so I take it there's no way to get your settings to work for my driver version? (461.40)
    I'm pretty sure that's why I couldn't get it to work, but had to ask anyway. This thread has to be the closest I've ever seen someone write an instruction manual on how all this stuff works; you've really put Nvidia to shame. There's a lot for me to learn here...

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    First of all, did you read "ALL" of the stuff that I posted in regards about RE3 Remake? If not, please look it over, there is tons of stuff to cover, thanks.

Even Under Sli Mode, I would still only recommend drivers that consist of branch:

39x.xx, 41x.xx, 42x.xx & 43x.xx, other lesser variants before 39x.xx should work as I tried some of them, 4-Way Sli works perfectly.

Yes, there is so much to cover on RE3 Remake.

Have you watch my videos yet? I also have performance videos as well, Both Static and Movement pattern testing, its on my youtube channel(My main game play video, never used tripod at that time, and some of the videos within RE3 remake testing didn't have it either, but I did use some of it towards the end of my testing) & Also, Camera used was @ 30 Fps, no 60 fps option, only one I converted to 60 fps was DSIII + Reshade(On my next upcoming post):

Here is battle with Nemesis(Crawling up from the Sewer Area):

1 Gpu Test:

Quad Sli Test:

Sorry about the ending part on the Quad Sli part, Accidentally skipped the cut-scene, will re-do in the future.

Also, just let you all know, there is 4 parts to this escape/fight with nemesis scene, shown above is part 4 of 4 final and its the only performance testing that's been done while Frame Rate being set to: Variable, thus, higher MS(Frametime), All other videos, set to 60 cap to virtually eliminate frame pacing issue and greatly helps MS in the end, but, I did it for the scene shown above with much calmer IQ(110%) settings and also to show performance way beyond 60 fps on the Quad Sli part.

Please view my playlist, both Static & Movement Pattern testing, thanks.

Link to my front page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpWHaidomuvrSdV9jKJYtFg

Please try to watch all the videos, alot of stuff my friend.

Oh, just to let everyone know, DSIII+Reshade gameplay video is all done, video will be up the next post, Took a long time to transcode/encode, never going to do that again, took forever, yes, its 60 fps this time.

Thanks for the post.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Worrun3D likes this.
  13. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah I did. To be fair, I wasn't expecting it to work anyway because of my driver version, and how specific the conditions have to be in order for everything to work as you describe. I just gave it a try cause... why not? I'd be more interested in getting RE 2 Remake running in SLI since it's the better game between the two; the Arkham bit everyone uses for it doesn't really cut it. I'm pretty happy with the single GPU performance I get on both of those games anyway, so it's all good really, SLI or not. Most of the games I play regularly all have official SLI support... except for Tarkov, but thanks to someone named Kozary on this thread, I've been running that with both of my GPUs lately :).

14. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If I'm free this weekend, I'm probably going to read over this entire thread and take notes on how you tune things.
    Other than Tarkov, the other games I was interested in running on SLI are:

Squad (Unreal Engine; I read a post you made about how UE games are tricky to tune)
    Apex Legends (Someone out there has worked out bits for this one, but it's pretty bad and needs a ton of work)
    RE 2 Remake
    Doom Eternal (Probably an impossible task cause it's a Vulkan only game, right?)

I know you've already made an attempt to get RE 2 working, but if you know anybody else on the internet on some random forum that has gotten the other games working, I'd love to know.

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Yes, there is just so many games that I have on my mind, and yes, RE2 remake is one of them(A game I worked on way in the past), just not right now.

Also, I been trying to recover one of my lost youtube channel, the one that I posted RE3 remake on, I can not remember the stinkin' password that I used, I tried lots of variations, I am stuck, so I am creating another email account and a new youtube account for the upcoming DSIII+Reshade, and I am uploading the gameplay video as we speak, you all will greatly appericiate it.

Doom Eternal was one of the game that was on my Radar but Since its Vulkan Based, 4-Way Sli = Absolute No go, perhaps for normal Sli, anything more then that = Nope, if it were using Open GL, I might perhaps jump on the game.

I normally been working on DX10/DX11 based titles, This is where 3-way/4-way sli Truly Shines(Depending on game of course).

DX9 is also excellent, again, depending on game.

DX12 = X

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DSIII + RESHADE - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - GTX 970 - QUAD SLI - ACTUAL GAME PLAY FOOTAGE UPDATE - 3/23/21:

I am currently uploading the video as we speak @ 4k/60 fps.

