Game Ready Driver 461.92 download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dan Longman, Mar 16, 2021.

1. deathnite

deathnite Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 12GB
    Using DDU should not be something usual, unless you're running into some weird issues. Even Wagnard said to use the tool only when needed (if you're having issues).
    The NVIDIA setup has a clean install option, use that instead.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  4. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Hi. Not according to the mods over there at NVIDIA's driver feedback channel on Discord.

I'm so confused. I had mentioned that DDU didn't work in my situation and a gang of people attacked me (even the mod Ever... something can't remember off hand the name) but thankfully, lurking here help my situation and I'm kinda new to this stuff and this being my first powerful rig for school, so, no room for error.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the discord channel is managed by the reddit community, not anybody of remote intelligence.

official (word from nvidia) is use it sparingly (never, unless an installation or uninstallation failure occurs)

which matches the DDU developers guidelines for its use.

G*addict and SmokingPistol like this.
  6. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Ha-ha!

It all makes sense now.

Thanks, man. They really had me going for a few days until I just calmed down and came here and read upon some very helpful articles on here. A matter fact, you were in many of them (also tsunami23, mbk1969 a few others) guiding me through it with simplicity.

I think I'll refrain from that channel for my own sainty sake.

7. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Driver working fine here.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    ++++++++

9. NEChris

NEChris Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 3GB
    What procedure would you recommend for:
    1. Installing a new driver (update)
    2. Installing an older driver (roll back)

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You didn't ask me but I'd like to answer:

1. Uninstall old drivers via Nvidia uninstallers, install new driver. You can also try simply installing a new driver straight, it should work, but former method is safer.

2. In this case I'd use DDU to erase current driver completely first and then install older driver normally.
    Never use Windows' driver rollback.

11. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    and disable wifi/ethernet (win10) while installing graphics drivers.;)

fear029 likes this.
  12. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Guys i had to revert. Last night Multiple lockups in games, chrome.. drove me nuts.. Had to go back to 457's.. Not a single stutter on these.. I dunno with the 461 series did to my 1080s but they are a disaster. Chrome consistently freezes up everything for a solid 10-15 seconds, but the system isnt locked.. Then if you leave it, it wakes up and catches up to everything.. Keystrokes etc.. Its SO weird. Video's will even catch up. Games were running fine but then they started as well. COD Cold War, will just STOP, you still hear it going on, and then 10 sec later back like nothing happened.

I dont know if this is SLI issue (which i had enabled) but im honestly too tired to sit and figure this one out right now, i reverted so i can play things without throwing a fit rage.

Like to also add this isn't just chrome related.. Opening Windows Explorer even does the same thing, acts like you have a bad hard drive on its way out (If you all have experienced that).. So whatever kicks in GPU usage, it just goes wonky.. So to the "turn off hw accel in yadda" yea thats not gonna cut it, and why would i want to do that anyway. Just sayin.

13. PittyH

PittyH Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    Well it's great that you eventually found it and worked out what was going on :D

Just as a side note - I'm on to the next best thing now !!!

https://www.cablematters.com/pc-1368-122-48gbps-usb-c-adapter-supporting-8k-video.aspx

It's a Cable Matters 48Gbps USB C to HDMI Adapter Supporting 4K 120Hz and 8K HDR

Do you know whether the 2080ti HDMI ALT MODE USB TYPE-C supports VRR ? or are you going to smash my dreams again Manuel :p

Tell your boss Jensen, to stop halting progress.. We're trying to push the envelope here !! lmao

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Two issues:

I have my computer connected to a 4k monitor via DP, and to an LG C9 via a certified HDMI 2.1 cable.

If I boot the computer with the TV turned off, and then turn it on, it always reverts to 1024*768. All the settings and correct native resolution are detected, but I need to set them by hand.

Second issue is that with"Above 4G Decoding" enabled in the BIOS, I get a huge performance regression in Vulcan.

5950x
    32GB DDR4 3200CL14 (8*4)
    Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master (F33c)
    Windows 10 20H2 latest normal build
    Latest AMD chipset driver

15. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Sounds similar to an issue I once had in an older PC, which was related to power. But it wasn't the PSU, it was the video card drawing too much power through the pci-e slot -- it was a 750 Ti card that didn't use a power connector, and the crap motherboard in that system couldn't handle it whenever anything kicked in GPU usage (was just like having a dying drive like you said!). So, something to ponder.

Baldassano likes this.

16. n3v3rm1nd

n3v3rm1nd Active Member

GPU:
    Aus Strix RTX 2070
    I still need to disable MPOs with this drivers or get stuttering while resizing some windows, especially VLC.

17. Wetryshka

Wetryshka Member

GPU:
    AMD XFX RX580 GTS
    Anyone having problem with Windows taskbar transparency effect in this driver?

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    install 1904x.899 cumulative preview.

Reboot.

19. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Oh Yea, Heavens forbid i take my $2000 worth of video card from a few years ago and just toss one in the Atlantic Ocean.. :rolleyes:

My 3090 is arriving sometime in 2043.

AsiJu and Aldek like this.
  20. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    If it had similar issues in the 457's i would look into that more, but its only in the 461 drivers..

My PSU is a 1500W Corsair (Ax1500i), Don't think its a PSU Issue, and the MB (Gigabyte Gaming 5P) has been solid since.

Its gonna be moot, I have my Ryzen 9 5950x and Gigabite x570 Aorus Xtreme right next to me, but alas the 3090 is Far Far off... Eventually. (like Death & Taxes)