Kozary's Quad SLI & RTX NVLink Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kozary, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Valheim profile updated.

Reshade does not play to nicely with this game, because of the dynamic weather depth buffer seems to randomly turn on/off certain effects so i will be seeking an alternative to that as MXAO looks mighty fine in this game.

2. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I'm trying to use your settings for 2 way SLI, I assume this is doable. However there is no compatibility bits 0x0A00E0F5. The closest I can see in my Nvidia Profile Inspector is 0x0A0040F5. I also don't see anything called SLI hack.

Any advice?

3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Hello sir, first of all, On my end, the Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) for Valheim is showing up the bits, null: 0x00000000, Please input the following changes the one Kozary provided on previous post to the: Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits.

Next, there are changes we need to make, since certain settings are not showing up(Common/depending on version of inspector and situations)...

There is 2 choices we can make for the bits to show up properly:

1st we will take the easy route:

Look for a particular profile game that contains those specific bits(Example of this: Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions), next, please export the .nip profile to destination of your choice, finally re-load the profile you just saved, then we need to go to the profile: Valheim, The Sli Broadcast (DX1x) & Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x) Bits should now show up.

And the more complex route(For future reference):

On top of the program, point your cursor to export, on the drop down list, click where it says:

Export all driver profiles (NVIDIA TEXT FORMAT).

Then from here, search for the saved file, open up with a text program like notepad and search for the game: Valheim

Finally, do the following changes below:

You will see lines that says:

Setting ID_

Please keep this as reference:

For Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00A0694B

For Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00A06946

For Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x):

0x00A06746

These will make specific bits show up on the game, and its now ready to be tuned.

If your more interested in Sli in general, I got an active 4-Way Sli that I been doing for basically 2 years, Alot more pro's then con's, Here's the link to my thread(Currently still active):

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/my-experience-with-4-way-sli-thus-far.425674/

Quad Sli will require major amounts of tuning and the amount of time on a game spend while doing this: No time to be playing any games, :).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  4. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I got the Sli Broadcast (DX1x) & Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x) to show up but cannot get the bits I need to appear in the drop down list.

After exporting all driver profiles and opening up the text this is what is shown;

Profile "Valheim"
    ShowOn GeForce
    ProfileType Application
    Executable "valheim.exe"
    Setting ID_0x106d5cff = 0x00000000
    Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000001
    EndProfile

I have no idea what to do with the next steps of your guide regarding:

Setting ID_

Please keep this as reference:

For Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x00A0694B

For Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00A06946

0x00A06746

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    You need to manually input the bits within nvidia inspector.

So for example, Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

Please manually input the changes to what Kozary has(Don't use the drop list):

0x0A00E0F5

Also, just a fair warning here, he is tuning it for Maxwell based gpu's, yours is a pascal based gpu, so way later in his tuning, it may or may not even work on your gpu, You should be alright though but just proceed with caution, I always tell everyone this when I do my tuning.

Back to Valheim.

Far as the setting ID_ part:

After searching the profile from the saved file, you will come across: Profile "Valheim"

Underneath that, there is line where it says Setting ID_ then the bits themselves.

Example, lets take Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits, it would look like this using the above method:

Setting ID_0x00A0694B = (This is where you input your tuned Bits).

So in Valheim's case, We would use what Kozary provided:

For Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits, it would look like this:

Setting ID_0x00A06946 = 0x0A00E0F5

Setting ID_0x00A06746 = 0x70000000

Have you tried Deadmanswalking Version Nvidia Inspector?

https://github.com/DeadManWalkingTO/NVidiaProfileInspectorDmW/releases/tag/v3.5.0.0

6. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Well I got it to work with your help BugBear, thank you. 97% usage on each of my 1080s, frames are great @4k but there is a LOT of light flickering going on (not a minor amount like Kozary mentions). I wonder if there is some setting I can turn off to fix it.

7. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Make you are properly fullscreened and try alt tabbing in out or doing the ctrl alt del trick. If not then this could be differences in setup, i'm still doing some tuning when I got time on this game to remove the last anomalies. It should be a simple fix, the water used to flicker like Fing crazy and i mitigated that completely.

The lights reflections that flicker during rain storms are quite considerable. But the fact that I spend minimal time around light sources of that nature its not a major issue for me. Is it just the reflections that flicker for you or the actual lights themselves?

Also sorry i do not include the basics for setting up an SLI profile, that information exists already in well written guides and in my mentioned threads for SLI information (amdbugbears thread).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  8. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I am definitely in proper fullscreen when this is happening. I had to alt tab to get there but it works. When I am not in real fullscreen sli works but with like 50% usage on each card.

I think its the lights themselves. I was just spawned into a new world (it is sunny) not having done anything in the game yet. I walked around a bit and it seems like it mostly happens only outside of a certain range. Everything within 15 feet seems to not flicker but outside of that range I'm getting constant flickering lights. It definitely is happening in the reflections also. All the trees around the area I spawned in are flickering.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  9. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Mine is 100% specific to things that you have built and only when it rains and light reflects off the surface. Tested 2way SLI on another PC and same results.