File is Quite large, going to take awhile to upload then process the file.

Currently the video progress is @ 100%(UPDATED ON NEW POST, VIDEO IS UPLOADED).

Trans-coding part took a very long time on my end.

Keep a very keen eye out on this particular post on the current update status on the upload progression state.

Video was recorded through the ZGCAM mod on my S21 phone as the stock camera, produces very overwhelming bloom/saturation/contrast effect that even with some video editing wouldn't be enough, ZGCAM mod port is a world of a difference, after the video was recorded, I had to reduce the saturation to like 50% and lil contrast to keep it almost like how I am playing it on screen, it is so much better then the stock camera.

I then had to convert it to 60 fps since the ZGcam mod port is only 30 fps on my end(Wether 1080p or @ 2160p), by using a special program called Hybrid(Works Perfectly), along with other things, then finally, brushing up the visuals, I used Handbrake, everything came out excellent, still, not as what I am playing on screen but this is the best that I can take it.

I was looking into Shadow Play, it works, Fps drops was not bad at all, like 2-3 fps, but I totally refused of using it since its using some Vram and I am basically out of Vram with this game so, I decided(A very smart move on my end), not to use it, this way, you all can see exactly how it performs while I am playing as oppose to losing fps while using Shadow Play.

In the meantime, here is one of the ost from the game:

Stay tuned, nothing in the world can prepare for whats coming.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DARK SOULS III + RESHADE - WORLD EXCLUSIVE - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - ACTUAL GAME PLAY VIDEO NOW LIVE + PERFORMANCE STATUS UPDATES: - 3/26/21:

To all of you SLI Extreme Tuners/Dark Souls Lovers out there, All the Grief and Delay is all swept away...

Guru3D.com/A M D BugBear very proudly presents:

A World Exclusive On Dark Souls III+Reshade running on Quad Sli + Extreme Hardcore profile tuning/Testing.

Enjoy the Video(Video will take a bit to improve quality since It just got uploaded):

4k Upload processing is now complete but for some reason, only 1080p @ 60fps is is available, tops, looking for the problem(EDIT: Took long time, both 1440p/2160p is now available).

Also, when viewing the video, you might want to adjust your contrast,etc around to your liking, certain stuff like candles and whatnot is producing much more exposure then I recorded, and yes, I tried to lower the contrast down a bit before uploading, helped a bit, but didn't want to over due it as it will hurt the overall video in general, so please tune your video properly while viewing, thanks.

EDIT:

Video is finished uploading, please wait longer for better quality to show up, many thanks, enjoy the video and sorry for the shaky effect on the video, I can not get rid of it, even with the video/optical video stabilization turned off while recording, it would not get rid of it(Yes, I was using a tripod).

Also, if some people are curious of why I am using a trainer, easy answer:

As with Hellpoint(One of my completed 4-Way Sli Projects), I wanted to get areas in the game much more quicker so I can tune in peace, I am no way, in any shape or form, really playing the game, I am looking to get the game tuned and get the game scale at its absolute best, that is my job, my job is not to play games, my job is get the game working and perform to its absolute best and to have the game completed fine tuned,etc., so hope you all understand of why I am using trainers.

EDIT ON 3/26/21:

I am currently very hard at work finishing up my performance testing videos(Both Static & Movement Pattern tests), along with Graph work.

Here are my current stats thus far on this(Completed also includes: Graph work "UNLESS" specify otherwise):

Cemetery Ash - Fountain Area(Static Testing): Completed
    Cemetery Ash - Fountain Area(Movement Pattern): Completed
    Cemetery Ash - Boss Room Area(Static Testing): Completed
    Cemetery Ash - Boss Room Area/2 OUT_3IN(Movement Pattern): Completed
    Cemetery Ash: Firelink Shrine - Bonfire/Facing Blacksmith(Static Testing): Completed
    Cemetery Ash - Firelink Shrine - Steps(Movement Pattern): Completed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HighWall of Lothric - Beginning/Top Platform(Static Testing): Completed
    HighWall of Lothric -Beginning/Elevator going down(Movement Pattern): Completed
    HighWall of Lothric: Rooftops(Static Testing): Completed
    HighWall of Lothric: Rooftops/Going Down(Movement Pattern): Completed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Undead Settlement - Foot Hill of Lothric - Bonfire_Peering Down(Static Testing): Completed
    Undead Settlement - Foot Hill of Lothric - Bonfire_Going Down/Back to Bonfire(Movement Pattern): Completed.
    Undead Settlement - Beginning/Bridge Area(Static Testing): Completed
    Undead Settlement - Underside Cliff(To the rooftops/Movement Pattern): Completed
    Road of Sacrifices - Top of the Slope(Static Testing): Completed
    Road of Sacrifices - Beginning/Slope/Back to Bonfire(Movement Pattern: Completed
    Farron's Keep - Ruins Keep - Fireplace_Meditation(Static Testing): Completed
    Farron's Keep - Ruins Keep - Str8 Pathway(Movement Pattern): Completed

