Grand Theft Auto 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yep, noticed it about a week ago for me.

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Don't play GTA5 or GTAO anymore, stopped over 2 maybe three years ago. I do however get the occasional feed pop up about it. I found this one to be of real interest

https://screenrant.com/gta-online-5-loading-time-fix-mod-update/

Especially the comments at the end which throw a few theories about why Rcokstar themselves have not fixed the issue. Mostly because shortly before I quit I wrote an extensive post on the GTA forums that basically mentioned a lot of what was mentioned. I.e that the game has gotten so big and is being overseen by a combination of people who don't know how to or don't care about fixing the multitude of bugs. I also theorised that if this policy continued that the game would one day reach a point where the sheer weight of garbage coding they have piled in to the game would result in it becoming unplayable.

Whatever the case it's interesting seeing an independent fix what was, even when I played, and seems to be an ever growing issue with the games loadtimes and THEN offering to advise Rcokstar on how to fix it.

Of course this falls back to a number of things with the game and the folk behind it

1). Rcokstar don't care about fixing the issue, if the game 'works' and people are still paying no point fixing it just slap a mouldy band aid on the biggest problems and jog on
    2). The fix could some how be used by players to cheat their way to money. The issue with that being that the game has gaping holes you could drive a semi through that players were and are still using to this day to dupe cars. Again moudly band aid slapped on the issue to try and stop players from selling masses of vehicles to make money, while banning legit players who actually earned their cash.

I'll watch with interest to see if Rcokstar even bother to comment on what this guy has found as the fix seems to be comically simple while also begging the question, what exactly are the Rcokstar Q and A team doing.... lol no doubt the same thing they did when I used to play NOTHING.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ever seen that video of those African dudes dancing while they carry a casket? This is GTAO on PC in 2021.

MaCk0y, fantaskarsef and KissSh0t like this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What the heck... is that a mod?

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Of course its a mod, and Rockstar doesn't do a damn thing about it.

GTAO on PC is like the wild west. It's a brutal world.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    That's why I stay single player. Actually installed it again last week, will see about those mods / enb to make it look good, never done that modding before :D
    Maybe I'll just throw the coffin dancers in for a twist :D

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

I don't mod. Everything I have is 100% legit.

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    To specify, I'm talking about graphical mods to get the game a bit more up to date. I'm not even remotely interested in modding for money, I skip online altogether... so yeah, everything I have is legit as well in that sense.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I see. Well as someone who has nearly 5000 hours in the game the online is a total cluster frack. Its more broken than Cyberpunk and Rockstar allows it to happen while getting money from kids and their parent's credit cards. We're never getting GTA6. Dan Houser knew it and that's why he left the company.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah I agree with you, as long as people keep stuffing money down R*'s throat with GTA5, they're not necessarily in a rush to produce GTA6. It's probably running somewhere behind the scenes already (since let's be honest, they got nothing else to do at R*), but they certainly are in no rush. I expect announcement 2022, release 2023 probably riding out the waves of Covid to release a game after people reclaimed the wild and real world around themselves again for a year or two :D

jbscotchman likes this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I admire your optimism, but GTAO is the future. Kinda like how Elder Scrolls went full online.

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah... waiting on Skyrim's followup as well... been 9 and a half years now :D

I too think they all want to push games into the online, game as a service thing. But honestly, I did not spend a single $/€ in either ESO or GTAO, or RDR2 online for that matter, and I intend to keep it that way. Not much more we can do, right?

jbscotchman and Dragam1337 like this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Me neither. I'll buy the base game, but I'll never buy in game currency. I prefer the grind, that's what it's all about. That's why I'll never understand people who cheat in multiplayer games.

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well I could live with some grind (after all, if you plan to sink thousands of hours into a game, it can't be done without grinding by game design), but not even giving us games to grind is where it starts to turn bland. Like, nothing new to do.

My latest experience with that was RDRO, which for me was pretty much done after 100 or so hours. Ranked to max level, ventured into the different jobs and maxed them out to some extent, and then... nothing more to do.
    That paired with the sillyness of having to be online daily every day to keep a streak intact for more rewards to grind even more just felt unrewarding after a month or two. Then you miss out a single day and go back to 0, just to do it all over again... game design like that left me a bit demotivated after a day of forgetting to log on. :D

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I hear ya. With GTAO I grinded like crazy over the last year and have every business maxed, almost 200 custom cars. I know every in and out of that game so now I just help new players, and make stupid videos like this for the GTA youtube channels to use.

DocStr4ngelove and fantaskarsef like this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe I guess GTAO is a completely different world, hardly anything I've seen there looks familiar from SP mode :D
    But yes, big business JB

jbscotchman likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    how'd you manage to avoid all the destructive cheaters?

18. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    If GTAV was reality, every day 2 hands full of dollar bills go out of the window because of inflation. :D

Thank god for BTC. <3

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It can be a brutal world that's for sure.

Yea, like 50k a day just to cover your bills.

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You get the hell out at the first sign of somethings wrong.

Then you got noobs trying to kill a high level. Its fun.

fantaskarsef likes this.