Purchase a second hand PowerColor RX 6700 XT for just over a 1000 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DannyD likes this.
  2. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    Gamers and the PC gaming industry is just screwed for a long time. I don't see this improving for at least another year.

Keitosha, Fediuld and Solfaur like this.
  3. Errant1

Errant1 Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX590Nitro+
    Truly amazing the levels of corruption and greed, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Gotta love it.

Fediuld and Passus like this.
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Crypto should be banned on governmental level - the beneficial value of it is minimal at best.

Meanwhile scum does one thing - burn electricity and speculate on currency and hardware.

Keitosha and TheDeeGee like this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I paid $279 for my current RX 470, This 6700 should be in the same price bracket, under 400 at release I think makes sense... over.... by more than double...

nope.

[​IMG]

jbscotchman likes this.
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Why is he even mentioning Alza? There are dozens of other shops around from which he did not buy either.

As he stated, got them through distribution chain which means same people who send them to stores.
    And that "month ago" figure, it just look so pointless. They were not even in EU month ago. If he had them month ago, he would have sold them month ago.

Solfaur likes this.
  7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The msrp for this card is already too high.

8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    AMD needs to make money while they can , they are on the same ship as nvidia now.

9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    The more absurd isn't the price, but people who buy it at that price...

A friend have succeded to have a RTX 3080 at launch, but he wasn't happy with it as it was too large an eat the heat of the SAS controler.
    With the mining craze he put it at 3080 Euro for fun and huge benefit, just to see if he can sell it at this price. and put back the old RTX 2080
    He succeed, the client come from Paris just after the call, by car (900 km...) to pay it in hand (the card, the highway cost, the petrol... a bit too much for a GPU, isn't it? lol)

With the gain he will buy bigger after the cool down, and make us laugh a lot with this story.

Fediuld likes this.
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    900km in car? That's quite some time spent on route. I can understand stupid people who have a lot of money to burn. But those are not stupid enough to waste their personal time.
    Because for rich people time is more important than money.

Solfaur and rl66 like this.

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Those like me who bought the Ryzen 5950X and RTX 3080 really got lucky, and we can decide to be "douchebags" at any moment by selling it with a very high price...

This situation really got out of control, and it prevents from people building any PC that meant for gaming, it's currently not worth it at all.

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I paid 650 EUR for R6800 ... most expensive card i ever owned . It was real pain when i bought it, but i had a feeling the prices will be even higher ...

It's not like you can buy one , because you can't unless you want pay 800E+ for 3 year old GPU .
    My friend wanted gaming pc no matter what , ended up with RTX 1660 for 420e ( 6gig ver).

Edit. I just checked it cost now 480e if you manage to get one :D

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I love how out of hand retail pricing is now too. Some shops in the UK are selling RTX 2060's for £499... can get em cheaper as new from Ebay but still way overpriced. I know you can't really blame a retailer as they obviously have to work with a buy-in price and try to make some profit on top of it but it's still silly.

14. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    In natural selection some don't have the light on every floor... being rich or poor, doesnt preserve from that lol
    And even more for a GPU... it's only a GPU lol

15. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Such behaviour shows only, how silly and insane whole hardware market got right now. It is not a matter of money it is a case for a lunatic asylum....

rl66, Airbud, Kosmoz and 1 other person like this.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I waited and waited and waited. Till I got mine at MSRP. I would not pay more as it is thing of principle.
    - - - -
    It is really kind of madness. And I wonder if there is some comprehensive list of factors that drive it.
    It may be needed as part of mental health guide for upcoming years/decades.
    More and more people will need to moderate their own behavior which affects things/events on global scale.

17. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    I got real lucky with my 3060 Ti for the MSRP when it launched (OC model, triple cooler, about 400€). Besides gaming, I currently also use it for mining and have since December now about 400€ thanks to that (minus about 50€ for electricity, but it's winter here, so it's also heating my apartment a little bit). Anyway, I sold my old 1070 8GB for 380€ last week (which I had replaced with the 3060Ti). Crazy times indeed.
    I still want a 3080 though, as the 3060Ti is sadly to slow for good 4k gaming :( But not willing to pay more than the MSRP for the 3080, so I guess I'm waiting another 2-6 months for the card.

18. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    2-6 months? Very optimistic...let´s wait and see. Patience, especially right now, is your best friend...I wanted to upgrade as well, but decided to wait for RTX40xx or AMD 6xxxx successor.

19. danny69t

danny69t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650 Super 4GB
    Last year around May I upgraded my PC, was a bit p!ssed off because the 1650Super i bught was about 20 € above regular price before CoVid started.
    Boy, am i glad i only paid 180€ for it as now i saw it at about 250-300€.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Best thing you can hope for these days is your current card not dieing on you.