Deacons of the Deep - Storm_Ruler_Sword(Static Testing/30 Sec/4 Intervals): Completed
    Deacons of the Deep - Boss Room - 3XRing a round the rosie(Movement Pattern): Completed

Smouldering Lake - Carthus Sandworm(Static Testing): Completed except for graph work.

Ithryill of the Boreal Valley - Boss Room Area(Static Testing): Completed
    Ithryill of the Boreal Valley - Central Ithryll(Movement Pattern): Completed

Profaned Capital - Beyond the Flame Bowl(Static Testing): Completed
    Profaned Capital - Boss Room Area - Side to Side X3(Movement Pattern): Completed

Painted World of Ariandel - Snowfields - To the tower(Movement Pattern): Completed
    Painted World of Ariandel - Snowfields - Middle of the Bridge(Static Testing): Completed
    Painted World of Ariandel - Gravetender area - Facing the Dome(Static Testing): Completed
    Painted World of Ariandel - Gravetender area - Going around the Icicles(Movement Pattern) Completed

Archdragon's Peak(Movement Pattern): Completed.

Please check back on this post on current status on my performance testing, I am hoping this will be the last post I will make before my final conclusion so I will be very busy conducting performance testing on my side.

EDIT ON 4/1/21:

Just to let everyone know, once All my videos for my performance testing part is all completed, I am going to convert the movement pattern testing under 4 Gpu's to 60 Fps(Due to the camera only does 30 fps while recording), all others including: 1 gpu static or movement pattern testing, and 4 Gpu (Static Testing) will only get HandBrake Treatment, once the conversion from 30 to 60 fps is complete, it will also get HandBrake Treatment as well, its gonna take some time so always keep checking back on this particular post as next post will be final conclusion on my end.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    HandR, jura11 and Kozary like this.
  18. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Thats running very nicely in the video good work.

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DARK SOULS III - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CURRENT STATS THUS FAR - UPDATE - 4/8/21:

Sorry for all the delay, here are the current stats thus far:

But before we do that, please check back, couple post, it will show where I am at now.

So now, all I need to do is 3 more areas and I am done:

Archdragon's Peak(Edit on 4/10/21: Completed).

Dreg's Heap(Edit on 4/11/21: Completed)

& then:

Ringed City(Edit on 4/12/21: Completed)
    Edit on 4/12/21:

Going to add two more additional bonuses here:

Lord of Cinder & Slave Knight Gael Boss Fight. I have not made a final decision on how long the boss fights will be but I am thinking about keeping a very strict 5 mins test and just to let everyone know, These 2 battle scenes, out of my entire performance testing with this game, it will be only one that contains any kind of battle sequences, again, these are added bonuses, something came up within my mind just recently, they are not part of my original testing, thank you.

Current status on these battles thus far:

Slave Knight Gael: (Edit on 4/13/21: Completed)

Lord of Cinders: (Edited on 4/13/21: Completed)

Hardest part now about this game thus far:

While doing performance testing, especially movement pattern testing, under 4-way sli, there is quite of bit of spots in pretty much all areas that will hinder the performance readings, so I had to find certain minute locations within the given area so I can jot the performance down in peace.

As before, the same huge drag spots that effects 4-way sli, will also effect 1 gpu as well, even without reshade enabled and regardless of settings and or resolution.

I also observed more closely in certain areas, for instance, Painted world of Ariandel: Snowfields, heading towards the tower:

I checked from 1 Gpu to 4 Gpu to see how it will behave...

There is one given spot, under 1 Gpu: Does not effect at all, 2 Gpu's: up and around 3 fps, Tri-Sli: About 6+ Fps, and 4-way Sli: 20+ Fps(I have seen alot worse).

Again, the massive drag spots, for the most part, also pertains to 1 gpu as well.

