GeForce 461.92 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download GeForce 461.92 WHQL drivers. Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3060 GPU and support for the Outriders demo, NVIDIA DLSS in Nioh 2 - The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Banne...

GeForce 461.92 WHQL driver download

2. 0LBaID

0LBaID Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090TI FE
    Thank you Hilbert, I have had some strange flashing from my LG 4K HDR (set to HDR over HDMI 1.4) tv with 461.71. Lets see if this helps.

3. smashmambo

smashmambo Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Shame Shadowlands still isn't fixed, I'm really into that right now :(

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    465 is out real soon.

d0gs0n4c1d likes this.

5. d0gs0n4c1d

d0gs0n4c1d Member

GPU:
    Rog Strix 4070Ti OC
    @Astyanax Guess it will be released once 21H1 is around, right?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i haven't been told, but i've been hinted at that 461.92 is the last driver of this branch and 465 will be the Rebar driver to accompany the late march bios updates

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Captain's Log - Day 9001: FreeSync is still borked at 143 fps and requires dropping as low as below 130 fps to get working in some titles, in other titles it's still completely broken regardless of settings. Thanks Jensen.

This is seriously starting to piss me off. If I had a 6800 XT I'd have to give up RT, but I bet, at the least, basic features like sync would be working. And yes in tests it works perfectly at 143 fps, but in actual games it's completely broken most of the time.

8. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Stutters/microstutters still not fixed. Gsync scuffed on windowed mode. Some apps still feel unsmooth.

9. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    What are you talking about , only AMD has driver issues.

Yup, im on 6800 + G7 Oddysey , butter smooth , zero issues with freesync , didnt even had to config anything , worked out of the box.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  10. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Yeah must be my imagination...

*cough* https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/3...ex-once-twice-a-game-w-frametimegraph.436073/
    another *cough* https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ng-fps-drops-span-classhighlightstuttersspan/

I'm sure i can dig up some more for you. There are plenty of threads in the nvidia forums.

Nvidias drivers since october have been pretty ass and all either degraded in performance or did not increase to say the least. Weird how many people recommend month old drivers because the recent ones blow.

11. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Maybe good i went with AMD this round ( i dont care for RT but freesync is game changer for me , much better experience overall) . I owned GTX 1060 before and had zero issues with it.

12. skar

skar Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hi! I have been running into adaptive sync issues as well. I'm using an LG 27GL850-B which is G-Sync compatible together with my RTX2070 SUPER.
    I suggest you check out the Blurbusters' G-Sync recommendations. I for one set my FPS limiter to 141 max. (preferrably try in-game FPS limiters before RivaTuner). Then to get it as smooth and tear-free as possible, I also enable Vsync through the Nvidia control panel.
    Why all that? Well, check out Blurbusters. They explain the reasons - and the advantages and drawbacks of different settings - very well.

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The whole purpose for me is to avoid vsync, I very clearly feel the input lag from it. I'm one of those misfortunate enough to be hyper-sensitive to it.

As for Blurbusters, is this their work you're referring to? - https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

Edit: Reading it, they claim both on results in no input lag added? That's the first time I've ever heard that. The article claims these settings even work for FreeSync monitors which don't use a module. But did they give a good explanation behind why 141?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021