Lost Planet Extreme Condition problem you need to be aware of!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by bobmitch, Aug 16, 2007.

1. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Opened STEAM today...and it automatically downloaded 1.04 patch. However, when it is done...you get "User Authentication failed" error and the game is no longer playable...whether DX10 or DX9 version. E mailed STEAM, who is acting clueless and also e mailed Capcom. Seems it is Capcom's goof up and they may take a few days to find the problem. Go here:

http://ww2.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?p=296921#post296921

Read all the posts...that are growing by the minute.

If you intend to play Lost Planet...DO NOT let Steam auto download the patch. Stay with version 1.03 until the issue is resolved...or you can no longer play as many of us cannot...

Just letting you know about the issue before you get stranded...

Bob

2. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Hmmmm I was eagerly awaiting getting home so I could update this bad boy, but it looks like I'm putting that on hold..

Thanks for the heads up bobby! Hopefully they'll get it straightened. People are already up in arms with capcom and this game. This goof up is gonna grind on people pretty bad if its happening to everyone.

3. Spiel

Spiel Banned

GPU:
    BFG 9800GX2
    good info man!

4. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    Hi guys sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread 2021 and 2007 is a large gap. However I need help with steams version of lost planet extreme condition. I've got colonies version and I'm experiencing the same error as described above. How do install the 1.03 version? How do remove this steam patch? Reinstalled once already so this is no "patch" really i can remove from some time as it with the original install im experiencing problems.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    Yeah sorry bro i dont think it worked. Personally Im not entirely sure that is the right way to go. People were saying download and install Games for Windows live for a different error. That was when the game didn't even launch from steam. But my game launches it just shuts down when it gets to the menu screen. Though I did download Games for Windows live I may not have done it correctly i did not know about the wlogin_64.msi file, however as I said earlier that may not be the problem, as you can see from the screenshots below 20210313133258_1.jpg 20210313133303_1.jpg

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  8. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    well in that case installation of GWFL is not the problem. Its this "user authentication" thats the problem. Ive emailed the bastards at Capcom last week Thursday but they've yet to get back

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Uninstall each (that you can) and reinstall from the PCGW zip in the order

Wllogin32 (game crashes without this one)
    Wllogin64
    The runtimes for these are provided with windows 10 by default.
    gfwlclient - updates gfwl market to 3.5.67 (3.5.50 can't login)
    Xliveredist (game won't even start without this one)
    gfwlivesetup (provides the Login interface and market place vs 3.5.50)

It is necessary that your windows account has a linked live id, and that this has been logged in with an App password if using 2fa.

Under Windows 10, there is no Link online ID gui in the classic user accounts screen, this is moved to the Credential Manager as a Generic Credential with the title WindowsLive;(token), if you have entered a non 2fa password accidentally to the GFWL login, you can change it to a App Password here.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  10. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    Do I have to uninstall any xbox related stuff or "microsoft store" aswell?

Also I uninstalled what I thought was correct, reinstalled in the order you suggested beginning with gfwlclient, then xliveredist and then finally gfwlivesetup. Having done that on the games for windows live login box i press enter and then I receive the error code 80070005

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The white gfwl client with the rounded buttons will no longer work
    the gfwlclient with the black login does, it may require a firewall rule to do so.

The tips in this steam thread might be applicable
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/211420/discussions/0/864957817394741900/

12. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    "There was an error retrieving your purchase history, please sign out and try again" is my latest error message. I basically done a windows update and that let me sign in. It didn't really find a solution on the thread you linked.

However I might give that thread a more thorough search, they did link a few articles. At the moment I'm contacting Microsoft support

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats in GFWL market client?, just ignore anything in that, its only installed because its required for the gfwl overlay and login, microsoft half arsed the discontinuation of the market place, it doesn't pull any profile info properly anymore, not even the Game points are up to date in the market client.

You should get the GFWL overlay and login screen when starting lost planet and pressing start.

if not, then the non-colonies edition might have had its support discontinued,

Colonies sits on please wait for a bit the first time you login, and subsequent logins are fine, but you shouldn't get an authentication issue.

Something i noticed is that your screenshots are different to mine for that main logo, you say you have the colonies edition but the title for that is a red colonies instead of the blue extreme condition.,

14. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    Sorry Im not aware of the nuances. Wether Ive got the extreme condtion version or the lost colonies version. I think you have it right, I have the extreme condition version. What do i do now if its support has been discontinued?

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Is this a steam copy or retail?

if its the steam version, you can request a refund and spend the refund on the colonies version.

I haven't seen any of the authentication fail threads for colonies that are attributed to extreme condition.

16. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    Its a steam version. Does steam sell the colonies version?? And if not who do?

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Steam sells colonies, same price as extreme condition iirc.

18. Dev Sahota

Dev Sahota Guest

GPU:
    GeForce
    Fairs, which is one is better in your opinion?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Colonies seems to be the one that'll work so that makes it better imo XD

though colonies seems to offer more gameplay features.