Far as hitting the other spots(I call them Sub-Spots), depending on the area, it seems 1 gpu is has 0 effect, if it is effected, very tiny, but going to 4-way sli on these spots, the hit is a big difference, I have seen as low as 10 fps hit, again, I tried the best I can do with this game, this is the best your going to get.

What's also frustrating during performance testing, wether static testing or Movement pattern testing, if I see a burp on any of the Performance indicator(1% low, .1% low, Fps, so on), I immediately do it all over again.

Even just a kinda of a slight burp of my 1% lows or .1% lows, I redo the test all over again.

Not only that, I had to make sure that 1 gpu and 4 gpu's were getting the highest fps possible(Even under Static testing), for example:

If I am in one area under 1 gpu, and it says 14, it could be 15 or perhaps 16, so I had to go back to the title screen and re-load the game, once I get my desired fps, I do my testing, same goes for 4 gpu's, I have seen much as over 8+ Fps hit under Quad Sli, so I had to change resolution then go back to see if I can improve the fps or not, at times I have to go back to title screen and re-load my saved game and then re-check performance to see if it improved or it, yes, it makes a big difference, might take a bit to see the difference.

As before, once all performance testing is completed(Videos/graph work), the movement pattern testing videos will be converted to 60 fps, the others I will not, no need to, then finally use handbrake to brush up the visuals a bit to make it look a bit cleaner,etc.

I will also try to get the performance videos done by tomorrow or the following day),once that's done, I have to covert the videos to 60 fps(4-way Sli/Movement pattern testing videos only), after that, I will upload the videos, then final conclusion will be up, hopefully it will be up by early sometime next week(Hoping), If it wasn't for these videos/Graph work, the game would have been done, a long time ago, but I am starting to get into Graph/Videos, ever since RE3 Remake.

Also, just another heads up, no doubt about it, this is the longest game I ever worked on in my entire Quad Sli Project, well over 220+ hrs was invested in this game.

Just an example, here are two graph's that will be in the final conclusion.

Static Testing(Deacons of the Deep Area):

DOTD - STORM_RULER_SWORD.JPG

Movement Pattern Test(Painted world of Ariandel/Gravetender Area/Going around the Icicles):

PWOA - GRAVETENDER - GROUND_AROUND_ICICLES.JPG

The Storm Ruler Sword Testing was defin't one of a kind, never did anything like it.

Yes, 1506mhz(Core) on these Specific Gpu's is Very High Clock Speeds, Especially running on 4-Way Sli, yuppers, Absolute Insanity.

Also, here are some older images I uploaded up on earlier post, here they are again, The quality of the photo is no where near the same when I took the snap due to the quality after being uploaded on here:

1 Gpu:

1.JPG

4 Gpu's:

4.JPG

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    DARK SOULS III - GTX 970 - 4-WAY SLI - CURRENT UPDATES + MODDED QUADRO DRIVERS 465.38 TRYOUT - 4/13/21:

All performance testing including the Added Bonuses are all done, Graph Work/Videos and all.

I am currently going to do some conversion work and convert the 4-way sli movement pattern test to 60 fps, while the others, unchanged, no need to.

I'll reduce some saturation/contrast due to the camera's overwhelming colors after recording.

Next, I'll do some touch up with handbrake to brush up the visuals a bit.

I hope Final conclusion will be up very soon, I don't think by today as I have to upload the videos, and there will be many, Videos will include both Static & Movement Pattern testing, 1 Gpu Test and 4 Gpu test.
    EDIT ON 4/15/21:

All the Conversion and whatnot are all complete, took a long time, now uploading the videos as we speak.

EDIT ON 4/14/21:

I have an upload limit on how many videos I can upload, this will span up to at least of 5 days, so for the time being, I will do my final conclusion right now and present everyone the graph charts(performance readout) until all my uploads are done.
    On top of that, I personally gave the latest Quadro Drivers a try and as expected, anything from 44x.xx to these: 46x.xx, they do not work. Figured I might have a 0.00001% chance of succeeding, absolutely not, so just for future reference, those of you who are tuning in similar fashion, please "ONLY" use:

396.xx, 41x.xx, 42x.xx & 43x.xx drivers, anything prior to 396.xx as I already gave some of them a try and it works perfectly, if have any questions, do not hesitate to ask, thanks.

Back to DSIII+Reshade:

You all don't want to miss this one out, next post will come the grand finale, Stay tuned.

Stay Calm, See you all on the Final Conclusion.......

Please Relax Until Final Conclusion.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Kozary likes this.