Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what?

How would pull the bottom cover off the ps5 to remove sticker to use screw driver to turn screw to manual eject the disc fix the problem of the disc drive spining up every 30 minutes reqguardless if the disc is being used by game or not?

Want to link this?

What you talking asound the issue I read while back of sticker beeing to close to fan blade and get hit by fans as rotates.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you talking about this?

Redit

I did this once and it didnt help Drive be any quieter, And did it 2nd time this time have disc come out half way instead of little less the quarter of the way, disc spining is just as loud as it was before i tired

if it mater my ps5 is horizontal and not vertical as it not option in my setup

It dont help how loud spin noise in in the lest, atlest not for me, Sony need to address the spin up every 30 minutes that happen when there is disc in the system though

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What happens if you take the disc out after booting a game?

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Oh this sucks! It worked great for a friend of mine, we did it last weekend.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Have not tried that but I would assume if the game requires the disc the game shuts down, would have to check. Like said Majority all my games are disc based so there is always disc in the system but there zero reason for system to spin up disc every 30 minutes in game that uses the disc or even a game that dont use a disc.

I expect a a Spin up when the system is starting up with disc, cause PC disc drivers are like that to atlest to my memory I have not optical disc drive in my pc for over a decade. normal Bluray disc spining quiet which sping that should be used when a Disc check is used, but spin up sound I talking about is the same one that used when Installing a game from the disc.

Maybe I did something wrong? before realized Mistakely read counter clock wise for this ( did turn it few times couter clockwise, then realized it was clockwise to do this, but so for the 3 times I tried this turn the screw clockwise till the disc comes out has not made that install spin speeds any quiter. So far Id clockwise till the disc was 1/6 way out and 1/4 and 1/2 out and so far no difference.

Majorty of Noise is simply the vibrations from disc transfering to case to stand (horizontal) to 3 in partical board stand it on, if I put my mouse pad under stand the vibrations sound much quiter, but but actual spin noise when actual loading and "spin" up every 30 minutes or on start is the same. Same vibrations noise I had in ps3/4 are pretty much same on ps5.

What i dont get about this what does the Manual eject screw have to do with how load or how fast disc spins

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've got a chance of getting a PS5 which could primarily would be for playing old PS4 games that I haven't finished yet and later down the road buy PS5 titles. I've tried to find a good list of PS4 games that are enhanced but cannot find anything which is 100% up to date. About 50% of the games in my library don't seem to be enhanced but luckily most of the ones I haven't finished are.

I just wish that Sony would push all devs to release 60fps patches to most games in their library.
    Have you guys fired up your backlog of PS4 games on your PS5? What were your reactions?

These are the ones I haven't finished playing yet:
    Code:
    WipeOut         2160p / 60fps
    Last of Us 1    1800p / 60fps
    Uncharted Coll. 1080p / 60fps
    Uncharted 4     1440p / 30fps
    Ratchet & Clank 2160p / 30fps
    inFamous        1800p / 60fps
    inFamous DLC    1800p / 60fps

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    tsunami231 likes this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I didn't know about this should come in handy when ingame discropiption comes short. I wish it specified which mode they talking about in those numbers though. PS5 list of games with diffrent modes is help full too

It confirms what I suspected with HZD FPS Mode is running higher then 1080p (1369p) @ 30 fps which would explain why I see little diffrence in RES on Res Mode if any I do see better effect on fps mode and both are pretty much 30 fps there for I prefer FPS mode.

What we need to Patch for Bloodborne for 60fps... i can not bring my self to finish the game cause Framerate to to jarring, it problable one worst 30Fps implementation I seen on ps4

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i have not tried pull disc out when I playing game that uses it yet, cause I currently playing HZD that done use disc, atlest the verison of it that I have install dont use disc.

But with out the disc and that annoying every 30 minute spin up the system quiet, I put it on par with how quiet my ps3 slim is which quieter then my pc. well short of the quietness shown that psu is still weak link in the system cause there coil whine there. I am just completely happy that whine is no where near as bad as pro is was. Hopefull in revisions that 15 cent part that cause that whine which same part that causes it in pro psu get replace with different 15cent part that will eliminated it. but seeing it same exact part that was used in pro psu probably wont happen. if they do fix the problem I will happly by another ps5. for now for now I have 4 year replacement warranty for it.

I happy with system just wish more ps4 game got patches that gave 60fps and that there where ps5 game out I actual wanted not that I will buy them at full price 70$ anymore

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Just buy the ones you really really like. like souls and nioh games. :D

And i agree, more games should get 60fps patches, i will even add 4k and HDR to that. i would love to play dark souls 3 in 4k HDR 60fps for instance. Ghost of Tsushima looks absolutely fantastic!

serbicu likes this.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    yeah 100%, don't forget about DAYS GONE, it plays superbly at 60fps now :D

WhiteLightning likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never really liked Souls games I played but, I should bought Dark Soul game when I saw it for 29$ and I plan to get GoT when I see it for sale both cases on disc. wish they sold Disc copy of the Nioh remastering instead of it being part of nioh collection.

I mean Seriously HZD on ps5 look freakishly nice I cant want to see sequal. Soon as I beat HZD I gona get right back in to NIOH2

60FPS or bust Frack RT Majority time I will never notice those effect thing like lack of AF or DoF(which I HATE) I notice Better lighting is always great, but RT has to big of hit make it worth it im

as for HDR ps5 actual give HDR to all ps4 game that done use, it just ps5 converting game to it that dont support it or atlest that what seem like. my TV is always in HDR mode even in ps4 game that dont even support it.

Alien Isolation dont support HDR and never put the my TV in to HDR mode when played on ps4, but when I play it on PS5 TV is in HDR and I can see difference between my SDR Movie mode setting and my HDR Normal Mode settings so it definitely in HDR mode effects are most likely not as obvious as native support though.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Damn, my console makes a whirring noise when it idles in menu :(

I own Ratchet & Clank and I wish there was a 60fps patch for that game. Luckily the motion blur helps a little but fast camera movements makes it painfully evident that it's a 30fps game.

14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    quick question: if I buy Nioh 2 ps4 the disk version, do I get the ps5 upgrade for free? seems I cannot find any info about that. I can see the upgrade package there, but unavailable .

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No , in this case they are different versions. They called it remaster even. cheap way to get more money from people.

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Oh man! So there’s like no way to buy a disk remastered version also right? But how much will that remastered upgrade cost then ? I really want a disk version, otherwise will have to buy the digital remastered one.

edit: ah found the disk one for ps5. It’s called like Nioh Collection, contains both games remastered I guess , but the price is not worth it now IMO

17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    At last........thumbsticks on their VR controllers........about time. lol

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/

And yes they are somewhat copying the Oculus rift controller design but why not, when the oculus CV1 controllers were and in my view are still the best VR controllers to date, light, comfortable, they meld into your hands and they work perfectly.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    First impressions of the VR controller is, err, wtf?

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So, I've got the fan noise problem and the DNS error problem, not looking good so far. Thinking if I should return it or try to resolve the fan problem with o-rings.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Trust me, if you have used the PS move controllers in VR then these are like a prayer answered by god himself. lol

But these will work great as they are tracked by the HMD and inside out tracking has come a long way since the WMR headsets, plus you want the tracking ring around your hands as it adds presicion to were you hands actually are in VR, and it also it makes them way more sturdy, unlike the WMR controllers which are very flimsy in design and just asking to be broken the first time you hit them on something, even a slight graze with the WMR controller on anything can see the tracking ring snapped off with ease.