NVIDIA Crypto Mining Processor 30HX Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA recently announce tor segment and split gaming and mining cards, the first AIB partner to have a product ready is Gigabyte. Meet the 30HX, which really looks like the Gigabyte GTX 1660 SUPER OC...

NVIDIA Crypto Mining Processor 30HX Graphics Card

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they are turing after all.
    both tu106 (2060) and tu116 (1660) go into hx30 and 40 crypto cards

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Let them use all the Turing chips they want. The problem is that the better CMP cards will be Ampere based. 90HX will use a 3080 chip, which could have been set aside for gaming cards. And as we know, not enough chips to satisfy both miners and gamers.

4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    you'll never satisfy miners even if you tripled production

Keitosha, Solfaur, EspHack and 2 others like this.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Cool, NVidia do crypto card...
    That are worse than Gaming card for mining.

If i was a miner i know what i will get.

Solfaur, EspHack, Airbud and 2 others like this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    If i were a millionaire i would buy up all those cards and smash them with a sledgehammer one by one to piss off miners.

Solfaur, jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    26 hashrate at 125 W ? Thats pretty bad.

8. no_1_dave

no_1_dave Master Guru

GPU:
    Not if they use failed yields that would not be fit for purpose in gaming cards but could still be used in mining cards

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Question is, what's the true requirement of gaming GPUs vs. mining GPUs? Able to hold a certain frequency at a certain power level?
    Because if it's "just" bad chips, they could still be cut down and sold a tier lower in a gaming card just as likely.

Airbud, Embra, Venix and 1 other person like this.
  10. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Nvidia should shove these on a place the sun never shines! What a waste of silicon, specially after the mining block on the 3060 was cracked.

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    And what do you think the 3080 3070 and 3060ti are??? They are all failed 3090's ....binning and disabling parts of the card that are defective is part of this industry long time now... So please for the love of god do not believe the pr talk .... Hell if it is thaaaat defective they can make a 3060 supper to slot between the ti and non ti .... But if it can pull 90 mh .... IS NOT that defective.

cucaulay malkin and Airbud like this.
  12. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Attention All Miners: this is just the start!, we have two more great mining cards coming to Market Q2

[​IMG]

it's a damn shame, none of those chips will ever get to game. (sadface here)

Venix likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia wants that so you cant buy it second hand when all this crashes.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I would imagine these are similar in functionality to the workstation or Quadro lineup or perhaps a better way to put it is so whatever chips NVIDIA is dedicating to these wouldn't affect Ampere productivity and what the lineup here utilizes.

EDIT: Ampere is still limited though as everyone seemingly wants one especially the 3080's so there's never enough availability and just filling existing orders ensures any stock is extremely limited or non-existent going by what's going on around here.

Even the 3090's sorta disappeared and with the better pricing there's little chance for the 3060's and 3070's too unless the incoming GPU shipment quantity was somehow to be greatly increased.
    (But that seems unlikely if the current demand is outstripping even manufacturing capabilities before dividing up what gets shipped where.)

jura11 likes this.
  15. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Miners don't want just 1 or 2 cards....they want all of them!, display ports or not.

Grrrrr!

fantaskarsef and JonasBeckman like this.

16. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I heard this was a false alarm - the crypto they bragged about cracking was NOT the one NVidia blocked.

Question I asked before and not answered: How much of that 10GB VRAM is actually used by an individual mining GPU while it is actually mining Ethereum? Surely not the entire 10GB. Could they not have made them cheaper by only having something less like 2GB VRAM on each?

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Nvidias first and foremost obligation is to shareholders, not gamers. Which means max profits and ROI are the main objective. Any crypto limiting measures they claim to make are purely for PR purposes and fodder for the gullible. AMD is no different in terms of prioritizing ROI to shareholders even if that also involves giving the one finger salute to gamers.

Venix, Solfaur, jura11 and 1 other person like this.
  18. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Heres a chart of the predicted DAG size:-

DAG size.png
    It's DAG needs to fit in the VRAM , it currently needs 4.125 GB so any card 4GB and below does not work. They need to buy the 6GB and up cards.

geogan likes this.
  19. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    this is just going into the scrapyard after it becomes unprofitable for mining, I hope the EU fines the hell out of them

if you want to do something about it, dont buy their new stock when it eventually shows up, go buy the miner's used cards instead, thats exactly what they are trying to prevent to maximize sales, f them

Airbud and jbscotchman like this.
  20. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Totally agree!...however, these so-called businessmen are stealing our entertainment worldwide!

I never had a problem with Bitcoin until it started infringing on my entertainment life!....I hate saying it but I wish Bitcoin would crash just so I could have some entertainment in my ordinary life.

Scorch666, Keitosha, Silva and 4 others like this.