Afterburner - OSD "skin"

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MADFLOR, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Andy_K and Emil like this.
  2. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well , still am patiently waiting over here for a version to release including the features ive requested for , would really appreciate it , ive tested with RTSS 7.3.0 beta 6 , but still my overlay is messed up as well do i have no clue how to switch the watercooled gpu for the fan one , nor how to add the additional infos ive mentioned, thanks in advance

p.s RTSS 7.3.0 beta 6 has fixed the messed up icons showing numbers , as youve seen on beta 4, thanks @Unwinder for keepin on improving on this great little app

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  3. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    [​IMG]

vLaDv, gran172, The1 and 4 others like this.
  4. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx

5. beeswax

beeswax Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming
    Thanks for all your work on this skin/layout MadFlor, going to try it out later.

I don't think I've ever had to use the Ignore button before on this site but the begging guy, he just won't stop.

6. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    be my guest if it makes you feel better , btw would appreciate the assistance from a helpful member for sure , still strugglin over here -.-

7. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well still waiting for some help , anybody? would really appreciate it sorry for the bother but this means alot to me

8. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well thread is quite dead currently , could go for some more love for sure and im still in need of some help , if anybodys up to it would be really appreciated still cant get this figured out , i appreciate it

9. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    could somebody help out with this i still dont get it how to get this to work proper

10. Veskomenas

Veskomenas Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hey all! :)

I guess i'm really very dumb. But maybe someone can tell my how to replace my OSD with this skin and activate it like step by step tutorial?
    P.S. I think i'm not only one who don't know how to do it.. And MADFLOR you did god damn amazing job!!!

orangewoolcry likes this.

11. The1

The1 Member Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080
    Morning: you guys know each other? Lol..;)

orangewoolcry if you spent as much time learning Afterburner as you have looking for someone else to do the work...:rolleyes: You would be the expert...

Andy_K and gedo like this.
  12. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    i sure as frack wish that would be so ...sadly it aint so i got two left hands and 0 brain cells when it comes to setting up advanced stuff like this my dude

so here i am still waiting for actually someone being able to give me a helping hand here since my OSD is still not properly setup...really miss the days where community used to mean actual community lols , heres a repaste of my wish>

my overlay is messed up as well do i have no clue how to switch the fan for the watercooled gpu one , nor how to add the additional infos ive mentioned, that being>

pcielane speed for gpu
    driver version for gpu
    gpu model

and additionally if possible>
    display resolution currently used

thanks in advance

p.s no we dont know eachother lols..seriously tho , but nice to see im not the only inept person on this planet lols

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  13. Leco

Leco New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 EVGA FTW3
    Hello!

Could anyone here make use of the TOPBAR overlay? I was able to use RAINBOW V.4 quite nicely, even inserting 3 additional data from HWiNFO w/o breaking it.

The only thing I couldn't understand was how to make the units superscript.

But the TOPBAR one, I couldn't use it properly.

Anyway, I thank MADFLOR for the amazing work.

14. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    bump for my help request

15. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB

1. Skin "TOPbar" was created on the old version of OverlayEditor.dll. And unlike "Rainbow" I didn't fix it for the new version.

2. When creating the "Rainbow", I wanted this skin to be easy to read without using a background. So that the font and shadow are not smoothing. Therefore, it is made in pixel style, and the superscript of the text is the lowercase of the main font (scale 100%).
    Just enter the units in the "data source settings" in lower case.
    [​IMG]

16. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    i see you active again my dude , thank god

hope you can help me out as well my dude its been months and i cant get this figured out , i sincerely beg of you im going nuts over here , please

17. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    ok so after a long fn while ive finally managed and would like to share my perfected setup with everyone looking for one , here enjoy

https://www.mediafire.com/file/whz5h8ffbft2329/Rainbow_01_%28200%25%29.ovl/file

pic>

https://www.mediafire.com/view/1x4b4zpzb6079c0/madeit.png/file

p.s still needs resolution support from unwinder tho but ive preset it so once its supported one just has to replace its placeholder sensor once so ,and just need simple tweaks to change from intel to ryzen , intel i9 etc by simply typing it over intel in layer properties by double clicking for example the cpu icon and changing that , also if you dont have watercooled gpus then change it to a fan controlled gpu instead by going into edit and selecting embedded image and then browse and selecting the one you want , hope this was alot more helpful then anyone else has been so far , also make sure to have HWInfo64 installed and shared memory support enabled , big shoutout to @MADFLOR once again , and to @Unwinder for the epic RTSS , shits the bomb!, also thanks for being so patient with me even tho i can be pretty annoying sometimes lols, cheers

update> updated links cause some where having issue with theyre ips and zippy

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    vLaDv likes this.
  18. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    so only thing left now is to add support for game rez support and GPU Model and Driver Version info to make this complete , would be absolute fire

19. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    ok , so gotten that taken care of thanks to Unwinders support , thank you very much lol, but theres still a few kinks to be figured out , as ive said , dont know how do i get this string to show proper , dont really get it >

currently ive got <C0>%Time24% <C99=01000000>

would like to use the new <TIME=format_string> , instead

%c

Date and time representation *Thu Aug 23 14:55:02 2001,

also if possible could someone help me out with some values showing big and other showing small for example ive added some values to the OSD Skin like vram temperature but its temperature abreviation aka °C doesnt show like the others in small it shows in big and the cpu clock shows in big and small mixed letters, same goes for the gpu model, as can be seen in the below screenshot, would appreciate the help

heres a screenshot to show you what i mean

https://www.mediafire.com/view/21hpgyy3hz79h6v/almost_there.png/file

heres my preset

https://www.mediafire.com/file/whz5h8ffbft2329/Rainbow_01_%28200%25%29.ovl/file

btw make sure to enable benchmark mode to have the uptime counter below the clock showing

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  20. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021