Rocket Lake-S presentation leaks: Core i9-11900K outperforms Ryzen 9 5900X in gaming (according to Intel)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    EspHack, PrMinisterGR and BlindBison like this.
  2. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    Its funny seeing all those AMD fanboys here claiming Intel is lying... AMD is "bending" the numbers every time and after every CPU launch the benchmarks shows it... Usually Intel delivers exactly what it promises, you can love or hate it but thats the truth...

3. tailspin

tailspin Member

GPU:
    ARES II 6GB
    If they arent showing 1440p or 4k, probably no difference in performance. There goes my plans on upgrading for now, might wait till 12th gen is out. ‍♂️

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I think this round was a bit different , actually AMD was on spot with the slides (Both Zen3 and RDNA2).

GSDragoon likes this.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    who cares about slides and geekbenches anyway

we need an impartial review from Hardware Unboxed ! :D

6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    we need Guru3d and TPU review :p

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    for cpu go to computerbase and purepc,they usually do this the right way - by picking a cpu intensive place over just dropping resolution
    TPU is nice cause it's more like what you can expect in most gpu bound scenarios and they have percentage charts

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Oh how the turntables.

This is super interesting, but they should have tested with "Threaded Optimization" to OFF, to see if that affects anything.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Exactly that since you shift from a CPU limited scenario towards a GPU limited scenario with higher resolution.
    But to be honest, I will read reviews once they are out in the wild, the rest is just anecdotal to me.

Airbud likes this.
  10. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    If pricing and availability is okay, you might buy one (+ new mainboard in my case), but imo only for OC fun with TEC cryo cooling (+$$) in mind. A TDP of 125 is quiet a lot for "only" 8 cores. Intel´s aim is taking "Fastest CPU for Gaming Crown" back, but without "real world reviews", nothing is proofen yet. The only advantage Intel still has, is RAM speed and overclocking capabilties in conjunction with maximum heat dissipation, and we all know what this means......

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021

11. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    It's so sad to see intel trying to appeal to gamers. They were charging extra premium money for oc capabilities for years. Yes, gamers paradise.

12. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    given how tiny these claims are, I bet/hope they are true, otherwise AMD will charge us $399 for a 6core by end of year

PrMinisterGR and GSDragoon like this.
  13. nightwalker342

nightwalker342 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3090 FTW3
    If you really stop to think about it, when they claim a 3% improvement in a game, lets say it's 103fps VS 100fps, that is well within the margin of error of a test run, and it can drop 6 fps the very next run, so if they run it 1000 times and just one time get that lift in fps, they can claim that it has a 3% increase. Seeing a new CPU and it only has a 3-5% supposed increase over the competition means nothing until these numbers get backed up by 3rd parties who aren't Intel shills, and if that's all they can get for improvement, better be at least able to compete price wise or they're just going to continue to lose more market share. That's one good thing about AMD being able to compete again, they forced the prices to come down a bit, even if they are starting to climb right back up again :(

14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    intel's prices,not their own.
    https://geizhals.de/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-v43019.html

15. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    Sounds like it's DOA.
    Rocket Lake tops out at 8/16. If it doesn't absolutely smack AMD in ST OR come with insanely competitive pricing, it's hardly even worth talking about much less buying.