I am using a fully trimmed nvidia driver only hd audio, physx and the driver its self none of the other useless trash. You could also try changing your SLI hack to 0xC0000000, the first hex in the hack seems to have a lot to do with the flickering in this game or even try without it I found that sli hack between 2/3way works in different ways.

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Far as the flickering/flashing is concerned, please try the following:

Within nvidia inspector:

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits, remove this particular hex:

0x00<<~~ Switch it back to digit: 0

Next, Under Sli Broadcast Bits, try this:

0x0000030A

Also, for testing purposes:

Or try doing this: Input this within Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x0A0025F5

The 5th hex down, switching digit 2 will in some games, control alot of the anomalies but in turn, you might get scaling reduction or perhaps no scaling reduction, every game is going to act different.

I have not personally tested the game myself but I would try the above method.

Try working the Sli Broadcast Bits some, mainly the 6th and 8th hex down, let Kozary do it first, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021

11. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    I'm going to try both of your suggestions and I'll report back tomorrow when I have the time. Thank you both for taking the time to help out a fellow SLI user, I'm sure you both know how hard it is to get info on how to get SLI working in new games these days.

12. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Is it running completely perfect on your system? I get some flickering in the main menu, but it doesn't affect gameplay negatively, and it seems to be running great everywhere else. I'm on dual SLI, should I leave the number of GPUs set to 4? The Tarkov profile Nvidia provides has it set to 4, and AFR.
    Thanks so much for figuring this out! I've tried for months to tune this game properly to have SLI work on it, and could never get it right because there's just too much I don't know. It was frustrating because it appears that Tarkov had official SLI support at some point since it has its own compatibility bit from Nvidia and SLI is on by default, but as we both know, the default bit only makes the game run considerably slower.

13. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Yes it is perfect in 3way I never even tested it in 2way. Menu flickers on the loading screen but after that it's perfect inventory etc is perfect, I quit the game last wipe so I cant vouch it works perfectly anymore in an early access game. Scaling was on point with 3 cards and it should not matter how many cards you have it set as you can always input F1 into the compat bits if you want. I don't even touch the SLI section at all in my setups but sometimes I found its best left on auto and controlled from the SLI compatibility bits.

I also cap the game at 200fps in rtss and SFR also works great in EFT as an alternative.

14. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yep! Still works.

Kozary likes this.
  15. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Well I have tried several combinations of both of your advice and there seems to always be that flickering. It does change the flickering to varying degrees but its always there. I still feel like it can be tuned to work with minimal flickering based on my tests, but I just don't know what to change exactly.

16. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Like bugbear says the 6th broadcast and the 5th compat play around with that sort of flicker the most. Its almost like a AFR desync you can see the effect drawing over multiple frames I only get this if its raining in game on things I have built. So it's not bothersome to me at all. I just tried tuning a whole bunch and created a lot of flickering and if i was going to say if anything i made it worse but on the off chance these bits below seemed to settle flickering in the mountains after i looked at it for awhile it just stopped.

broadcast- 0x00000001 \\i have a feeling this does nothing in valheim but setting 201 did change things up quite a bit with the water flicker coming back.
    hack - 0x70000004

However I cannot replicate your issue even with 2way sli on a different PC. So I cannot tune it out all I can suggest is going with a barebones graphics driver without any baggage that does not have a premade profile for Valheim. But there is differences between motherboards and most likely GPU generations when it comes to SLI and some are better then others I only use ASUS boards and I don't seem to get bad scaling or unbearable flickering on any game.

17. B23x

B23x Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Ok I have made some major progress with a LOT of trial and error, and most of all both of your help, big thanks. I believe I have eliminated all major graphical anomalies and have great scaling. Here are my settings for 2x GTX 1080s.

SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10 + DX11) - 0x0000E0F5

SLI Specific Hacks (DX1x) - 0x70000000

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Kozary likes this.
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    If you all want me to look at Escape from Tarkov in the future, let me know, it was one of those games I took a peek at awhile back ago, know about the game, never even played it.

Game being Unity engine based + DX11 to boot = In my favor for it to work.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  19. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Nice work, this did not change a thing on my end I just figured that hex was irrelevant and left it be however the same hex in Tarkov (unity) makes it flicker like crazy. But I will add this to my SLI profile post because this may help other users out a lot thanks.

I probably wouldn't bother unless the game its self interests you, my profile works very well in 2/3way the game is early access and they are redoing textures and whatnot so SLI could be destroyed at any point not to mention it's Fing expensive while it is a very fun game and i'm a good player in CSGO I just get 1tapped all day in Tarkov then some rounds I double/triple dink out an entire squad of people it's very frustrating and the 25 rounds to kill people in armor when using tier 2 armor pen rounds makes me wanna punch something. Game balance for a shooter = 0/10 game it's self 10/10.

20. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Destiny 2 SLI

compat - 0x080117F5

Just a quick test on this game scaling wise i go from 58fps(1gpu) 91fps(2gpu) 103fps(3gpu). Scaling is not great in this game and 2way SLI has a lot of flickering on my system but 3way is perfect. I may do some further testing and tuning if i enjoy the game but at this point all you need to do is add F5 to get 3way going somewhat.

SSAO uses up a lot of bus bandwidth for those running on 8x width it is likely you will get micro stutter if you do not disable it.